Text export of RE purchases

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Whoopdee

03 Jan 2024

Trying to collab with a friend and want to compile a quick list of all the REs I own to share with him. Anyone write a script to extract these details from the RS account page?

Jackjackdaw

03 Jan 2024

I reckon you could type them all out by hand quicker than hunting for something to do it automatically. Or copy and paste, screenshot or something.

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Jan 2024

1. Google sheets.
2. Copy data table from My products
3. Copy paste to table in Google sheets
4. in near column type per lines:
=A1
=A7
=A13
=A19
=A25, etc..
Just skip every 6 lines of data and this fast way to have list of RE names.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

Whoopdee wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Trying to collab with a friend and want to compile a quick list of all the REs I own to share with him. Anyone write a script to extract these details from the RS account page?
Me and Diminished did some colabs a few years ago and it was the type out by hand method we used. Not the safest when you’ve got 16 pages of REs.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Adabler
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

It is a little silly and cumbersome, but you could make a project file with all your REs and send it to him.

Edit: I tried to do this myself and it doesn't seem like a good idea. Reason became slow and weird, REs started to crash and I only got to Blamsoft REs before I had to give up.
:reason: 12, Win10

Noise
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

Does this help?

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Rising Night Wave

03 Jan 2024

ta-dam! :D
Last edited by Rising Night Wave on 03 Jan 2024, edited 1 time in total.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

Noise wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Does this help?

Oj!!!! Having to install every RE to get a list. Oj oj!!!!
Good idea though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Noise
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Good idea though.
Well, how could someone survive without having RackExtensions installed :D
This just reminded me to clean some trial leftovers :?
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

selig
RE Developer

03 Jan 2024

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Noise wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Does this help?

Good idea though.
Wasn’t the question about how to get a list of only the REs you currently owned, for collaboration purposes?
Selig Audio, LLC

Loque

03 Jan 2024

Reason12, Win10

huggermugger

03 Jan 2024

I would just do a series of screenshots in Companion. Even with a ton of RE's, it wouldn't take more than a minute.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 8.45.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-03 at 8.45.31 AM.png (389.13 KiB) Viewed 111110 times

crimsonwarlock

03 Jan 2024

Whoopdee wrote:
03 Jan 2024
What is he going to do with that list? Is the idea that he will get EVERY rack extension that you have beforehand. That doesn't seem logical to me.

How about just sharing the project-file with him, as Reason has a rather nifty way of showing which REs are missing and links directly to the shop pages for the missing REs. No need to compile lists, each project will simply show what he needs.
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on 03 Jan 2024, edited 1 time in total.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

selig wrote:
03 Jan 2024
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jan 2024

Good idea though.
Wasn’t the question about how to get a list of only the REs you currently owned, for collaboration purposes?
Yes. I was just saying that if you wanted to have a complete list of all the REs you have using the RE directory on you HD you'd need to download and install all the REs you have. That could amount to a lot. In fact there may not even be enough space to do it. Being able to do it direct off companion or my products would be good.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2024

huggermugger wrote:
03 Jan 2024
I would just do a series of screenshots in Companion. Even with a ton of RE's, it wouldn't take more than a minute.
S'what I would probably do.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jagwah

03 Jan 2024

Adabler wrote:
03 Jan 2024
It is a little silly and cumbersome, but you could make a project file with all your REs and send it to him.
Yes great idea, or just use a Combinator. This can be a solution for me wanting to know what REs my friend has, I can just pull up this combi and check when I need to know, cheers.

Tinnitus

03 Jan 2024

Screen shot the pages sand then use OCR built into Android photo app to grab the text for each page.

selig
RE Developer

03 Jan 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Whoopdee wrote:
03 Jan 2024
What is he going to do with that list? Is the idea that he will get EVERY rack extension that you have beforehand. That doesn't seem logical to me.

How about just sharing the project-file with him, as Reason has a rather nifty way of showing which REs are missing and links directly to the shop pages for the missing REs. No need to compile lists, each project will simply show what he needs.
I like this approach a lot, no need to DL things you may not need, and it means you only add stuff to your system "as needed". :)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

03 Jan 2024

Or you could drag all of your REs into a favorites list, then share that .favo file with your friend.

All of the REs your friend has will successfully appear in that list while the others will have warning symbols ⚠️ because they are missing.

Then your friend only needs to use that list when creating a project to collaborate with you.

You can then take it a step further by having your friend delete the missing REs from the list and then share the .favo file with you...now you have a list to use when creating projects to share with your friend.

At this point, your friend shouldn't have to add anything to the list, assuming that any additions would be REs you don't have, or otherwise they would've been in your initial list. But you could have your friend add their other REs to that list, just to be sure you didn't miss any, maybe didn't have some installed, or some freebies you didn't grab.

It's a bit of work, but I like this idea best because then it gives you a better workflow rather than having to keep looking at notes. You can drag and drop from the list and you can also search within a favorites list.

You can also make a separate favorites list per device type if you want, or just have a single list for all devices.

w1pl0c

03 Jan 2024

the "how much have i spent on this app" thread

huggermugger

03 Jan 2024

This is brilliant and so useful!
joeyluck wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Or you could drag all of your REs into a favorites list, then share that .favo file with your friend.

All of the REs your friend has will successfully appear in that list while the others will have warning symbols ⚠️ because they are missing.

Then your friend only needs to use that list when creating a project to collaborate with you.

You can then take it a step further by having your friend delete the missing REs from the list and then share the .favo file with you...now you have a list to use when creating projects to share with your friend.

At this point, your friend shouldn't have to add anything to the list, assuming that any additions would be REs you don't have, or otherwise they would've been in your initial list. But you could have your friend add their other REs to that list, just to be sure you didn't miss any, maybe didn't have some installed, or some freebies you didn't grab.

It's a bit of work, but I like this idea best because then it gives you a better workflow rather than having to keep looking at notes. You can drag and drop from the list and you can also search within a favorites list.

You can also make a separate favorites list per device type if you want, or just have a single list for all devices.

zumBeispiel

04 Jan 2024

Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2024
Maybe this helps:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7533166&hilit=javascript
it appears to be VST only, not RE

joeyluck

05 Jan 2024

huggermugger wrote:
03 Jan 2024
This is brilliant and so useful!
joeyluck wrote:
03 Jan 2024

Glad you think so :) I wish there was a way to more easily add all of them to a list. At least with R12, you can filter by plugin type and only view REs.

You can't multi-select from the main device locations, like Instruments, but you can multi-select from search results... I'm not sure, but searching "RE", such as searching "VST", seems to sort of work? When searching "RE" I get results for many devices that don't have "re" in the device name or company name, but it's also a very incomplete list for me, even after clicking to view "More..." So I'm not sure.

Any ideas of how to include results for all REs in a search to be able to multi-select? If it's not possible, I still think it's worth dragging them over one-by-one and wouldn't take too much time and the payoff would be better than dealing with looking at notes or screenshots to try to remember what devices you can use when collaborating.

Whoopdee

04 Feb 2024

Thank you for all the ideas on how to tackle this!

• Information