What are your plans RE-wise for Black Friday?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
luckygreen

21 Nov 2023

Now it really gets weird. Wanted to contect support but the website won't let me. :shock:

I log into my RS account > go to support > read about shop issues > additional customs tax blabla > click on
RS_support.png
RS_support.png (6.95 KiB) Viewed 70783 times
("Contact Support" links to https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

.. aaaaand ..

I'm logged out again!
RS_what_is_going_on.png
RS_what_is_going_on.png (51.38 KiB) Viewed 70783 times
What is going on? I tried two different webbrowsers (firefox and chrome), agreed to all cookies and what not .. nope, I turn in circles: I click "contact support" > logs me out > logging in again > click on "contact support" > nope, logs me out again > could do that for ages, if really wanted to. :D

Is there another way to contact support? info-at-reasonstudios.com or something?

(the last time I wanted to ask support I had that same issue but my thought was that they had some temporary challenge to overcome with their website. But now it seems it is by design.)
Loque wrote:
21 Nov 2023
luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Taxes.
Yeah, that's my guess too. Still I would really like to get the sweet USD prices. :D
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

luckygreen

21 Nov 2023

Neo wrote:
21 Nov 2023
wie scheiße luckygreen..
Du sprichst mir aus der Seele, Bruder. :D
Neo wrote:
21 Nov 2023
I could be mistaken though I'm sure once upon a time could pay in AUD.
-
RE wise: Trialing BV-X Multimode Vocoder..
VST wise: considering V Collection 9 (so many mixed reviews!)
I agree, BV-X seems nice but to me it would be just another toy to tinker with. And for merely beeing a toy that I don't really need, the RS prices are still pretty substantial, even at (kind of) 50% off.
antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Reason's shop sets the currency - and subsequently, the amounts - according to your county of residence.

Make of that what you will ;)
I see. So hypothetical if I would use a VPN service to connect to their website from, say, North America, then ... Worth a try I guess.
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Neo

21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Neo wrote:
21 Nov 2023
wie scheiße luckygreen..
Du sprichst mir aus der Seele, Bruder. :D
Neo wrote:
21 Nov 2023
I could be mistaken though I'm sure once upon a time could pay in AUD.
-
RE wise: Trialing BV-X Multimode Vocoder..
VST wise: considering V Collection 9 (so many mixed reviews!)
I agree, BV-X seems nice but to me it would be just another toy to tinker with. And for merely beeing a toy that I don't really need, the RS prices are still pretty substantial, even at (kind of) 50% off.
antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Reason's shop sets the currency - and subsequently, the amounts - according to your county of residence.

Make of that what you will ;)
I see. So hypothetical if I would use a VPN service to connect to their website from, say, North America, then ... Worth a try I guess.
^lol..
Ja.. Agreed.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

antic604

21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Hypothetically, it's enough to change your address - in your account profile - to somewhere in North America.

No idea how legal it is, though.

Probably not at all.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Loque

21 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2023
luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Hypothetically, it's enough to change your address - in your account profile - to somewhere in North America.

Probably not at all.
It is legal as long as you pay the taxes in your country.
Reason12, Win10

eusti

21 Nov 2023

eusti wrote:
12 Nov 2023
RE: Selig‘s Infuser if it goes on sale.
VST: Vocalign, not sure which version yet though.
@Selig Are you going to join the sale? Infuser is the only RE of yours I don’t have yet. 😉

luckygreen

21 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2023
luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023

Probably not at all.
I see. Easy. Then again: I won't do that. Too many a-holes in this world already. I hope I'm not one of them. I enjoy Black Friday prices while sticking to the rules.

moalla

21 Nov 2023

I'm fighting hard with myself right now, would I buy or buy not J. Griffins S73 Electric Piano…..
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

luckygreen

21 Nov 2023

moalla wrote:
21 Nov 2023
I'm fighting hard with myself right now, would I buy or buy not J. Griffins S73 Electric Piano…..
Looks sexy. I like aesthetically pleasing user interfaces. If I was into electric pianos and this one sounds as good as it looks, it'd be an easy buy for me. Have you demoed it? Then again, Objekt has some E-Piano presets. Though none of them I find particularly real / good sounding. (That's not to say Objekt sounds bad by any means. Onjekt has some amazing bass and percussive instruments presets.)

Maybe I will take a look at S73 Electric Piano too.

Ottostrom

21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
moalla wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Looks sexy. I like aesthetically pleasing user interfaces. If I was into electric pianos and this one sounds as good as it looks, it'd be an easy buy for me. Have you demoed it? Then again, Objekt has some E-Piano presets. Though none of them I find particularly real / good sounding. (That's not to say Objekt sounds bad by any means. Onjekt has some amazing bass and percussive instruments presets.)

Maybe I will take a look at S73 Electric Piano too.
As someone who is very much into electric pianos I can tell you that the S73 and the Objekt presets are not comparable.
The S73 sounds fantastic and is really easy to work with! Heaps better than Radical Keys as well.

joeyluck

21 Nov 2023

In my opinion, S73 is the best sampled Rhodes out there. Maybe better than Rhodes' own offering? 👀
It just sounds incredible and feels so real. The regular price is a steal, the sale price is no-brainer.

There are many REs that make me wish that there was an empty, free version of the RRP, because I know that non-Reason users would buy them up. S73 is near the top of that list. I've told so many people about it. It's one of those REs that does what it does better than so many of the offerings outside of Reason. So as someone who is already a Reason user, I say take advantage of the opportunity :)

luckygreen

21 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2023
In my opinion, S73 is the best sampled Rhodes out there. Maybe better than Rhodes' own offering? 👀
It just sounds incredible and feels so real. The regular price is a steal, the sale price is no-brainer.

There are many REs that make me wish that there was an empty, free version of the RRP, because I know that non-Reason users would buy them up. S73 is near the top of that list. I've told so many people about it. It's one of those REs that does what it does better than so many of the offerings outside of Reason. So as someone who is already a Reason user, I say take advantage of the opportunity :)
Fine. I put S73 on my list. That list is growing bigger and bigger. Only three RE I actually bought so far: Expanse, Zero and VK-2 by Blamsoft. Extremely nice sounding devices combined with an extremely low price. (thanks for the heads-up @joeyluck :clap: )

I just dicovered that it's not easy to use Rob Papen RoCoder VST (Vocoder Plugin) in Reason. I don't know how to route MIDI to an effect VST-plugin in Reason. Is that even possible? Maybe via Blue Cat Audio Patchwork. What better reason to spend money on BV-X? :D Na, it sounds really good too. I just demoed it and it is lovely. Really expensive still with 50% off but lovely nonetheless.

Update on the contacting support-issue
I wrote to help-at-reasonstudios.com and a nice guy replied to me that something was fixed on their side. Don't know what they have done but now I'm able to use thier website to contact support. Strange. Well, it's working now.

kitekrazy

21 Nov 2023

DaveyG wrote:
12 Nov 2023
Definitely no REs and probably no software at all. However, It's been a while since I've bought yet another guitar that I don't need so...
That lasted about 5 minutes for me. It was to be a NO on REs since my list in the Reason with VSTs gets overwhelming. Then I made the mistake of coming here and seeing the Blamsoft synths for $9.
I collect DAWs like plugins so via Sweetwater I got Studio 1 and Cubase that only costs $6 a month with their card. I'll also fall for that Live Suite upgrade.

moalla

22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2023

I could not resist to buy this S73 instrument, it sounds so big and full, amazing and the build in effects are as well really great. It works well with my light weighted Nocturn 49 Fatar keys and aftertouch, but the only next step in this game could be a more weighted keyboard or a Korg SV2 e-Piano directly to get this Herbie Hancock feel ahhhrrrrr I‘m impressed and frustrated of my light key touch at the same time, can’t someone give me a SV2 as present???
Last edited by moalla on 22 Nov 2023, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

antic604

22 Nov 2023

I think finally I'll end up with just three items:
* 3Plex
* Imitor (or whatever that delay device from Noise Engineering is called)
* JPS Harmonic Synthesizer (I love the LOOK of this one, & sound obviously)
Music tech enthusiast.

parma

22 Nov 2023

Since Reason Studios bah-humbugged my plans for Objekt, I instead bought the Noise Engineering Bundle 2 to complete my NE collection. Their stuff is really fun and underrated.

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2023

Emian wrote:
17 Nov 2023
antic604 wrote:
17 Nov 2023

What exactly doesn't work? I've A4 Mk1 (and OT Mk1) and never tried Overbridge, but I assumed it should work just fine.
trying to multitrack record trough Overbridge gives massive stutters in Reason.
(see this:

I never bother with overbridge vst due to latency regardless of daw. Overbridge standalone, however, is my jam. 👍

PhillipOrdonez

22 Nov 2023

I might get the Blamsoft synths. The price is tempting. 😱

Rising Night Wave

22 Nov 2023

i tried then a bit CyberSub RE that i bought yesterday for 10 euros.
damn f**k it is awesome!
s**t. it rocks. really.

i am all satisfied. :P

it is really worh 60€... but for 10€... thanks guys at SKROCK! you rock!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

antic604

22 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
I think finally I'll end up with just three items:
* 3Plex
* Imitor (or whatever that delay device from Noise Engineering is called)
* JPS Harmonic Synthesizer (I love the LOOK of this one, & sound obviously)
After further consultations with YT - because I stupidly squandered my trials - I've settled for:
* Imitor - a crazy, CRAZY delay from NE, and
* Desmodus - likewise, but a reverb from NE as well

I thought 3Plex is multi-band, but luckily realized that it's not the case early enough. JPS looks awesome, but considering the type of music that I "make" it would sound out of place and I'd quickly stop using it :(

--------------------------

Any other creative FX ideas I should try? Something along the lines of Synchronus, Distillery, Ouroboros, Industrializer, FilterChain, Fritz, Beatchop, Glitch Effect, Polar, Echobode, etc.
Music tech enthusiast.

luckygreen

22 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
... JPS looks awesome, but considering the type of music that I "make" it would sound out of place and I'd quickly stop using it :(
I tried JPS after I saw you mentioning it. I was skeptical at first, found it to sound a little unspectacular, even deleted it from my wishlist. But after putting it into a little tune I realized it's strenghts lies in little weird "digitally sounding" accompanying sounds. So I'd say it's a keeper for me. At least it is back an my list :D

Any suggestion for a nice characterful compressor RE, something along the lines of an API 2500 or Distressor?

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
22 Nov 2023
I might get the Blamsoft synths. The price is tempting. 😱
Buy now 😉

In all seriousness I do wonder if this is blamsoft last generous gift before they dissappear. Here rs users thanks for the support and grab our stuff at insane prices.

Hope I am wrong on this

crimsonwarlock

22 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Any suggestion for a nice characterful compressor RE, something along the lines of an API 2500 or Distressor?
I think the most "characterfull" compressor is C1-L1 by Red Rock. I just picked it up myself thiis week.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

joeyluck

22 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Any other creative FX ideas I should try?
Have you tried Speo's Strive?

I think it's very cool and fun. It's definitely creative. I don't think there's anything else quite like it. And it's on sale for $9.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ve-filter/

antic604

22 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2023
antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Any other creative FX ideas I should try?
Have you tried Speo's Strive?

I think it's very cool and fun. It's definitely creative. I don't think there's anything else quite like it. And it's on sale for $9.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ve-filter/
No, I've not. A GUI with shoelaces wrapped around a knob, surrounded by 2 "speakers" doesn't convince me one bit to try it. People have really weird tastes :(

I hoped Parafilter III would be discounted, but no....

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equencer2/
Music tech enthusiast.

• Information