Objekt + AI (like Synplant2)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
lychee

24 Dec 2023

Objekt is a fantastic synth, but it's also difficult to master, especially if you want a very specific sound.

I was disappointed that we could not capture the frequencies coming from a sample for the modal part or the objects, in order to approximate the desired sound.

I just discovered Synplant2, and its AI part (Genopatch) would be a great addition to Objekt and make it a monster of a synthesizer.
This would allow those wanting to recreate a real instrument to considerably reduce the work, and for sound designers to start on a solid basis.

sehov

24 Dec 2023

Please no AI stuff in Reason, Reason = human music production software and not AI generating music software. If you want AI Synth, stay with Synplant2.

RS should not invest any ressources into this AI. Hope this strange AI trend is over soon....We need more remote, midi and sequencer updates, not any AI stuff. Merry christmas days to you.

joeyluck

24 Dec 2023

I would love if Reason Studios would collaborate with Sonic Charge to add a Genopatch feature for Objekt! :)

Magnus had said that the neural net used for Genopatch could be trained for any synth engine... (around 24:45)

They've already got a relationship from collaborating before. As mentioned, training the neural net would be very time consuming and I'm guessing not something that could be made available over night, but it would be very cool! Perhaps they're working on it already and it's just a matter of waiting for the neural net to be trained and the results refined 🤔
It's had to have come up, right? I think it would be odd if Reason Studios hasn't at least bounced the idea around in casual conversation.

joeyluck

24 Dec 2023

sehov wrote:
24 Dec 2023
Please no AI stuff in Reason, Reason = human music production software and not AI generating music software. If you want AI Synth, stay with Synplant2.

RS should not invest any ressources into this AI. Hope this strange AI trend is over soon....We need more remote, midi and sequencer updates, not any AI stuff. Merry christmas days to you.
This is about patch generation, not generating music. And it's not really "AI" or whatever it is you're afraid of with the term "AI". This is machine learning. Using something like Genopatch is a way to recreate and experiment to discover new sounds. Machine learning and "AI" might already be used behind the scenes in certain places to refine code and improve workflow of coding.

lychee

24 Dec 2023

sehov wrote:
24 Dec 2023

Firstly, I am not an AI guru thinking that anything and everything must go through it.
But we must also stop believing that it is absolute evil and that it will end in war against the machines in Terminator style.
AI can be a good thing in terms of making work easier.
In my case, I'm a fan of physical modeling of realistic instruments, which I find more expressive than sampling, and it was Friktion that brought me into the Reason universe.
But creating this kind of instrument requires a lot of work and therefore time, which AI could help to reduce.

Mattvank

24 Dec 2023

sehov wrote:
24 Dec 2023

Agreed!

lychee

24 Dec 2023

Mattvank wrote:
24 Dec 2023
Agreed!
You can't come and trash my thread and just say "agreed", please argue.
As much as I understand the fear of an artificial intelligence that would compose in your place, but not to help create an instrument.
I'd rather waste time composing than creating a patch.
What exactly is your fear?

DaveyG

24 Dec 2023

Ai is not a trend. AI is here, and is only going to become more prevalent.
Wishing it wasn't here is like wishing electricity had not been invented.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2023

My friend has been telling me for ages that should get Synplant. I’ve finally decided to give it a try tomorrow.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

lychee

24 Dec 2023

I understand those who like to spend time building from scratch, exploring new sounds.
But I, who have had Friktion since the beginning (3 years and more), have still not managed to finish my string ensemble patch.
I haven't yet dared to look seriously at Objekt, which is even more complex, so a tool like Genopatch or the example below for Vital would be of great help to me:

joeyluck

24 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2023
My friend has been telling me for ages that should get Synplant. I’ve finally decided to give it a try tomorrow.
Hope you enjoy it! It's the most fun I've had with a synth in a while. Every aspect of it, from its unique approach to randomization, the refreshingly different and fun GUI and growing seeds, and of course the new Genopatch, there's just nothing like it.

Also, now included is the SynplantFX plugin:
https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/272 ... ts-for-you

zoidkirb

25 Dec 2023

Objekt really has a lot of potential, but it's super hard to program.
Look at how many Objekt refills there are in the shop (hint, zero)
Some sort of ai or ai based analysing tool for generating patches might be the answer then.

eXode

25 Dec 2023

+1

Great idea. Object would pair extremely well with machine learning patch design a'la Synplant 2, in my humble opinion.

Auryn

25 Dec 2023

MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2023
is this a real, human friend you speak of? ;)
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2023

Auryn wrote:
25 Dec 2023
MrFigg wrote:
24 Dec 2023
is this a real, human friend you speak of? ;)
Hahahaha. When I was younger I had two imaginary friends but they wouldn’t let me play with them.

(Actually….what are you implying? 😂)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information