BitSpeek RE vs VST

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2023

No difference between the two right?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

_andreypetr_

25 Dec 2023

Nice question, thought about it too

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2023

On their website it says:

"Q. In the Propellerhead shop it says as of Jan 2019 "The Rack Extension version of Bitspeek is more advanced than the current AU/VST counterpart. Improved volume tracking algorithm with much better transient response and consistency across source material and sample-rates. ".
Is that correct or did the latest VST version (1.5?) get the same update?

A. Sorry, that is not correct. Version 1.5 of the VST includes the same volume tracking algorithm as in the RE and also stereo input and output. The original algorithm is still available in the VST as "legacy mode".

The RE offers plenty of inputs and outputs not available on the VST. That is the only major difference now."

So I guess the answer is that the RE is actually more versatile.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

25 Dec 2023

Funny, just yesterday I was looking at bitspeak again, to see if I could use it in a track I'm working on. I think it is a bit pricey for what it does, and also if I can get close to these effects with BV-X (that I do have).

Why are you looking at it?
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

_andreypetr_

25 Dec 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote: ↑
25 Dec 2023
Funny, just yesterday I was looking at bitspeak again, to see if I could use it in a track I'm working on. I think it is a bit pricey for what it does, and also if I can get close to these effects with BV-X (that I do have).

https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/272 ... s-for-you-

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2023

25 Dec 2023

Because there's deals going on at Sonic Charge. I already have the RE. I really wish I'd bought Echobode back when it was on intro price and there was only ten REs in the Shop. I do have the VST of that though with the added Smear function so all good. Microtonic actually made me dig out the Ochen K EDS06s again :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

25 Dec 2023

Hmmm... doesn't seem to extend to RE customers. I bought Echobode a while back, at full price even, but didn't see a gift certificate in my mail.
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

_andreypetr_

25 Dec 2023

25 Dec 2023
Hmmm... doesn't seem to extend to RE customers. I bought Echobode a while back, at full price even, but didn't see a gift certificate in my mail.
It is possible that you'll get it, I got mine today

• Information