Rebirth Emulation

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dmitrijsorokin

20 Feb 2024

MirrorEyEs wrote:
19 Feb 2024
The E-Note Silverbox combinator is similar, don't know if it's the same person?!?
Yes, that's right, it's the same author - Sasha Radojevic AKA Shultz (Belgrade, Serbia 2009).

He combined E-NOTE BlackBox and E-NOTE SilverBox for Reason 4, added White Box, and released Phuturetone - Analog Groove Boxes ReFill for Reason 5

SilverBox.jpg
SilverBox.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 358 times
BlackBox.jpg
BlackBox.jpg (35.09 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Phuturetone-AGB-ReFill-Cover-480px.jpg
Phuturetone-AGB-ReFill-Cover-480px.jpg (124.94 KiB) Viewed 358 times

joeyluck

20 Feb 2024

Hey all, just a reminder that we can't host ReFills here, regardless if they were offered for free at any point, without the consent of the designer/dev. If a ReFill is still available, you can share an official link to that. If a ReFill is no longer available, we have to respect that the designer no longer wanted to share that ReFill, unless otherwise granted permission. Thanks!

joeyluck

20 Feb 2024

I know Peff's RB-303 ReFill was mentioned already, but there are more ReBirth/303 ReFills by Peff:

Peff 003 - 303 Square Bass
Peff 009 - Project 303 Archive
Peff 026 - ReBirth Modpack1
Peff 030 - RB-303

All available here: https://www.peff.com/journal/reason-refills/

DJMaytag

11 Mar 2024

Rebirth can do something that no other 303 emulation to date can do, a "silent slide" that sounds amazing. Normally on ABL3, Phoscyon, or a real TB-303/RE-303, if you start a slide on a note that also doesn't have a gate associated with it (ie the note is a rest), then nothing happens.

On Rebirth, there's a swelling sound that happens when the slide starts on a rested note, and it's even more pronounced if the slide happens across several rested notes. It's like having a long attack time on the volume, but not so much the filter, and I don't know if this was an error on Propellerheads part at the time, but they never changed it (not even in whatever sort of "compatibility mode" was available on ReBirth).

I for one would LOVE it if they put a less-infringey RE in the shop, especially considering it's Reason's 30th anniversary. Just port the damn code to an RE, change up the GUI, but allow for it to import our old .rbs files. I'd definitely pay $99 for it.

• Information