[SOLVED] Have to login to use Algoritm in 11 suite

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
WOO

05 Nov 2023

Days before the reason deadline regarding authorization, I made sure that I had I had the latest version of codemeter installed. I then saved all my licenses to my computer as well as a usb device that came with Record and saved all my licenses to it as well. All was well in the reason world until yesterday when I opened 11 and algoritm wasn't in my list of instruments. When I opened up a song, that algoritm was all over, I got the re missing message with the cardboard representation in the rack. So i went to my products page downloaded agoritm, the old authorizer popped up finished downloading it and then said it was writing licenses. Didn't fix the problem. I had algoritm 1.0 when I wrote my licenses to the computer and usb and I saw that it downloaded algoritm 1.0.1. Could that be the problem? If so how do I resolve the problem? Would appreciate any help regarding this issue. Thanks in advance.

BRIGGS

05 Nov 2023

I HATE having to ask permission to use software I paid for.
r11s

selig
RE Developer

06 Nov 2023

I would contact support for this issue, since it is likely an issue that can only be addressed directly by them.
Best we can do here is complain to each other…
Anyone have an answer, or is it time to lock the thread?
Selig Audio, LLC

antic604

06 Nov 2023

selig wrote:
06 Nov 2023
I would contact support for this issue, since it is likely an issue that can only be addressed directly by them.
Yeah, I think that's the only solution.

As I understand, support for Authorizer and Codemeter were supposed discontinued, but both should work fine as long as some OS or hardware update renders them obsolete, right? I don't think something like that happened yet?
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

WOO

07 Nov 2023

I just filed a report with reason regarding this issue today. I'll report back if/when this is resolved.

dmitrijsorokin

08 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
05 Nov 2023
I had algoritm 1.0 when I wrote my licenses to the computer and usb and I saw that it downloaded algoritm 1.0.1. Could that be the problem?
Yes, the version is important.
RackExtensions cache file for key (30f9fffea59c.cache) stores data se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0
You won't be able to create a new 30f9fffea59c.cache anymore, so you need the se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 files (I hope you saved your RE and RackExtensions cache file in advance viewtopic.php?p=649570#p649570).

WOO

09 Nov 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
08 Nov 2023
WOO wrote:
05 Nov 2023
I had algoritm 1.0 when I wrote my licenses to the computer and usb and I saw that it downloaded algoritm 1.0.1. Could that be the problem?
Yes, the version is important.
RackExtensions cache file for key (30f9fffea59c.cache) stores data se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0
You won't be able to create a new 30f9fffea59c.cache anymore, so you need the se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 files (I hope you saved your RE and RackExtensions cache file in advance viewtopic.php?p=649570#p649570).
No I didn't. Technical support just deleted my license to algoritm 1.0.1. So when I just opened Reason it opened authorizer and wrote a new license. So now I don't have algoritm anymore. On start up it, the login to use re or continue to open without it still comes up. No explanation as of yet as to why it was working for weeks as it should and then bam, out of the blue algoritm is missing thus requiring me to download algoritm again not knowing that this was going to happen. Algoritm is used on a bunch of my songs.

dmitrijsorokin

10 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
09 Nov 2023
No I didn't. Technical support just deleted my license to algoritm 1.0.1. So when I just opened Reason it opened authorizer and wrote a new license. So now I don't have algoritm anymore. On start up it, the login to use re or continue to open without it still comes up. No explanation as of yet as to why it was working for weeks as it should and then bam, out of the blue algoritm is missing thus requiring me to download algoritm again not knowing that this was going to happen. Algoritm is used on a bunch of my songs.
I sent you a private message with a link to my se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 folder from the backup.
Place the se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 folder in your RackExtensions folder (move the new se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.1 folder to any other location or delete).

c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions\

1.0.0.png
1.0.0.png (6.97 KiB) Viewed 19431 times
If you did not delete your file 30f9fffea59c.cache (this is a very important file for authorizing RE from the key!!!), then the Algoritm.1.0.0 license will start from the key.

c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions\30f9fffea59c.cache

30f9fffea59c.png
30f9fffea59c.png (5.67 KiB) Viewed 19431 times

WOO

10 Nov 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
10 Nov 2023
WOO wrote:
09 Nov 2023
I sent you a private message with a link to my se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 folder from the backup.
Place the se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 folder in your RackExtensions folder (move the new se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.1 folder to any other location or delete).

c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions\

1.0.0.png

If you did not delete your file 30f9fffea59c.cache (this is a very important file for authorizing RE from the key!!!), then the Algoritm.1.0.0 license will start from the key.

c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions\30f9fffea59c.cache

30f9fffea59c.png
Thanks for all your help but Reason sent me a link to download algoritm 1.0.0 and then a rack extension tool which I ran first and then it asked me for the location of the algoritm download which i opened using the rack extension tool and a few second later it was done and it now opens up in 11 without having to log in. Have a great day and thanks for taking the time to help me rectify the problem. And thanks to john from reason. Case closed.

dmitrijsorokin

11 Nov 2023

[/quote]
Thanks for all your help but Reason sent me a link to download algoritm 1.0.0 and then a rack extension tool which I ran first and then it asked me for the location of the algoritm download which i opened using the rack extension tool and a few second later it was done and it now opens up in 11 without having to log in. Have a great day and thanks for taking the time to help me rectify the problem. And thanks to john from reason. Case closed.
[/quote]

Be sure to backup the entire folder for the future: c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

moneykube

11 Nov 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Nov 2023
Be sure to backup the entire folder for the future: c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions
[/quote]
anyone know where this is located on apple computers?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

11 Nov 2023

moneykube wrote:
11 Nov 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Nov 2023

anyone know where this is located on apple computers?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7514631
Reason12, Win10

WOO

11 Nov 2023

An update. As i posted yesterday, reason support was able to fix my missing algoritm problem. But on start up it still brings up the login screen, login to run re's or continue without. Choosing continue without being on line still loads the once missing algoritm so I don't know why I'm still getting the login screen? That's just a minor inconvenience . Fyi I've had reason 12 installed on my computer for some time now but don't use it because I never know when its going to crash on me. A problem that I posted about quite some time ago on this forum and I'm going to work with reason to try and figure that out. So today I decided to open reason 12 up and most of my purchased re's from reason studios players and instruments no longer show up. Opened companion and all the re's show up as installed. I had been using reason 12 while I was working with support to get 11 fixed and 12 was working. Don't know if that is a direct result of what reason had me do to get algoritm to work in reason 11. Read my post above about what steps I had to perform. No answer as to what could of caused algoritm to come up missing after working for many weeks without an issue but I think I may come up with an answer. The afternoon before the issue with algoritm, I downloaded the latest version of reason 12.7 as well as the companion update. Ran companion and it showed that I had an update to algoritm from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 so I downloaded it and the license was written at which time I shut down the computer for the day. The following day when I opened 11 is when I noticed that algoritm was missing which I then went to my products page downloaded and well, you can read about in my original post. So I'm wondering if there is some type of cross contamination taking place between reasons new authorization method and the writing of licenses?

WOO

11 Nov 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Nov 2023
[/quote]

[/quote]

Will do. Thanks

dmitrijsorokin

12 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
11 Nov 2023
An update. As i posted yesterday, reason support was able to fix my missing algoritm problem. But on start up it still brings up the login screen, login to run re's or continue without. Choosing continue without being on line still loads the once missing algoritm so I don't know why I'm still getting the login screen?
I explained the reason to you above.
When you wrote the license RE to the key (until September 25), the license cache file 30f9fffea59c.cache recorded the license for Algoritm.1.0.0

When you run RE from the key, it checks which version of the Algoritm is listed in 30f9fffea59c.cache.

If 30f9fffea59c.cache specifies Algoritm.1.0.0, but you run Algoritm.1.0.1, the key will not be able to authorize Algoritm.1.0.1 and will trigger online authorization. You need to put the files se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.0 in the RE folder instead of se.propellerheads.Algoritm.1.0.1 and never update to version 1.0.0
WOO wrote:
11 Nov 2023
The afternoon before the issue with algoritm, I downloaded the latest version of reason 12.7 as well as the companion update. Ran companion and it showed that I had an update to algoritm from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 so I downloaded it and the license was written at which time I shut down the computer for the day. The following day when I opened 11 is when I noticed that algoritm was missing which I then went to my products page downloaded and well, you can read about in my original post.
You upgraded from version 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 and the key could no longer authorize version 1.0.1 because 30f9fffea59c.cache contained version 1.0.0.
To use the key, never update RE after September 25th.
WOO wrote:
11 Nov 2023
So I'm wondering if there is some type of cross contamination taking place between reasons new authorization method and the writing of licenses?
Recording key licenses is no longer available as of September 25th, so RE updates will only use online authorization.

WOO

12 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
11 Nov 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
11 Nov 2023
[/quote]

Will do. Thanks
[/quote]
So I think what your saying is that when algoritm came up missing from my instruments, I should have restored if from a back up. If I had only known. Why didn't reason studios advise customers to do that or did they? I started reason suite up today and I see the maia synth is now missing from my instruments. And like algoritm it was working while offline for weeks. I was just using it 3 days ago on a song in 11 that most every track is a maia synth. Any idea as to what could be causing this? Technical support hasn't offered an explanation to my query about why algoritm suddenly came up missing. About to contact support and alert them about the missing maia.

dmitrijsorokin

13 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
12 Nov 2023
I was just using it 3 days ago on a song in 11 that most every track is a maia synth. Any idea as to what could be causing this? Technical support hasn't offered an explanation to my query about why algoritm suddenly came up missing. About to contact support and alert them about the missing maia.
It's unlikely that I know what's going on on your computer, because it's not my computer. I can only assume this is related to the update.

You can analyze the RackExtensions folder, see the date of the files (whether Maia was also updated). Maybe the files were deleted for some reason. There may be no entry for Maia 30f9fffea59c.cache. Maybe 30f9fffea59c.cache was deleted. Open 30f9fffea59c.cache for the key in notepad and see if Maia is listed in the code.

As far as I remember, Reason Studios warned June 1 - this is enough time to make a backup.

WOO

13 Nov 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
13 Nov 2023
WOO wrote:
12 Nov 2023
I was just using it 3 days ago on a song in 11 that most every track is a maia synth. Any idea as to what could be causing this? Technical support hasn't offered an explanation to my query about why algoritm suddenly came up missing. About to contact support and alert them about the missing maia.
It's unlikely that I know what's going on on your computer, because it's not my computer. I can only assume this is related to the update.

You can analyze the RackExtensions folder, see the date of the files (whether Maia was also updated). Maybe the files were deleted for some reason. There may be no entry for Maia 30f9fffea59c.cache. Maybe 30f9fffea59c.cache was deleted. Open 30f9fffea59c.cache for the key in notepad and see if Maia is listed in the code.

As far as I remember, Reason Studios warned June 1 - this is enough time to make a backup.
I backed up the folder you suggested. I opened the maia, algoritm folders no cache files as well as a bunch of reason studios and other vendors instruments and effects that I have installed and was shocked at how many didn't have a cache file. What does that mean? All our working with the exception of maia synth. I have to be online in order to use it suddenly in 11 suite. Technical support just assigned someone else to work with me and he gave me suggestions to try for an apple system. I had to remind him that I'm using a windows 10 box. :lol:

dmitrijsorokin

14 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
13 Nov 2023
I opened the maia, algoritm folders no cache files as well as a bunch of reason studios and other vendors instruments and effects that I have installed and was shocked at how many didn't have a cache file. What does that mean?
Do you have 30f9fffea59c.cache in your RE folder?

WOO

16 Nov 2023

dmitrijsorokin wrote:
14 Nov 2023
WOO wrote:
13 Nov 2023
I opened the maia, algoritm folders no cache files as well as a bunch of reason studios and other vendors instruments and effects that I have installed and was shocked at how many didn't have a cache file. What does that mean?
No after opening a number of cache files in notepad I have different number strings than you are showing. I'm guessing that reason, assigns unique number strings based on the computer? After I was handed off to someone else at technical support Monday, regarding the ever growing list of songs that crash 12.7, I haven't heard back from reason. The number 1 reason I still use 11 suite is the crashing problem that I've had since about the 12.3 update. None of the updates have fixed my problem. I hope, I don't have to wait until ver 13 to get this sorted out.

dmitrijsorokin

17 Nov 2023

WOO wrote:
16 Nov 2023
dmitrijsorokin wrote:
14 Nov 2023

No after opening a number of cache files in notepad I have different number strings than you are showing. I'm guessing that reason, assigns unique number strings based on the computer? After I was handed off to someone else at technical support Monday, regarding the ever growing list of songs that crash 12.7, I haven't heard back from reason. The number 1 reason I still use 11 suite is the crashing problem that I've had since about the 12.3 update. None of the updates have fixed my problem. I hope, I don't have to wait until ver 13 to get this sorted out.
I asked a different question.
Do you have a file called "30f9fffea59c.cache" in your c:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions folder?

If not, your REs will always ask for login online.

• Information