Spring Break Sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Theo.M

01 Apr 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
too late now, I didn't even realise there was a player version, won't pay for the same thing twice. What a shame. I would have much rather the player:(
I've had Eclidian player for a few years now, but just today decided to get Euclid as well (and I did :puf_smile: ). The player version makes it easy to stack them, but you can wire-up the same with Euclid. However, Euclid has a step-trigger input, which gives all kinds of possibilities. Like stepping one Euclid with a pattern from another Euclid. This is not possible with the player version. So, although the player version makes some things easy, tmo Euclid is the more powerful version :thumbup:
Hehe, thanks for making me feel better. My workflow would automatically prefer the player regardless, but thanks.

What I have just learned is that I have to click on a developer link on every RE I look at in future to see all their products. Luckily the lesson was not too expensive.

But I just can't afford any more right now, seriously. Will look at it again on BF. Being on a disability pension has its limits, and as said, after being out of the game for 5 whole years and coming back, I was hit with so many unexpected costs like for example $240 for WAVE WUP so I could just use compatible versions of all my waves plugins, and so on. It broke me!

I am considering selling absolutely *everything* in my collection and working entirely in the RE domain, as what I have found today when I spent hours in the shop and with demos has blown my mind. One wants for NOTHING anymore as far as REs are concerned. It's all there and it kerbs temptation and keeps it all in an ultra stable ecosystem.

No more pro tools 200 USD yearly, just a reason plus yearly sub instead + some RE's, BUT, I will keep my UAD Octo and they will be the only VST plugins I use, to help with CPU, so I can save more CPU for synths (plus there's some UAD plugins that are a bit special).
One VST folder. Epic.

Considering selling all my hardware synths, my plugins galore, everything, bar UAD as said, but it's a big decision I have to really consider carefully. I seem to thoroughly enjoy working in Reason, so, there's that.

Even synths I am demoing are blowing me away, there is no quality difference to any digital hardware synth, after all, they are just code. Maybe keeping one real analog (my 2 tetras chained for 8 voice poly) would be an idea too, since any VA plugin is emulation. Just like I'd like to add the Freqtube to my setup for real tubes, without the masses of cabling as it's just a usb connector.
The tetras are worth a mint now, so I'll consider what I am going to do with that too.

Sorry for the OT, but just explaining my situation. If I manage to sell some stuff, I'll be liquid. I had acquired all of that pre getting very ill and stopping work.

crimsonwarlock

02 Apr 2024

Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
I am considering selling absolutely *everything* in my collection and working entirely in the RE domain, as what I have found today when I spent hours in the shop and with demos has blown my mind. One wants for NOTHING anymore as far as REs are concerned. It's all there and it kerbs temptation and keeps it all in an ultra stable ecosystem.

No more pro tools 200 USD yearly, just a reason plus yearly sub instead + some RE's, BUT, I will keep my UAD Octo and they will be the only VST plugins I use, to help with CPU, so I can save more CPU for synths (plus there's some UAD plugins that are a bit special).
One VST folder. Epic.

Considering selling all my hardware synths, my plugins galore, everything, bar UAD as said, but it's a big decision I have to really consider carefully. I seem to thoroughly enjoy working in Reason, so, there's that.
A few years ago, I moved from Reaper to Reason. Since then, I've been gradually replacing my VST plugins with REs, mostly by using sale events. Like you say, everything I ever need is available as RE. There's only one VST instrument left that I've not been able to replace, a physical modelled electric guitar. And I still use the Sonarworks VST, but hope to upgrade soon so I won't need that any longer. There's also nothing left on my RE wishlist that I actually need, just a few goodies that are nice to have. Now with Reason, my DAW setup is nearly perfect :puf_bigsmile:

Oh, and I had quite a bit of hardware synths and stuff, I sold most of that around 20 years ago. The things that are still laying around haven't been hooked up for that same period. I'm contemplating the idea to hook some things up to Reason, but I keep asking myself, why? :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Mataya

02 Apr 2024

I missed everything and had about 250 to spend. Jesus

M

crimsonwarlock

02 Apr 2024

Mataya wrote:
02 Apr 2024
It will be May before you know it :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Chi-Individual

02 Apr 2024

Mataya wrote:
02 Apr 2024

M
Hopefully you can spend it on R13 soon. Hopefully!

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Apr 2024

Mataya wrote:
02 Apr 2024

M
I missed it on purpose.

Apart from the odd upgrade, I'm aiming to spend nothing for the next 5 years.

WaxTrax

02 Apr 2024

avasopht wrote:
02 Apr 2024
Apart from the odd upgrade, I'm aiming to spend nothing for the next 5 years.
Hey, just you wait until that 10th 808 clone comes out! :lol:

tomusurp

02 Apr 2024

Ended up getting Synapse Antidote and Saw Discovery, and my goodness the presets are incredible
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

crimsonwarlock

02 Apr 2024

tomusurp wrote:
02 Apr 2024
Ended up getting Synapse Antidote and Saw Discovery, and my goodness the presets are incredible
Antidote is the obvious one to have.

I made a case for SAW a few years back. I think it is one of the most underrated RE synths around. It sounds incredible :thumbup:
-------

• Information