Hold Function RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ChulaCoola

16 Mar 2024

Is there an RE that is dedicated to or has a hold function as one of it's main functions that can hold audio signals for RE's that don't have that function. So the Audio/note sustains and I don't have to hold down a keyboard key while trying to do other things. I know there are at least a few RE's that have HOLD as a function. I don't want to have to dig out one just for that though. I did it before.

Or does anybody know if the Panorama P4 has that function?
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2024

Even better, there's a note latch player

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... midi-gate/
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

ChulaCoola

19 Mar 2024

I trialed Auto Latch, might be better named Not Latch. Yeah it holds notes, but not all of them. It seems I have to hold it for long enough, but not too long, or something. When it holds a note, and I hit a different key, it'll play the new note, but as soon as I let go, it goes back to the previous note, I hit it again, it'll usually latch onto it. Not always though. I have to use Poly latch, use 2 (or more) steps. It isn't quite made to do what I want it to do. I am sure it is perfect at what it is designed for, as a player.

I just need a device that allows me to plug in more than one device, holds a note I play, can send several inputs to one output as I switch them, one at a time, and I can switch to a different input.
It can even have multiple outputs, but at least one output.

I have PongaSoft AB12 audio switch, but it doesn't hold notes and only switches between banks of inputs. So if I only need two instruments, I am fine.

Yes I'll use Auto Latch for now. But it isn't the best. It is kind of like using a car as a boat, you have to do all kinds of stuff to it to make it float.

After typing all this, I tried using the Reason Mixer 14:2 or for economy, the Line Mixer 6:2, and a MIDI track for the devices. Just mute all the devices in the mixer, then hit Solo for the one I want to listen to. It is a pretty good fake for what I want.

If what I am looking for doesn't exist, does anybody want to make one? :)
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Mar 2024

ChulaCoola wrote:
19 Mar 2024
I trialed Auto Latch, might be better named Not Latch. Yeah it holds notes, but not all of them. It seems I have to hold it for long enough, but not too long, or something. When it holds a note, and I hit a different key, it'll play the new note, but as soon as I let go, it goes back to the previous note, I hit it again, it'll usually latch onto it. Not always though. I have to use Poly latch, use 2 (or more) steps. It isn't quite made to do what I want it to do. I am sure it is perfect at what it is designed for, as a player.

I just need a device that allows me to plug in more than one device, holds a note I play, can send several inputs to one output as I switch them, one at a time, and I can switch to a different input.
It can even have multiple outputs, but at least one output.

I have PongaSoft AB12 audio switch, but it doesn't hold notes and only switches between banks of inputs. So if I only need two instruments, I am fine.

Yes I'll use Auto Latch for now. But it isn't the best. It is kind of like using a car as a boat, you have to do all kinds of stuff to it to make it float.

After typing all this, I tried using the Reason Mixer 14:2 or for economy, the Line Mixer 6:2, and a MIDI track for the devices. Just mute all the devices in the mixer, then hit Solo for the one I want to listen to. It is a pretty good fake for what I want.

If what I am looking for doesn't exist, does anybody want to make one? :)
This might help, but tbh I'm not sure what it is that you want exactly; still this in combo with something else may work.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ote-latch/

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

20 Mar 2024

ChulaCoola wrote:
16 Mar 2024
Is there an RE that is dedicated to or has a hold function as one of it's main functions that can hold audio signals for RE's that don't have that function. So the Audio/note sustains and I don't have to hold down a keyboard key while trying to do other things. I know there are at least a few RE's that have HOLD as a function. I don't want to have to dig out one just for that though. I did it before.

Or does anybody know if the Panorama P4 has that function?
You can use the RPG-8's hold function, just disable the arpeggiator and enable Hold.

Rama synth also has this hold function, but only in itself (it's a synth, not a player) ;-)

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.19.11.png
Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 21.19.11.png (398.83 KiB) Viewed 269 times
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

ChulaCoola

20 Mar 2024

Thanks, the RPG8 is a good idea also. I had forgotten that one. I haven't used it in a while. It is a smaller RE. It might be easier to remember too.

ChulaCoola

20 Mar 2024

That Note Latch works pretty well. That is closer to what I am looking for.

Thanks Enlightenspeed RE Developer!

• Information