Drumsyn question - daisychaining

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

23 Dec 2023

Can someone explain to me the whole deal with daisychaining more than one instance of Drumsyn together. I can see how to do it, but I'm not sure exactly what it's supposed to achieve. When I try it, nothing in particular happens. Is the first Drumsyn supposed to affect the audio output of the second one? And if so, how do I get it to do that? If not, then what's supposed to be happening?

huggermugger

23 Dec 2023

Isn't it just basically a stacking method, a way to sum the audio of two or more units into the audio output of the final one in the chain? Like stacking two of the old Remix mixers. Then you only have one Mix Channel to deal with.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 9.58.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 9.58.47 PM.png (677.96 KiB) Viewed 2567 times

ekss
RE Developer

24 Dec 2023

huggermugger wrote:
23 Dec 2023
Isn't it just basically a stacking method, a way to sum the audio of two or more units into the audio output of the final one in the chain? Like stacking two of the old Remix mixers. Then you only have one Mix Channel to deal with.
Indeed, it's just a way to chain the audio from multiple units to one mix channel.

• Information