What are your plans RE-wise for Black Friday?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

17 Nov 2023

Emian wrote:
17 Nov 2023
...I want to start recording jams, which should be a breeze with Elektron's Overbridge. Unfortunatelly thta doesn't work properly in Reason...
What exactly doesn't work? I've A4 Mk1 (and OT Mk1) and never tried Overbridge, but I assumed it should work just fine.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Emian

17 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
17 Nov 2023
Emian wrote:
17 Nov 2023
...I want to start recording jams, which should be a breeze with Elektron's Overbridge. Unfortunatelly thta doesn't work properly in Reason...
What exactly doesn't work? I've A4 Mk1 (and OT Mk1) and never tried Overbridge, but I assumed it should work just fine.
trying to multitrack record trough Overbridge gives massive stutters in Reason.
(see this:

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

I don’t think I actually have any.
I bought Arturia V9 and Klevgrand STARK already.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ambi

17 Nov 2023

MrFigg wrote:
17 Nov 2023
I also thought about buying V9 and so I decided to first trial some of the synths. I downloaded the CS-80 and was so shocked how unauthentic it sounded that I instantly removed it from my harddrive. Its a shame really because the GUI's look great in comparison to most other companies that recreate these synths.

moalla

17 Nov 2023

I‘m interested in the Soundtoys complete upgrade, but this would be a thing for next year, so TDR’s SlickEQ M for 10bugs is my last purchase this year
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

ambi wrote:
17 Nov 2023
MrFigg wrote:
17 Nov 2023
I also thought about buying V9 and so I decided to first trial some of the synths. I downloaded the CS-80 and was so shocked how unauthentic it sounded that I instantly removed it from my harddrive. Its a shame really because the GUI's look great in comparison to most other companies that recreate these synths.
How authentic do you want it to sound? I think Plugin Boutique have their own one which loads the original sys banks.
I got V9 for €99 and I'm damn happy with it. The Vox Continental itself is worth that.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Emian

17 Nov 2023

moalla wrote:
17 Nov 2023
I‘m interested in the Soundtoys complete upgrade, but this would be a thing for next year, so TDR’s SlickEQ M for 10bugs is my last purchase this year
Soundtoys is so worth it!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

ab459

17 Nov 2023

MrFigg wrote:
17 Nov 2023
ambi wrote:
17 Nov 2023

How authentic do you want it to sound? I think Plugin Boutique have their own one which loads the original sys banks.
I got V9 for €99 and I'm damn happy with it. The Vox Continental itself is worth that.
Me think about upg to v9 too, but still unsure (from v7).
With all regards to Arturia, imo their better times is ARP2600, Moog Modular, ProphetV, CS80 ok too.
Although, I liked how sounds updated JupiterV (judging by video examples).
Well, and Synclavier from relatively new stuff, surprisingly good.
(Not talking about Pigments - love it, but talk only about incl in V collection).
So, regardless of the sound (it's pretty ok), but given the complexity of device instead (ie like effort spent on coding the plugin), although im not a programmer, but it seems to me the curve has gone down. That reflect not only in template-style boring interface unification, but also in wild cpu eating.
E.Pianos and Organs it's ok, but it seems to me that dudes have simply become more lazy unfortunately and pursue quantity rather than quality. (i mean complexity as ARP\MoogModular level).
(BTW SQ80 came out completely boring, in my opinion. Siegfried Kuhlmann's vst beta was more interesting, including by sound, and with zero cpu usage).

Steedus
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2023

Looks like it's live. No Objekt discount for those who wanted it.

dmitrijsorokin

20 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
12 Nov 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
12 Nov 2023
I do not need anything.
This isn't about "needing" anything ;) :D
This is true, but partially. Today I picked up VK2 + Expanse. But I didn't buy it. Both for a $25 coupon. Blamsoft's incredible generosity.

antic604

20 Nov 2023

Steedus wrote:
19 Nov 2023
Looks like it's live. No Objekt discount for those who wanted it.
I'm very disappointed :(
Music tech enthusiast.

Adabler
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2023

While not really a plan, I ended up buying ReSpire, VK 1 and 2, morningstar and 7R-909. Really excited to get home and check them out properly.
:reason: 12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2023

Nope. Nothing this year.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

antic604

20 Nov 2023

Adabler wrote:
20 Nov 2023
While not really a plan, I ended up buying ReSpire, VK 1 and 2, morningstar and 7R-909. Really excited to get home and check them out properly.
You know Spire VST is now $99? I hear the RE doesn't have all the latest features, has bugs and pretty bad workflow, because of RE GUI constraints.
Music tech enthusiast.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2023

For me ReSpire performs better in R12.7 than ever before although what antic604 says is right, unfortunately. Not sure if you can grab a crossgrade over to VST as I cannot find anything about that in their 'knowledge base' Q & A page. Perhaps, you have to get in touch!?
If you remain with ReSpire and purchase any sounds from Reveal Sounds website aka .spf n' .sbf files then this converter to RE patches is of most importance :
https://www.reveal-sound.com/sounds-convert.html

Adabler
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2023

antic604 wrote:
20 Nov 2023
Adabler wrote:
20 Nov 2023
You know Spire VST is now $99? I hear the RE doesn't have all the latest features, has bugs and pretty bad workflow, because of RE GUI constraints.
It's okay, I'd rather have the RE. Also, with the combinator it's features, like main volume, can be controlled easily.
:reason: 12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2023

Arpeg wrote:
20 Nov 2023
For me ReSpire performs better in R12.7 than ever before although what antic604 says is right, unfortunately. Not sure if you can grab a crossgrade over to VST as I cannot find anything about that in their 'knowledge base' Q & A page. Perhaps, you have to get in touch!?
If you remain with ReSpire and purchase any sounds from Reveal Sounds website aka .spf n' .sbf files then this converter to RE patches is of most importance :
https://www.reveal-sound.com/sounds-convert.html
They do not do a free crossgrade like synapse but did give me money off as i owned the re and bought the vst. I just asked in support and think they sent me a link or a code (can't 100% recall which)

Spoiler alert: it was still expensive with the money off.

ChulaCoola

20 Nov 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
12 Nov 2023
Very interested in picking up a few more Ekssperimental Sounds REs if they go on sale again. Amalgam, SineSynth, maybe TE Tape Echo as well. I'm trialling that one at the moment and can't believe how nice it sounds, even among the six billion delay plugins I already own it really stands out

That's about it for REs, although I have a second-tier wish list for stuff that I don't really need but would grab if it went on crazy bargain sale. Obsession for example, or Luna, or one of the Umpf drum REs

Over in VST land I'd like to pick up Portatron, and Dials or Noises by Audio Thing
Yeah, Luna is on sale.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

ChulaCoola

20 Nov 2023

I just bought Viking 1, 2, Zero Hybrid for $9 a piece, Antidote for $49; PX-1 for ... I forget, pretty cheap though. I also grabbed Luna; I had to, I have the Maia trilogy.

Skrock has a nice 8-10 synth bundle for $35.
ekssperi.... however that is spelled, has a 3 synth bundle - ES01, ES101, ES400 on sale. I might grab that one later.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

dvdrtldg

21 Nov 2023

Grabbed Amalgam, SineSynth, DrumSyn, SYNR and ES400. Very happy, but the exchange rates are a killer - that lot set me back $209 US dollars, which is fucking $320 in Australian rupees

I'd like to pick up ES101 as well, but it can wait until the next sale

Neo

21 Nov 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
Grabbed Amalgam, SineSynth, DrumSyn, SYNR and ES400. Very happy, but the exchange rates are a killer - that lot set me back $209 US dollars, which is fucking $320 in Australian rupees

I'd like to pick up ES101 as well, but it can wait until the next sale
AUD Rupees alright lol. Yeah, its a bit like that.. and the rest.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... otley-crue
SS.jpg
SS.jpg (125.54 KiB) Viewed 136781 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

luckygreen

21 Nov 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
... but the exchange rates are a killer - that lot set me back $209 US dollars, which is fucking $320 in Australian rupees ...
For some reason here in Germany everything in the Reason Shop is much more expensive in euro than the prices I have seen in US dollar.

Example:
- Skrock Instrument Bundle -- in Germany it is EUR 43,00 which is about USD 47,00
BUT if you directly pay in USD, it is only USD 35,00 (!!!)

You're paying considerable more in EUR than in USD although Reason Studios is a european company. Why is that?

Is there a way to pay in USD and get much better prices even when buying from Germany?
Reason 12 perpetual | Ableton Live 11 Suite
Lectric Panda Kompulsion, Nostromo, mDSQ, Shape | PinkNoise Maia Bundle | Reason Studios Objekt | Rob Papen Go2 | UJAM some RE | Synapse Audio AF-4, RE-160, Obsession | Andrew Russell Double Dry/Wet | Murf Valley Plateau

Loque

21 Nov 2023

luckygreen wrote:
21 Nov 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
21 Nov 2023
... but the exchange rates are a killer - that lot set me back $209 US dollars, which is fucking $320 in Australian rupees ...
For some reason here in Germany everything in the Reason Shop is much more expensive in euro than the prices I have seen in US dollar.

Example:
- Skrock Instrument Bundle -- in Germany it is EUR 43,00 which is about USD 47,00
BUT if you directly pay in USD, it is only USD 35,00 (!!!)

You're paying considerable more in EUR than in USD although Reason Studios is a european company. Why is that?

Is there a way to pay in USD and get much better prices even when buying from Germany?
Taxes.
Reason12, Win10

Neo

21 Nov 2023

wie scheiße luckygreen..
I could be mistaken though I'm sure once upon a time could pay in AUD.
-
RE wise: Trialing BV-X Multimode Vocoder..
VST wise: considering V Collection 9 (so many mixed reviews!)
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

antic604

21 Nov 2023

Neo wrote:
21 Nov 2023
wie scheiße luckygreen..
I could be mistaken though I'm sure once upon a time could pay in AUD.
-
RE wise: Trialing BV-X Multimode Vocoder..
VST wise: considering V Collection 9 (so many mixed reviews!)
Reason's shop sets the currency - and subsequently, the amounts - according to your county of residence.

Make of that what you will ;)
Music tech enthusiast.

• Information