Tonicmint ST Imager

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Vil
RE Developer

15 Dec 2023

it has plenty of CV input and audio output... ;)

If you want to use the band outputs or mid-side outputs for further processing, ST Multi is a perfect pair of this device for merging/converting back the signal...

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /st-multi/

(and ST Multi is free until end of the year... ;) )

luckygreen

16 Dec 2023

Looks tasty ... downloading the trial ...
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

madmacman

16 Dec 2023

Decent GUI and feature rich - looks like a good tool. But this made me hesitant:
Stereoizer (makes stereo signal from mono signal by introducing small delay for a side)
Ok, this is the Haas effect, well known. But with easy accessibility - why not? But this effect has two flaws (if major or minor is up to one‘s personal preferences):
  • the side that is not delayed is predominant
  • the effect is not really mono compatible
Must undergo an intensive test before I decide to buy.

(EDIT: just for clarification, with „flaws“ I mean the Haas effect itself - *NOT* the ST Imager device)

luckygreen

16 Dec 2023

madmacman wrote:
16 Dec 2023
Decent GUI and feature rich - looks like a good tool. But this made me hesitant:
Stereoizer (makes stereo signal from mono signal by introducing small delay for a side)
Ok, this is the Haas effect, well known. But with easy accessibility - why not? But this effect has two flaws (if major or minor is up to one‘s personal preferences):
  • the side that is not delayed is predominant
  • the effect is not really mono compatible
Must undergo an intensive test before I decide to buy.

(EDIT: just for clarification, with „flaws“ I mean the Haas effect itself - *NOT* the ST Imager device)
Something like Boz Digital ProVocative would be interesting. https://www.bozdigitallabs.com/product/provocative/ Besides a small delay it shifts the frequency for a more pronounced widening effect without losing too much mono compatibility. At least that is my understanding. Sadly no RE, only VST.

I guess you could build something similar within a Combinator using ST Imager, a short DDL-1 delay and a Polar Dual Pitch Shifter.
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

madmacman

16 Dec 2023

@luckygreen: Thanks for the tip, but on VST side my go-to Widener is „Wider“ by Polyverse:

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/

I don‘t know what they are doing, but this plugin has none of the drawbacks. I just works and is mono compatible.

That‘s why I was interested in a equally good RE solution.

rgdaniel

16 Dec 2023

madmacman wrote:
16 Dec 2023
@luckygreen: Thanks for the tip, but on VST side my go-to Widener is „Wider“ by Polyverse:

https://polyversemusic.com/products/wider/
Agree. That thing is magical...

Vil
RE Developer

17 Dec 2023

"Stereoizing" is just one of the purpose of this plugin.

I designed it to be a really versatile device. A simple but versatile. I hope it is. ;)

Reminiscence

22 Dec 2023

tonicmint is the best - but what is the best way to use their software?

Vil
RE Developer

22 Dec 2023

Reminiscence wrote:
22 Dec 2023
tonicmint is the best - but what is the best way to use their software?
oh... thank you ;)

anyway, I think there is no best way to using them. Most of my stuff are multipurpose device... and they tries to not holding you back.
and sometimes users surprise me by using my plugins in ways I didn't expect. So I would also like to read/see/hear creative ideas about using ST Imager ;)

but here is one of my personal favorites..: I haven't delved too deep into the mysteries of mid-side processing yet, but with this tool I can make an interesting trip in this area... Here is an example:
STImager_STMulti.png
STImager_STMulti.png (1014.61 KiB) Viewed 8198 times
(of course, the big blue LRMS button on the ST Multi is turned on)

Reminiscence

22 Dec 2023

does the low band equal bass frequencies?

also how well does it run on mad crack lfos? :mrgreen:

Reminiscence

22 Dec 2023

Tip: always add a compressor on its output....

• Information