Any way to kill the background hum on Jiggery Pokery Space Organ X-705?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
utdgrant

28 Nov 2023

I've been looking for an Elka Rhapsody 610 emulation for years (no, DECADES). I'm an obsessive stringer fan, and love what Tangerine Dream did with the 610 in the 1970s, so I snapped up this great RRE in the Black Friday sale.

I was wondering if there was a way to kill the background hum (~150 Hz) in the string sounds? I imagine that it's baked-in to the samples recorded from the original instrument, in which case I can live with the 'authentic' approach. However, it would be nice if there was the option of a kill switch, too.
Grant Middleton (records as "Under the Dome")

:reason: 12, Windows 10, 64-bit

Personal Website

YouTube channel

Rising Night Wave

28 Nov 2023

i am not sure if this will help, but you can try with iZotope's RX 10 De-hum VST plug-in.

here is the link to official web site: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/ ... e-hum.html
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

utdgrant

30 Nov 2023

I've noticed that the GForce Virtual String Machine plug-in has exactly the same issue when you load in the Elka Rhapsody 490 sounds.

I suspect that either:

1. The original machine(s) had this issue because of the circuitry design.
2. Both GForce VSM and JPS Space Organ used the same sample set from one specific (faulty?) instrument which exhibited this issue.

I can suppress the low end using EQ, HPF or a notch from a two-stage phaser. This is fine for high pitched notes, but does change the tonal character of low notes. I guess I can live with it.
Grant Middleton (records as "Under the Dome")

:reason: 12, Windows 10, 64-bit

Personal Website

YouTube channel

dakta

30 Nov 2023

I didn't know this existed until this thread, now I want my black sale back :o

• Information