What are your plans RE-wise for Black Friday?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

22 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Any other creative FX ideas I should try? Something along the lines of Synchronus, Distillery, Ouroboros, Industrializer, FilterChain, Fritz, Beatchop, Glitch Effect, Polar, Echobode, etc.
Do you have Fritz? That one’s a no brainer for creative FX. It does everything from woolly granular clouds to beat-synced modulation, can be (stereo) CV modded up the wazoo AND has a randomize button

Desmodus from Noise Engineering is a wild reverb, also the AK11 “vintage” reverb from Ekssperimental Sounds can get pretty bent

And over the last little while I’ve been experimenting with vocoders, which can get fantastic out-of-the-box results. Ekss Sounds have a nice one, and the Reason vocoder RE (BVX?) is amazing

luckygreen

23 Nov 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Nov 2023
antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Any other creative FX ideas I should try? Something along the lines of Synchronus, Distillery, Ouroboros, Industrializer, FilterChain, Fritz, Beatchop, Glitch Effect, Polar, Echobode, etc.
And over the last little while I’ve been experimenting with vocoders, which can get fantastic out-of-the-box results. Ekss Sounds have a nice one, and the Reason vocoder RE (BVX?) is amazing
Yes, BV-X is amazing!

Yesterday I figured out how to use a VST vocoder plugin inside of Reason (namely my Rob Papen RoCoder). You have to use a combinator to route MIDI into an effect plugin. Didn't know that before.

So I'm torn: now that I know how to operate my VST vocoder inside of Reason and although BV-X does sound sweet, it isn't exactly cheap even on sale ... however, do I get it :question:
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

_andreypetr_

23 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
23 Nov 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Nov 2023

Yes, BV-X is amazing!

Yesterday I figured out how to use a VST vocoder plugin inside of Reason (namely my Rob Papen RoCoder). You have to use a combinator to route MIDI into an effect plugin. Didn't know that before.

So I'm torn: now that I know how to operate my VST vocoder inside of Reason and although BV-X does sound sweet, it isn't exactly cheap even on sale ... however, do I get it :question:
I don't usually use a vocoders but BV-X is my go to effect (not as usual vocoder actually)
I often use BX-X "auto" noise feature that could cover normal voice into whisper. Try it, it's fun :)

antic604

23 Nov 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Nov 2023
antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
Do you have Fritz? That one’s a no brainer for creative FX. It does everything from woolly granular clouds to beat-synced modulation, can be (stereo) CV modded up the wazoo AND has a randomize button

Desmodus from Noise Engineering is a wild reverb, also the AK11 “vintage” reverb from Ekssperimental Sounds can get pretty bent

Yes, I've Fritz (it's in the part you quoted from me :) )

Desmodus is on my to-get list, along with Imitor which is equally bonkers. The only tiny drawback is I'd then have all NE devices and I can't for the life of me tell them apart, either by the names nor the GUI :D

BV-X I really like "intellectually", but I'm afraid whatever I run through it will have that distinct vocoder sound and that's not what is need at all in my music (trance, techno, etc.). I've to check some videos to make my mind about it.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

dvdrtldg

23 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
23 Nov 2023
BV-X I really like "intellectually", but I'm afraid whatever I run through it will have that distinct vocoder sound and that's not what is need at all in my music (trance, techno, etc.). I've to check some videos to make my mind about it.
I use it a lot on on percussion & hi hats, the "vocoder sound" is really just a function of what you're using as carrier/modulator and it's easy to get results from BV-X that don't sound anything like a vocoder, especially if you start applying things like ring modulation or other FX

I don't normally like vocoders (as they're traditionally used) so it took me a while to start checking them out, but now I'm putting them on everything

Quarmat
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
23 Nov 2023
I make large use of vocoders. I do not own Rob Papen's though, so i cannot compare it to BV•X. What I can say is that BV•X has enormous potential and flexibility. It can sound retro, it can sound modern, you can go full wet and have probably the best vocoder experience at the moment or you can blend it with dry vocals and give subtle but substantial coolness to you vocals. The mod matrix in it allows you to craft a vocoder response like no other, so even if you are a "preset guy" you can tweak it to pefectly suit your vocal track - like, you can affect vowels and non pitched sounds differently and this is a game changer in vocoders (before BV•X I had to painstakingly work in the sequencer with dry and vocoded signal to have the consonants to be heard) and the noise mixer can futher enhance this. Best vocoder out there imho.

joeyluck

24 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
22 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2023

Have you tried Speo's Strive?

I think it's very cool and fun. It's definitely creative. I don't think there's anything else quite like it. And it's on sale for $9.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ve-filter/
No, I've not. A GUI with shoelaces wrapped around a knob, surrounded by 2 "speakers" doesn't convince me one bit to try it. People have really weird tastes :(

I hoped Parafilter III would be discounted, but no....

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... equencer2/
I like the GUI! I'm a fan of everything Speo does, including Parafilter, which Speo helped develop as well.

I think Strive sounds amazing and it's quite unique. It's definitely worth trialing before you dismiss it.

antic604

24 Nov 2023

joeyluck wrote:
24 Nov 2023
I like the GUI! I'm a fan of everything Speo does, including Parafilter, which Speo helped develop as well.

I think Strive sounds amazing and it's quite unique. It's definitely worth trialing before you dismiss it.
Thanks, I appreciate your opinion & advice.
But I decided not to get any REs this BF.
I've uninstalled Reason and will see where I'm at when 13 comes out.
It's best to cut my losses if it turns out there's no 13 anymore or that it goes into the direction, I fear it does.

:wave:
Music tech enthusiast.

Loque

25 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
24 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
24 Nov 2023

It's best to cut my losses if it turns out there's no 13 anymore or that it goes into the direction, I fear it does.

I don't think there will be a R13 for you.
Reason12, Win10

ab459

25 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
24 Nov 2023
joeyluck wrote:
24 Nov 2023

Wt ? What is it about ? Can someone explain pls.
Why R13 may not happen ?
(I almost made the purchase but this post gave me pause lol)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Nov 2023

ab459 wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Why R13 may not happen ?
There is no evidence to suggest that it won't happen.

The comment is a reference to the belief that RS will try and force all users on to subscription. There is no evidence to suggest this will happen.

DaveyG

25 Nov 2023

I'm sure there will be another version of Reason. I wonder if they will skip unlucky 13 though. Are Swedish people superstitious?

ab459

25 Nov 2023

Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2023
ab459 wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Why R13 may not happen ?

The comment is a reference to the belief that RS will try and force all users on to subscription. There is no evidence to suggest this will happen.
Thanks for reply, ok i see, but why antic604 did reply it exactly now ? Although a few post above he was ready to grab REs.
What were changed in this day ? Any rumors or post from dev ? I did not see such.
(I'm against subscribtion in any case, too)
DaveyG wrote:
25 Nov 2023
I'm sure there will be another version of Reason. I wonder if they will skip unlucky 13 though. Are Swedish people superstitious?
Problem in that that "subscription only" will equal to lack of not only new version, but the loss of the platform at all.
But again, I really hope these are unfounded rumors.
Last edited by ab459 on 25 Nov 2023, edited 1 time in total.

DaveyG

25 Nov 2023

ab459 wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2023

Thanks for reply, ok i see, but why antic604 did reply it exactly now ? Although a few post above he was ready to grab REs.
What were changed in this day ? Any rumors or post from dev ? I did not see such.
DaveyG wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Problem in that that "subscription only" will equal to lack of not only new version, but platform at all.
They are not going subscription only. Why would they?

ab459

25 Nov 2023

DaveyG wrote:
25 Nov 2023
ab459 wrote:
25 Nov 2023

Problem in that that "subscription only" will equal to lack of not only new version, but platform at all.
They are not going subscription only. Why would they?
I don't know why either. This is just my reaction to the few posts above. IE I have the same question lol.

antic604

25 Nov 2023

Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2023
ab459 wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Why R13 may not happen ?

No, it's not. I wouldn't mind subscription if I saw serious DAW development. Myself, I'm afraid that there will be no DAW development at all (or very little) and it will slowly be phased out in favour of Rack Plugin and new devices.
Music tech enthusiast.

ab459

25 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2023

No, it's not. I wouldn't mind subscription if I saw serious DAW development. Myself, I'm afraid that there will be no DAW development at all (or very little) and it will slowly be phased out in favour of Rack Plugin and new devices.
Ok, but why such a sudden change in mood? I just thought something must have preceded this?

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
25 Nov 2023
Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2023

Apologies for the slight confusion, my mistake.

Most importantly, though, there is still no evidence to suggest that this will be what happens.

Steedus
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2023

The whole “there might not be a version 13” thing stems from a misconception/out of context comment Mattias (I think) made, when someone was asking about something for a future version, and because he was literally doing promotion for version 12 at the time he said “we don’t know if they will be a version 13, we haven’t announced anything yet”. In other words, “I’m not here to talk about potential features for a potential version 13, because we’ve literally just shipped version 12”..

antic604

25 Nov 2023

Steedus wrote:
25 Nov 2023
The whole “there might not be a version 13” thing stems from a misconception/out of context comment Mattias (I think) made, when someone was asking about something for a future version, and because he was literally doing promotion for version 12 at the time he said “we don’t know if they will be a version 13, we haven’t announced anything yet”. In other words, “I’m not here to talk about potential features for a potential version 13, because we’ve literally just shipped version 12”...
He really should've known better. And that was 2 years in after v12 was released. People forget that the early 12 were such a shit show that majority have not upgraded, so in general consciousness in released much later than it actually did :)

Saying things to the effect of "we've no plans for 13" is simply clueless when big part of the user community is worried about where Reason is heading.
Music tech enthusiast.

ambi

25 Nov 2023

What he meant was that they had no concrete plans for a new version as the were still busy making Reason 12 a better product.
At least that's how I understood it.
And at this year's Superbooth he and Ryan asked two German guys which improvements they would like to see in Reasons sequencer.
https://youtu.be/srhYrsJMxmA?si=dd7el4hJDQl9hNur
So there is still hope. ;)

PGR

25 Nov 2023

This is similar to kremlinology – trying to guess in an intelligent manner what actually happening at the apex of the Reason Studios.

joeyluck

25 Nov 2023

Back on topic please. And if you're someone who doesn't plan to buy any REs from the shop during this sale, then move on :)

dusan.cani

25 Nov 2023

don't miss also antidote, which has a huge sale also:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -antidote/

ab459

25 Nov 2023

Ok, don't care about.
Did grab Delta, Pearls, Hyperwave (and few things that not at sale like Polymodular System I and Frame CV Generator).
And collected 50 rew.coins, so im unsure already if i not grab Object too. Damn need :think:

EDIT: btw Pearls pleased with Play button' combicontrollable, thanks to Tonicmint cool.

• Information