Rrp drag drop clip

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
visheshl

09 Feb 2024

Hi I'm using ableton with rrp.
I can drag drop midi clips from redrum and Dr rex etc, but there's no pattern player device which can drag drop midi clip.
I'm using poly step. Any way to get the midi clip?

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2024

visheshl wrote:
09 Feb 2024
Hi I'm using ableton with rrp.
I can drag drop midi clips from redrum and Dr rex etc, but there's no pattern player device which can drag drop midi clip.
I'm using poly step. Any way to get the midi clip?
I don't own polystep but assume you could probably use a midi device and send the MIDI to another channel and record the input on that channel. At work or I would have tried with a similar device to polystep but guess that should work.

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Feb 2024

visheshl

09 Feb 2024

Hmm so ill have to create two tracks, one with polystep and midi out device another with the instrument, and record midi on the second track.
Thanks.

PhillipOrdonez

09 Feb 2024

No. You can use the same track you already have with your instrument. Put the instrument and a midi out device on a combinator under the player and follow the recording midi instructions outlined in that tutorial.

Ps: i do wish there was midi drag and drop out of players on the RRP. I've been using redrum so much lately because of this. Makes life so much easier.

visheshl

09 Feb 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Feb 2024
Ps: i do wish there was midi drag and drop out of players on the RRP. I've been using redrum so much lately because of this. Makes life so much easier.
True, RS please provide drag drop for polystep.

PhillipOrdonez

09 Feb 2024

For all players, not just polystep. Might require a way for three RRP to render x amount of bars of midi for the currently active patterns / current settings?

visheshl

10 Feb 2024

Well since players are dependent on the incoming note, I don't know how drag drop clip would work, but with polystep, you could drag drop the pattern just like in redrum

PhillipOrdonez

10 Feb 2024

That's what I mean with x number of bars with the active pattern/current settings (on the player chain). This would include all pattern based players and even non pattern based players as well. If the player is currently on x state and the user picks 1 bar it will spit exactly that. Move to next section with a different seeing state and bounce midi again for that section and so on. This would work best with players like poly, drum sequencer, sequences, pattern mutator, qng, etc. But would also be usable for others as well. My idea is a setting not in the player itself but at the top right of the player bar (the bar where you find "bypass all players")

• Information