A-list acouistic guitarist - where has it gone

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TheMiles

23 Aug 2023

Just wondering. What happened to that RE ? looked nice in those youtube videos..

Ichooselife

23 Aug 2023

TheMiles wrote:
23 Aug 2023
Just wondering. What happened to that RE ? looked nice in those youtube videos..
i think they was up cheap mate and they got discontinued some time ago

mcatalao
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2023

They got discontinued.

You can get U-Jam Virtual Guitarist, wich will yeld very simmilar results (U-Jam did the coding and sampling for the A-Lists, and i think they even helped creating :

https://www.ujam.com/guitarist/?gad=1&g ... J2EALw_wcB

However If you're a controlfreak you should try Ample Sound guitars, even the free one sounds really nice:

https://www.amplesound.net/en/index.asp
They're more expensive though because they have a lot of different flavours of guitars. But they sound really nice.
Last edited by mcatalao on 23 Aug 2023, edited 1 time in total.

Lov2sing

23 Aug 2023

:puf_smile:
Last edited by Lov2sing on 23 Aug 2023, edited 2 times in total.
We make music for a reason

Lov2sing

23 Aug 2023

If I am not mistaken UJAM created that RE for Reason. Their equivalent in a VST is Silk and Amber. One is more for picking styles and the other for strumming. If you need a good guitar try Ample sound acoustic guitar. They even have a free one that works well and sounds good too.

TheMiles

23 Aug 2023

Thx for all the answers I guesss i will look into the Ujam VSTs as i allready have the free Ample Sound VST. I play a bit of guitar myself and easy i can record easy parts. For faster parts i rely on programming though.

turn2on
RE Developer

24 Aug 2023

In guitar fields, may be better buy cheap guitar, now much more easy find nice and cheap guitars... this is better way to guitar sound.. but.. of guitar only for few moments, this guitar style VST/RE may be enough..
Save money and buy guitar))) May be better choice for somebody

integerpoet

24 Aug 2023

turn2on wrote:
24 Aug 2023
In guitar fields, may be better buy cheap guitar, now much more easy find nice and cheap guitars... this is better way to guitar sound.. but.. of guitar only for few moments, this guitar style VST/RE may be enough..
I mean, there's the money you spend on a guitar and then there's the "money" you "spend" learning to play it. :-) I think the problem many people are trying to solve is to play a "guitar" with a keyboard and have the plug-in figure out how to fake what happens with the fret board and plectrum.

Lov2sing

25 Aug 2023

:puf_smile:
integerpoet wrote:
24 Aug 2023
turn2on wrote:
24 Aug 2023
I mean, there's the money you spend on a guitar and then there's the "money" you "spend" learning to play it. :-) I think the problem many people are trying to solve is to play a "guitar" with a keyboard and have the plug-in figure out how to fake what happens with the fret board and plectrum.
Yeah you are correct in some cases but if a software can help get ones idea out then I say use it until you either find someone who can help you or wait until you learn to do it yourself. Ive been playing (at) guitar for years but feel it’s beyond my pay grade.
I wish you well, but until you learn UJAM makes pretty good substitutes.

integerpoet

25 Aug 2023

Lov2sing wrote:
25 Aug 2023
integerpoet wrote:
24 Aug 2023
Yeah you are correct in some cases but if a software can help get ones idea out then I say use it until you either find someone who can help you or wait until you learn to do it yourself. Ive been playing (at) guitar for years but feel it’s beyond my pay grade.
For what it's worth, I would be all for software which let one play a "guitar" with a keyboard and fake what happens with a fret board and plectrum. If it's convincing and expressive, it's convincing and expressive, and arguments against such a tool are probably just cork sniffing. And, not having used them — and not being proficient at playing a real guitar either — I have no opinion on whether the UJAM products are convincing and expressive. It's merely that when it comes to this sort of thing I am a big believer in compelling lies. :-)

Quarmat
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2023

integerpoet wrote:
25 Aug 2023
Lov2sing wrote:
25 Aug 2023
If it's convincing and expressive, it's convincing and expressive, and arguments against such a tool are probably just cork sniffing.
I can play guitar, and sometimes I record guitar parts, but most of the times I am too lazy to plug, tune, record, comp, adjust timings if I only need rythmic guitar parts, and so i use UJAM's (both the A-list REs and UJAM VSTs).

I also can pull pretty convincing solos too with the "instrument" mode of the Ujams VSTs as well as with Friction and Objekt.

• Information