I need a resonator.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gkillmaster

11 Mar 2024

I'm looking at the Reasonator and PolyRes Resonator (cause I love Moog's resonators). Can the Reasonator emulate the quality of the Moog sound?

Is there another rack extension resonator to look at?

Thank you!

Greg

huggermugger

11 Mar 2024

I like resonators, and I've got AAS Objekt and the Vintage Resonator in Voltage Modular to play with. I might trial Reasonator to see what else I can do.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.51.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.51.59 PM.png (709.69 KiB) Viewed 932 times
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.48.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 1.48.34 PM.png (897.7 KiB) Viewed 932 times

gkillmaster

11 Mar 2024

huggermugger wrote:
11 Mar 2024
I like resonators, and I've got AAS Objekt and the Vintage Resonator in Voltage Modular to play with. I might trial Reasonator to see what else I can do.
Thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2024

gkillmaster wrote:
11 Mar 2024
I'm looking at the Reasonator and PolyRes Resonator (cause I love Moog's resonators). Can the Reasonator emulate the quality of the Moog sound?

Thank you!

Greg
If you want the Moog resonator why don’t you get PoyRes? Isn’t that what it’s an emulation of?
There’s also the Kilohearts resonator RE which is free.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

11 Mar 2024

DrFigg knows his REs.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

challism

11 Mar 2024

Scream4 has a built in resonator (body section). Have you played around with that at all? It's probably not going to be anything close to Moog, but might as well play around with it and see what you get.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

gkillmaster

11 Mar 2024

MrFigg wrote:
11 Mar 2024
gkillmaster wrote:
11 Mar 2024

Thank you!

Greg
If you want the Moog resonator why don’t you get PoyRes? Isn’t that what it’s an emulation of?
There’s also the Kilohearts resonator RE which is free.
Yeh, thanks. That's one of the one's I listed in my original post. I'm thinking of getting it.

gkillmaster

11 Mar 2024

challism wrote:
11 Mar 2024
Scream4 has a built in resonator (body section). Have you played around with that at all? It's probably not going to be anything close to Moog, but might as well play around with it and see what you get.
Great! Thanks, I didn't think of that for some reason. Appreciated.

crimsonwarlock

11 Mar 2024

Just remember, you can get a whole lot done with using a graphic EQ as a resonator or creative filter. The RE 302 from Red rock is free :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

turn2on
RE Developer

12 Mar 2024

The Resonator effect allows using three filters that are connected in parallel. You can specify the positions and levels of the formant regions by adjusting the Cutoff, Resonance, and Gain parameters of the filters.

Moog Resonator - is a formant filter that is intended to emulate static resonances that are typical for acoustic instruments. Its three non-overlapping bands have frequency, gain, and emphasis or resonance controls. Is a built-in part of the Polymoog.
later, as DIY and small series releases, musicians can find custom 3rd part Resonator boxes. Moog not produce it as module or rack device.

Our view to it:

PolyRes Resonator
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... resonator/

Moog String Filter (by Moog Custom Engineering): early sound design device, second device (after dual VCO), in rack format released by Moog in their history.
"it will add resonant overtones of an acoustic body instrument and thus sound more realistic"
Moog release it only as part of Polymoog.
string.png
string.png (327.12 KiB) Viewed 804 times
Our view on this is next RE:

STRNGFLT String Filter
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ng-filter/

Set of 30 highly resonant bandpass filters tuned to imitate the resonant body of stringed instruments.
Device has four band segments with the fixed frequencies of all 30 filters. Each Frequency Level group is controlled by the own knob, that helps to modify the array of this segment.

Multi Resonance FIlter Array 24
by Formula Sound / Patrick Gleeson

Designed by Bob Moog specially for Patrick. It's not official Moog device, but a special project for electronic musician.
Later known small factory series: Made at Asheville moog factory with "Designed by: Robert A. Moog" instead of "Custom made for: Patrick Gleeson"
"it is similar to Moog String Filter but with greatly expanded and more tweakable facilities, but generally it excels at allowing you to electronically simulate the natural resonances of an acoustic chamber (like a violin or other stringed instrument)."

Our RE:
MuRFA24 Multi Resonance Filter Array 24

Is a 24 fixed-frequency band filter array. The device radically changes the sound, but less radically than a standard low-pass filter. Incoming signals are fed through 24 steep band-pass filters at various fixed frequencies.
Each of the fixed-frequency bands can be assigned to one or both of the audio outputs (Left. Right, or Left & Right) by bus selector switches. When all the faders of resonance levels are down, the device is fully silent. If various frequency faders are raised, that frequency becomes audible.
The Resonance shift knob, in pair with the Drive knob, allows you to change the overall harmonic tone of the selected frequencies. Has all 3 the original device modulation modes, include new one X-WIDTH modulation.

And last one, known for Moog users, is a MuRFA pedal, inspired by MuRF 24 rack device

MOOG® MF-105™, MF-105™M, / Moogerfooger
The Multiple Resonance Filter Array (MuRF) combines an 8 band array of resonant filters with a pre-programmed Animation section for unlimited unique sequenced filter effects.

Our RE:
AniMuRFA - Multi Resonance Filter Array
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ter-array/

This is an 8-band resonance filters array and “Animation” generator of envelope sequences. Without animation activity, filter section is a resonator processor.

Murf
RE Developer

12 Mar 2024

turn2on wrote:
12 Mar 2024

Our RE:
MuRFA24 Multi Resonance Filter Array 24

_________
Our RE:
AniMuRFA - Multi Resonance Filter Array
I feel honoured!
Murf

gkillmaster

12 Mar 2024

turn2on wrote:
12 Mar 2024
The Resonator effect allows using three filters that are connected in parallel....
Wow, had no idea about all this. Thanks for the post!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

12 Mar 2024

Objekt is technically a resonator that offers both modes with bandpass filter resonators (Modal) and waveguide delays (Objekt). Probably one of the most capable ones out there too :)

motuscott

12 Mar 2024

Can I get a resonating witness over here.
So many filters, so little time.
Olds 4 Reason®
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

selig
RE Developer

14 Apr 2024

Has no one made the classic Moog Fixed Filter Bank into an RE yet?

Selig Audio, LLC

huggermugger

14 Apr 2024

Another benefit of owning Voltage Modular.

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/v ... ilter-bank
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.27.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 8.27.29 AM.png (950.43 KiB) Viewed 361 times

rorystorm

14 Apr 2024

selig wrote:
14 Apr 2024
Has no one made the classic Moog Fixed Filter Bank into an RE yet?

Agreed. There's also a so so version in vcv rack and the arturia moog modular clone has one too. But a stand alone RE version would be exciting. I'm a little surprised Turn2On hasn't done one as this seems right up their street and I would 100 percent buy it.

turn2on
RE Developer

15 Apr 2024

Hi. FFB 907 is ready for release around 80%.
But if this is interesting I can make from it 914 version at near time.

huggermugger

15 Apr 2024

Audio Damage has just put their 914 Filter Bank emulation on sale at PluginBoutique, only $19.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... ge-nosto-1
Attachments
914_mk2_ui_pluginboutique.jpg
914_mk2_ui_pluginboutique.jpg (95.1 KiB) Viewed 282 times

rorystorm

15 Apr 2024

turn2on wrote:
15 Apr 2024
Hi. FFB 907 is ready for release around 80%.
But if this is interesting I can make from it 914 version at near time.
That would be amazing. And cool about the 907 too. Looking forward to it, I love this kind of thing

• Information