ES10 (beta) - Ekssperimental Sounds Studio

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

dioxide

16 Mar 2024

Looks interesting but from the video it seems like it isn’t an emulation, it just emulates the workflow. I like Ekss GUIs a lot but when it comes to classic gear I want it to sound close to the original. I saw on Facebook some videos of a TR606 style device, which I hope is close to the hardware.

RandomNoise

16 Mar 2024

dioxide wrote:
16 Mar 2024
Looks interesting but from the video it seems like it isn’t an emulation, it just emulates the workflow. I like Ekss GUIs a lot but when it comes to classic gear I want it to sound close to the original. I saw on Facebook some videos of a TR606 style device, which I hope is close to the hardware.
Yes, it's not an emulation, but like I've mentioned in the video I am not sure if it's necessary a bad thing... There are plenty of emulators out there as VST I guess, and while this one has the same workflow of the SH101, it's kind of meant to do its own thing I think

ekss
RE Developer

16 Mar 2024

Yep, it's not ment to be an accurate emulation but a quick and easy device to get similar tones. A friend of mine said it was really close to the original, well it's not measured or matched in any way, just by taste and I think it's close enough for when you need a 101 style of sound but doesn't care if it's 100% accurate. I think the more important thing is that it sounds good and is fun to use :)

The Transistor Drum Machine is sampled from my DIY RE606 (replica), and has some added tweaking possibilities :geek:

dioxide

16 Mar 2024

ekss wrote:
16 Mar 2024
The Transistor Drum Machine is sampled from my DIY RE606 (replica), and has some added tweaking possibilities :geek:
Ok that sounds like more my kind of thing. Looking forward to trying it!

Steedus
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2024

I thought you already did this basically with the ES01?

ekss
RE Developer

17 Mar 2024

Steedus wrote:
16 Mar 2024
I thought you already did this basically with the ES01?
ES01 is an emulation of another smaller synth from around the same time, an extremely detailed and accurate emulation (with lots of small additions hidden in the display area).
ES101 was heading in this direction but I made it like a hybrid thing with lots of other/different functions and not quite the same.
This new one is ment to be a quick and small unit for when you need a 101 type of sound, without any distracting settings that takes the sound to far away.

cocoazenith

27 Mar 2024

Love the fact that it's so compact, easily accesible and saves so much screen space.

We are in dire need of REs that utilize exactly the amount of space needed for their core functionality, without blank areas, too much spacing between components or all sorts of un-needed bells and whistles.

ekss
RE Developer

17 Apr 2024

ES10 Synthesizer is now available:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

• Information