Are there any REs I should check out before September 25?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2023

I think I might pull the trigger on Strive Creative Filter. I don't currently have anything like that.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2023

As sort of mentioned earlier if I was you I would look at Players and CV utilities as these are unique to Reason.

Instruments and FX you can just pick up VST's later on if you need something that badly.

crimsonwarlock

01 Sep 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2023
I think I might pull the trigger on Strive Creative Filter. I don't currently have anything like that.
A while ago I also found I didn't have any special filters and I got a whole bunch of them. I got several from Turn2on, including one I won in a small guessing contest. I think he has a nice filters bundle available in the shop now :puf_wink:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2023

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
01 Sep 2023
As sort of mentioned earlier if I was you I would look at Players and CV utilities as these are unique to Reason.

Instruments and FX you can just pick up VST's later on if you need something that badly.
Just downloaded Shape LFO Editor. That should cover most of my LFO needs I think. :puf_smile:

I try to avoid VSTs as much as possible. I have some Ozone stuff, but that's it. Not really a fan of the whole floating windows thing.

DaveyG

01 Sep 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2023
Just downloaded Shape LFO Editor. That should cover most of my LFO needs I think. :puf_smile:

I try to avoid VSTs as much as possible. I have some Ozone stuff, but that's it. Not really a fan of the whole floating windows thing.
I'm going to help you out but you won't appreciate it.

You don't need anything else. You have more stuffz than you can ever use.
Just like I do. And just like pretty much everyone else on this forum. :D

(Comedy aside - last month I bought a new external SSD drive and transferred my collection of samples to it. I've been collecting samples since the mid 90's. I was a bit surprised when the file copy dialog said there were over 900,000 files to copy. I could live another whole lifetime and not get to the end of auditioning those....)

Right, that's enough of that. Ignore me and go buy some shiny new REs. :thumbup:

SebAudio

01 Sep 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2023
I try to avoid VSTs as much as possible. Not really a fan of the whole floating windows thing.
Doesn’t Objekt float above the rack ? :lol:

crimsonwarlock

01 Sep 2023

SebAudio wrote:
01 Sep 2023
It doesn't float, it levitates :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Ichooselife

01 Sep 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
01 Sep 2023
SebAudio wrote:
01 Sep 2023
It doesn't float, it levitates :puf_bigsmile:
show me this trickery

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2023

DaveyG wrote:
01 Sep 2023
I'm going to help you out but you won't appreciate it.

You don't need anything else. You have more stuffz than you can ever use.
Just like I do. And just like pretty much everyone else on this forum. :D

(Comedy aside - last month I bought a new external SSD drive and transferred my collection of samples to it. I've been collecting samples since the mid 90's. I was a bit surprised when the file copy dialog said there were over 900,000 files to copy. I could live another whole lifetime and not get to the end of auditioning those....)

Right, that's enough of that. Ignore me and go buy some shiny new REs. :thumbup:
Yeah you're right. I really don't need anything. I could easily keep myself busy with the stuff I've got for years without adding anything.
To my defense when it comes to GAS, I do write A LOT of music. And the large majority of all my purchased REs have ended up shaping and effecting my music in some form. That's the excuse I have when it comes to buying stuff. As long as it get's used it's fine. It might not always get used right away after purchase, but for the most part I do go back to use it at some point. My refills that I've done lately is a good example of that. So overall I'm not just a collector of stuff.

Having said that, it's very likely I'll only end up purchasing Strive this time. It's the kind of RE I was looking for with this thread. A RE that I've overlooked or missed, that adds something new in my rack. But I'll keep my mind open for other things for a little while longer before I make any final decisions.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2023

SebAudio wrote:
01 Sep 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2023
I try to avoid VSTs as much as possible. Not really a fan of the whole floating windows thing.
It's the kind of float that isn't annoying. :puf_smile:

SebAudio

02 Sep 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2023
SebAudio wrote:
01 Sep 2023

Till the day it falls off the rack ! It’s apparently been the case several times during the pre-release phase since it’s covered by a lot of scratches ! :lol:

crimsonwarlock

02 Sep 2023

SebAudio wrote:
02 Sep 2023
Till the day it falls off the rack ! It’s apparently been the case several times during the pre-release phase since it’s covered by a lot of scratches ! :lol:
That's the thing with levitation, it is hard to sustain :puf_bigsmile:
-------

dusan.cani

02 Sep 2023

There are many underrated synths to check out, for example:

Kraft, Aurora, Orbis, Mixfood and don't forget Khs One, which is excellent and it's for free.

synths-resize.jpg
synths-resize.jpg (330.13 KiB) Viewed 8445 times

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
02 Sep 2023
There are many underrated synths to check out, for example:

Kraft, Aurora, Orbis, Mixfood and don't forget Khs One, which is excellent and it's for free.

synths-resize.jpg
Thanks for the tip. I already own some of those. And the rest I've already trialed.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2023

I think I've come to the conclusion that if I'm gonna buy something new here before September 25 it can't be another synth with the typical saw, square, triangle, sine type of deal. Sure there might be nuances and differences in those synths. But I already have so many synths capable of those sounds already. It has to be something a bit different.

I'm trialing Vecto right now. It seems to offer something new, both sound- and workflow wise. I'm not a huge fan of the GUI though. I would have liked for it to be a bit more straight forward and less optiony. But it might be fun and different enough to make me pull the trigger. We'll see. The newer price at €50 helps. I think it used to be twice as much.

I have trialed both recommended REs here in this thread and also other stuff. So far Strive and Vecto has been of most interest of all the stuff I've trialed.

dusan.cani

03 Sep 2023

Yes Vecto is also underrated synth. The same goes for Quad, which is the most favorite RP synth for me. Quad offers very tasty distorted waveshaped sounds. It has slightly different approach for waveform generation where you use phase distortion and waveshaper modifiers with Amount and XY controls to shape to waveform. And subsequent processing with its own filters and EFX makes this synth a beast.

Ichooselife

03 Sep 2023

vecto is kinda a poor man’s blue and for me that is rob papens best synth not predator

there also rent to own which means u have a couple weeks to buy , u can also rent to own blue if you email rob papen

but i know your looking for re

i would go for vecto i love it and it’s probably different with all the samples

maia i also love as an re

selig
RE Developer

03 Sep 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
01 Sep 2023
SebAudio wrote:
01 Sep 2023

It’s because it’s uses floating point technology…. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
03 Sep 2023
Yes Vecto is also underrated synth. The same goes for Quad, which is the most favorite RP synth for me. Quad offers very tasty distorted waveshaped sounds. It has slightly different approach for waveform generation where you use phase distortion and waveshaper modifiers with Amount and XY controls to shape to waveform. And subsequent processing with its own filters and EFX makes this synth a beast.
I already trialed Quad a long time ago unfortunately, so that one is out the window for now.
Vecto seems to be more "different" anyway.

dusan.cani

03 Sep 2023

Did you check Spectra ? It offers very "different" synthesis compared to other synths...Also Oberon and Noxious.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
03 Sep 2023
Did you check Spectra ? It offers very "different" synthesis compared to other synths...Also Oberon and Noxious.
I got Spectra when it became free. I’ve tried it a little, but not nearly as much as I’d like to. I have Oberon. Actually made a refill for it.
I tried Noxious a long time ago but didn’t buy it. Must say the demos/videos I’ve heard don’t really convince me.

As I mentioned before I’ve got so much stuff already so I’m gonna be very selective here. I’ve pretty much decided on Vecto and Strive as my last purchases. And then I’ll probably take a break from buying anything until R13 drops.

dvdrtldg

03 Sep 2023

Vecto is excellent but that UI is horrible

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2023

So like I suspected during the end of the thread, I decided to pull the trigger on Vectro and Strive.
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've checked out quite a few REs that I hadn't tried before. :thumbs_up:
I won't trialing or buying any more REs now. I know I could have trialed stuff for longer and been given more suggestions, but I don't like to linger too long on decisions.
Until R13 or some absolutely irresistible new RE comes along I'm gonna stick with what I've got.

So maybe a mod could turn this thread to "solved" in the title?

Aosta

04 Sep 2023

So I have a dilemma..

I'm very happy using my windows 7 Reason 11 desktop and it is all registered for offline use but I am stuck.
If I have to upgrade to R12 it also means I have to upgrade my OS to 10 or 11 which is an utter ball ache driver minefield for just one piece of software.
They are currently offering 50% off for an R12 upgrade so I may just buy it now to install onto a laptop running windoze 11 but would this mean I will not be able to still use my registered version of R11 on my old machine or can I use both but not at the same time?
Tend the flame

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2023

Aosta wrote:
04 Sep 2023
So I have a dilemma..

I'm very happy using my windows 7 Reason 11 desktop and it is all registered for offline use but I am stuck.
If I have to upgrade to R12 it also means I have to upgrade my OS to 10 or 11 which is an utter ball ache driver minefield for just one piece of software.
They are currently offering 50% off for an R12 upgrade so I may just buy it now to install onto a laptop running windoze 11 but would this mean I will not be able to still use my registered version of R11 on my old machine or can I use both but not at the same time?
I have 12 on my desktop and 11 on my laptop and it is perfectly fine. I haven't ever tried running both at same time as laptop is only used whilst on holiday etc but assume if online login this may not be allowed.

I don't think you can open 12 projects in 11 though but I may be wrong about this as I use the RRP.

• Information