New reason studio effect device

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
WOO

25 Sep 2023

I thought reason was working on a new effect device. Any word on a release date? Or was objekt the device in question?

Loque

25 Sep 2023

You missed BV-X?
Reason12, Win10

rorystorm

26 Sep 2023

I was thinking about this the other day- weren't they supposed to be working on some kind of super loaded delay unit?

rorystorm

26 Sep 2023

But, I mean if they're looking at Cubase 3 and thinking like, you know we could really mine some of the QOL shit in this, I'm on board

ambi

26 Sep 2023

WOO wrote:
25 Sep 2023
I thought reason was working on a new effect device. Any word on a release date? Or was objekt the device in question?
Where did you hear about it?

antic604

27 Sep 2023

ambi wrote:
26 Sep 2023
WOO wrote:
25 Sep 2023
I think they mentioned that in last roadmap, but that indeed turned out to be the vocoder thingy.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Ottostrom

27 Sep 2023

I want to take this opportunity to express my love for the BV-X, as I've heard almost nothing about it after the release.
I've been using it quite extensively for my new EP and it is an absolutely incredible device. The ease of use + flexibility to shape the sound is unmatched and you can get very expressive and "human" results. My plan was to use it for interesting background vocals, which it works great for, but it has ended up as the lead vocals on some songs because of how good it sounds.
None of the videos showcasing it has done it justice IMO

dvdrtldg

27 Sep 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Sep 2023
I want to take this opportunity to express my love for the BV-X, as I've heard almost nothing about it after the release.
I've been using it quite extensively for my new EP and it is an absolutely incredible device. The ease of use + flexibility to shape the sound is unmatched and you can get very expressive and "human" results. My plan was to use it for interesting background vocals, which it works great for, but it has ended up as the lead vocals on some songs because of how good it sounds.
Agree, BV-X is great. I didn't think I was interested in vocoders until I tried this one out, I don't use vocals at all but this is still a really cool sound shaping tool and full of surprises

WOO

27 Sep 2023

ambi wrote:
26 Sep 2023
WOO wrote:
25 Sep 2023
This forum is my #1 source of info on everything reason the other being youtube. So one or the other. Mandela effect in play? Btw when was BVX released?

challism

27 Sep 2023

Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2023
You missed BV-X?
ha ha ha...
rorystorm wrote:
26 Sep 2023
I was thinking about this the other day- weren't they supposed to be working on some kind of super loaded delay unit?
Yeah, but the project has been super delayed.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

rorystorm

27 Sep 2023

:clap:
challism wrote:
27 Sep 2023
Loque wrote:
25 Sep 2023
You missed BV-X?
ha ha ha...
rorystorm wrote:
26 Sep 2023
Yeah, but the project has been super delayed.
:clap:

integerpoet

28 Sep 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Sep 2023
I want to take this opportunity to express my love for the BV-X...
None of the videos showcasing it has done it justice IMO.
That sounds like the kind of energy which might, if you're not careful, result in a video.

Ottostrom

28 Sep 2023

integerpoet wrote:
28 Sep 2023
Ottostrom wrote:
27 Sep 2023
I want to take this opportunity to express my love for the BV-X...
None of the videos showcasing it has done it justice IMO.
That sounds like the kind of energy which might, if you're not careful, result in a video.
I'm way too lazy to make a video :lol:
But for anyone interested, here is the verse from a song I'm working on where BV-X is the star:

jaeproduced

30 Sep 2023

It's October I doubt if a new effect device is coming that's all folks for this year better luck in 2024...

moneykube

30 Sep 2023

jaeproduced wrote:
30 Sep 2023
It's October I doubt if a new effect device is coming that's all folks for this year better luck in 2024...
but... but... but... how can I use my 25 reward points now lol :lol: ... I wish they would add more items to the rewards store since I have everything I want (or in some cases need) from that store, and from the reason studios store. It would have to be some revolutionary effect for me to hit the buy button anyway... I can't think of an effect I actually need anymore ,with VSTs and the racks I own currently.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Harpuia

03 Oct 2023

Ottostrom wrote:
27 Sep 2023
It's also a great tool for getting that some of that modern Color Bass/Melodic Riddim sound if you throw a dubstep bass through it. I haven't heard anyone else really playing with that yet, though I've had a bunch of fun with that over the past year or so since I picked it up.

• Information