Nebula Reverb

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
madwurmz

13 Mar 2024

.. Reverb number 64 arrived in the shop :P

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... la-reverb/

so much space in the design, feels almost against the guidelines!

layout of this looks like a combinator 2, don't know if I like it.. dont know if I need it..
I usually get enthusiastic about 'vintage' and 'classic' and this is 'digital' and 'modern' so why am I even looking at this!

ten euro is not much but is it even worth it?
madwurmz from planet verbs

Loque

13 Mar 2024

Lots of buzzwords.

No CV control.

The UI looks clean, maybe a bit too clean :-P

Not sure, if it also contains IR, because i speculate it is a GE fx and AFAIR it doesn't have a "Cathedral" algorithm or has it just a extra long tail?
Reason12, Win10

deeplink
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2024

Ya unfortunately it seems a bit rushed? At least the press-kit seems rushed - images are poorly snipped and at times they don't match.

Could definitely be a much smaller device
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

crimsonwarlock

13 Mar 2024

Loque wrote:
13 Mar 2024
Lots of buzzwords.
deeplink wrote:
13 Mar 2024
Ya unfortunately it seems a bit rushed?
I'm thinking the same about the synthesizer from this dev.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Mmj85

13 Mar 2024

I am digging this reverb, simple controls, great price with a large variety of reverb modes (Near 50) and they sound great. Bought!

The UI was probably the thing that was rushed and the layout of the knobs and skin might need some work ( *typo found see pic*) on the input knob. They should also mention the near 50 modes that this reverb has to offer in the shop page.

Uses:
- Adding quick space to any element
- Creative combinations with other reverbs
- The LOW MULTI Multiplier helps thin or thicken the reverb quickly
- Adding lush to any synth

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.57.54 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.57.54 AM.png (386.87 KiB) Viewed 858 times

ekss
RE Developer

14 Mar 2024

Loque wrote:
13 Mar 2024
Lots of buzzwords.

No CV control.

The UI looks clean, maybe a bit too clean :-P

Not sure, if it also contains IR, because i speculate it is a GE fx and AFAIR it doesn't have a "Cathedral" algorithm or has it just a extra long tail?
This looks like a 1:1 porting of the Reverb2 module in GE, new since maybe a year or so. I can't see any added or subtracted functions.

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2024

Definitely one for the folks who claim fancy graphics are pointless.

Keen to try it - as I have some odd fascination with new reverb and delay plugins - but it certainly gives off the vibe of someone having 'acquired' a bunch of algorithms on the interwebs, put them in a container and slapped on a 2 min photoshop job for the front panel.

That's extremely unfair, but .. first impressions and all that .. Still need to trial it.

madwurmz

14 Mar 2024

it just feels too big and empty, maybe practically there is enough space in the rack but theoretically, on a deeper meaning of design, it's putting unnecessary weight to the channel, I would hope Reason studios makes more effort to discuss with the developer before releasing this kind of work?

I'm a graphic designer and would be very happy to help so I tried to find the developer, but he's nowhere..

And I can understand developers like to fly solo... Thats what I learned from making mockups for Makeshift Design and MURF... there are some ugly racks around hehe
madwurmz from planet verbs

jam-s

14 Mar 2024

Steedus wrote:
14 Mar 2024
Keen to try it - as I have some odd fascination with new reverb and delay plugins - but it certainly gives off the vibe of someone having 'acquired' a bunch of algorithms on the interwebs, put them in a container and slapped on a 2 min photoshop job for the front panel.
That's not a random collection of algos, but as EKSS said most likely just exposing all the options of a stock UJAM Gorilla Engine (formerly known as IDT RE SDK) reverb.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2024

Would be nice to hear a demo.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2024

I tested his synth when it came out. It was a total mess. Some of the controls were back to front and the GUI was like a jigsaw. I write to tell him about all the stuff which needed fixing but I don’t think he ever bothered. Quality control is certainly lacking. Remember those Aeon synths. Usch.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information