New RE -- PinkNoise Studio Rama Synthesizer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moneykube

21 Dec 2023

when does intro sale go away?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2023

moneykube wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2023
An hour before you decide you want to buy it. :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

21 Dec 2023

Dionisio wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2023
Hi AndrasHaasz

Love your Maia collection and they wavesequencer idea is amazing
Sorry if is not the right place for make a suggestion
but is possible add two clock cv inputs for driving the two sequencers independently with external time divisions
I think this will be great

Thank you for your time

Dionisio
Actually, you can do it :) Select CV1 - 4 as source for the Seq Rate modulation, and you can control the two Seq rate via CVs, see the pic.
Attachments
Seqratecontrol.jpg
Seqratecontrol.jpg (147.47 KiB) Viewed 3468 times
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

21 Dec 2023

21 Dec 2023
Until December 31
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

Dionisio

21 Dec 2023

AndrasHaasz wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2023
Dionisio wrote: ↑
21 Dec 2023
Hi AndrasHaasz

Love your Maia collection and they wavesequencer idea is amazing
Sorry if is not the right place for make a suggestion
but is possible add two clock cv inputs for driving the two sequencers independently with external time divisions
I think this will be great

Thank you for your time

Dionisio
Actually, you can do it :) Select CV1 - 4 as source for the Seq Rate modulation, and you can control the two Seq rate via CVs, see the pic.
Thank you AndrasHaasz

This is a amazing discover for me

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

17 Jan 2024

Rama 1.2 is coming soon...we are testing its new feature now! :)

Rama_1.2.jpg
Rama_1.2.jpg (245.93 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
Andras
----------------

moneykube

17 Jan 2024

awesome... I hope the manual comes soon... lots of features to navigate. Of course I "had" to buy it when it came out. :thumbs_up:
I did notice a bug messing with bottom left controls where sound disappeared and would not come back even when switching patches. I had to delete the rack and put it back to get sound back...I will try to recreate the bug and send you more info. Of course, perhaps the new update addresses this. I really wasn't sure what I was doing when it happened. I was trying different modes in this section.
Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 9.00.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 9.00.03 AM.png (22.7 KiB) Viewed 3157 times

Loque

17 Jan 2024

17 Jan 2024
awesome... I hope the manual comes soon... lots of features to navigate. Of course I "had" to buy it when it came out. :thumbs_up:
I did notice a bug messing with bottom left controls where sound disappeared and would not come back even when switching patches. I had to delete the rack and put it back to get sound back...I will try to recreate the bug and send you more info. Of course, perhaps the new update addresses this. I really wasn't sure what I was doing when it happened. I was trying different modes in this section. Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 9.00.03 AM.png
I had similar issues, maybe also with other synths, but also couldnt reproduce it 100%... Curious how you did it...
Reason12, Win10

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

22 Feb 2024

17 Jan 2024
awesome... I hope the manual comes soon... lots of features to navigate.
It's done! :) You can download the latest RAMA user manual from here: https://www.reasonbanks.com/re_rama.html
Andras
----------------

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

22 Feb 2024

RAMA 1.2 is available now! :)

New features:
  • user sample: on the Osc panel, when the P-800 mode is inactive, you can select among 3 user wave slots. It’s a very simple sampler, but can be refreshing and expands RAMA’s capabilities.

CV/Gate outs for the Seq/Arp on the back panel

unipolar LFO: LFOs are bipolar modulators by default. You can now set them to unipolar as well.

higher resolution for the synth mod matrix mod amount: you can set the mod amount with decimal precision (this is particularly useful for pitch modulation).

The EG panel utility (small triangle) has changed to a drop-down menu. The previous graphic β€œdragging copy” version is also available with shift or alt-click.

new patches

sample collection for the sampler
Bugfixes & improvements:
  • some patterns may have been skipped when you played in Arp mode at low velocity, fixed.

the note handling of the sustain pedal was incorrect in mono & chord mode, fixed.

some minor optimizations under the hood
Enjoy! :)
Andras
----------------

crimsonwarlock

22 Feb 2024

... and currently on sale :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

dakta

22 Feb 2024

well I was trying not to spend any money on non-essentials this side of the month, now down the pan :D

moneykube

22 Feb 2024

awesome ... thanks bro :thumbs_up: Love your work 100 percent :exclamation:

moneykube

24 Feb 2024

22 Feb 2024
17 Jan 2024
awesome... I hope the manual comes soon... lots of features to navigate.
It's done! :) You can download the latest RAMA user manual from here: https://www.reasonbanks.com/re_rama.html
forgot to say... the name for the manual is also great lol
RAMA_Pilots_Handbook.pdf

22ndCenturyStudio

04 Mar 2024

Andras never disappoints....Rama is spectacular! I discovered it today & have been enjoying the trial...such an amazing amount of analog warmth & depth for a sample-based synth!
Though I think there are a good amount of inspirational presets in Rama...well...I just wish there were more of them. I noticed that the prices of Pink Noise synths have fluctuated dramatically on Reason's website...I mean...at one point, there were a couple of synths that were free....now they are all $79...interesting.
If I hadn't gone hog-wild on Arturia's synths this month, I would have jumped on Rama in a Nano-second. I had bought Analog Lab Pro, the CS-80 and Spark 2...so I just don't have the funds for Rama this month. The older Pink Noise synths have a monthly payment plan...but Rama doesn't...what a shame.

Loque

05 Mar 2024

22ndCenturyStudio wrote: ↑
04 Mar 2024
Andras never disappoints....Rama is spectacular! I discovered it today & have been enjoying the trial...such an amazing amount of analog warmth & depth for a sample-based synth!
Though I think there are a good amount of inspirational presets in Rama...well...I just wish there were more of them. I noticed that the prices of Pink Noise synths have fluctuated dramatically on Reason's website...I mean...at one point, there were a couple of synths that were free....now they are all $79...interesting.
If I hadn't gone hog-wild on Arturia's synths this month, I would have jumped on Rama in a Nano-second. I had bought Analog Lab Pro, the CS-80 and Spark 2...so I just don't have the funds for Rama this month. The older Pink Noise synths have a monthly payment plan...but Rama doesn't...what a shame.
I can't remember any free synth. Can you name it?

If you like it, buy it. If it is too expensive, hope for a sale.

Regarding rent to own, I am not sure if the dev needs to enable this. You could ask the dev if his device is the only one not available for rent to own. Maybe it is not offered, because you are still demoing? Not sure...
Reason12, Win10

22ndCenturyStudio

05 Mar 2024

Loque wrote: ↑
05 Mar 2024
04 Mar 2024

Regarding rent to own, I am not sure if the dev needs to enable this. You could ask the dev if his device is the only one not available for rent to own. Maybe it is not offered, because you are still demoing? Not sure...
If I remember correctly, it was Maia Orange & Matrix synths(perhaps this was just a temporary promotion to boost interest in Pink Noise products.)
In my initial post, I explained why I can't buy Rama this month(due to everything I purchased from Arturia.) That said...just because I like it, doesn't mean I can afford it, currently.
If I choose to pay full price, it won't be until next month. Since I missed the last couple of sales events over the last few months...more than likely, I'll just buy it next month.
Rama is a very high quality synth...but in the $80 price range, other software companies tend to have more presets( for example I could spend $79 on Synthmaster & get 1,250 presets.)
However though...I am not crazy about KV331's interface layout and the factory presets of Synthmaster aren't as inspiring as Rama. KV331 has a Synthmaster 3 in development though....so that should be interesting...

Loque

05 Mar 2024

05 Mar 2024
05 Mar 2024

If I remember correctly, it was Maia Orange & Matrix synths(perhaps this was just a temporary promotion to boost interest in Pink Noise products.)
In my initial post, I explained why I can't buy Rama this month(due to everything I purchased from Arturia.) That said...just because I like it, doesn't mean I can afford it, currently.
If I choose to pay full price, it won't be until next month. Since I missed the last couple of sales events over the last few months...more than likely, I'll just buy it next month.
Rama is a very high quality synth...but in the $80 price range, other software companies tend to have more presets( for example I could spend $79 on Synthmaster & get 1,250 presets.)
However though...I am not crazy about KV331's interface layout and the factory presets of Synthmaster aren't as inspiring as Rama. KV331 has a Synthmaster 3 in development though....so that should be interesting...
Synthmaster 3 is a running gag. I is very unlikely it will ever be released πŸ˜‚
I have the Player version. Lots of patches, true.
Reason12, Win10

22ndCenturyStudio

05 Mar 2024

05 Mar 2024
05 Mar 2024

Synthmaster 3 is a running gag. I is very unlikely it will ever be released πŸ˜‚
I have the Player version. Lots of patches, true.
Actually...KV331 is taking preorders for SM 3 and they hope to launch it by April.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

08 Mar 2024

05 Mar 2024

In my initial post, I explained why I can't buy Rama this month(due to everything I purchased from Arturia.)
You're probably misremembering, I'm sure none of our products in the RS shop have ever been temporarily free.
We released some of our commercial products as a free ones, but these are permanently available for free: https://www.reasonbanks.com/refills_free.html
Andras
----------------

_andreypetr_

08 Mar 2024

I believe it was a free update that was stated as free.

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

13 Mar 2024

RAMA is now available as an RTO.
Andras
----------------

22ndCenturyStudio

13 Mar 2024

13 Mar 2024
RAMA is now available as an RTO.
What is an RTO?

crimsonwarlock

13 Mar 2024

13 Mar 2024
What is an RTO?
Rent To Own.
-------
Analog tape β‡’ ESQ1 sequencer board β‡’ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 β‡’ Atari/Cubase β‡’ Cakewalk Sonar β‡’ Orion Pro/Platinum β‡’ Reaper β‡’ Reason DAW.

22ndCenturyStudio

13 Mar 2024

:thumbs_up:
crimsonwarlock wrote: ↑
13 Mar 2024
13 Mar 2024
What is an RTO?
Rent To Own.
:thumbs_up: :clap:

• Information