When did Nostromo become $25?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

12 Jul 2023

Mistake or crazy discount, doesn't matter - just grab it if you don't have it yet

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

challism

12 Jul 2023

Nostromo is excellent. That random button is SO GOOD! Lectric Panda knocked it out of the park (again) with this device. $25 is a steal. If you don't have it, get it.

It's not just an amazing synth, you can also use it as a filter for audio input. It's got a ton of different filters and you can run up to 4 of them in serial or parallel. Tons of filtering options.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

12 Jul 2023

Very nice synth. Just wished the fading would work if you go beyond the oscillator sections and it has a copy&paste.
Reason12, Win10

rcbuse
RE Developer

12 Jul 2023

When I made the two bundles a year or two ago, I set all my everyday prices to the lowest sale price I had ever done for each item and left them there. I don't participate in the sales anymore, just keep sale prices forever.

DaveyG

12 Jul 2023

rcbuse wrote:
12 Jul 2023
When I made the two bundles a year or two ago, I set all my everyday prices to the lowest sale price I had ever done for each item and left them there. I don't participate in the sales anymore, just keep sale prices forever.
It's admirable, and it's how more of the world should work, but it will definitely cost you some sales because people like to think they are getting a bargain, even if they are not.

Amazon are past masters at this.

BRIGGS

12 Jul 2023

Always on sale = win : )
r11s

EdGrip

12 Jul 2023

You're a good panda, Panda.

dvdrtldg

12 Jul 2023

This is probably where I finally pick up Aggregate Music System

DJMaytag

12 Jul 2023

rcbuse wrote:
12 Jul 2023
Do you get any more from Rent To Own? I could have just bought it outright for $25, but did the RTO option to save myself $15 now.

wendylou

12 Jul 2023

$25? Usually found near $500 these days! Oh, THAT Nostromo... nevermind Love that synth! :puf_smile:

nostromohcg8.jpg
nostromohcg8.jpg (29.83 KiB) Viewed 4609 times
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

rcbuse
RE Developer

12 Jul 2023

DJMaytag wrote:
12 Jul 2023
rcbuse wrote:
12 Jul 2023
Do you get any more from Rent To Own? I could have just bought it outright for $25, but did the RTO option to save myself $15 now.
I honestly have no idea how that works or if that is even a thing anymore. Ditto for the rewards stuff. But if someone can find a cheaper way to pick up any of my devices without me having to do something, that is fine with me.

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2023

$25 for Nostromo?! Bargain. It's an amazing synth. Really good fun to play around with. Amazing, interesting results. Unique.

ambi

13 Jul 2023

How much was it when it was new?

rcbuse
RE Developer

13 Jul 2023

I think it came in at $79 USD when V1 came out.

Micha1973

13 Jul 2023

Nostromo is every signle cent worth
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

DJMaytag

13 Jul 2023

rcbuse wrote:
12 Jul 2023
I honestly have no idea how that works or if that is even a thing anymore. Ditto for the rewards stuff. But if someone can find a cheaper way to pick up any of my devices without me having to do something, that is fine with me.
I’m guessing Nostromo was set up for RTO at the previous price, and the number of $10 payments decreased from 8 down to 3 at your new/current price.

I wasn’t looking at getting it cheaper, I was thinking it could get you a few bucks more. It’s a GREAT sounding synth, and crazy deep, and the back panel connections are the chefs kiss. The only caveat I have is that it’s a bit difficult to look at and quickly tell where the various sections of the synth are. Is there a way to skin it to look different, maybe akin to the look of the Moog Grandmother/Matriarch?

arnigretar

15 Jul 2023

Brilliant synth. And very nice price for it. I have everything from Panda - all is highly recommended.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Darchon

19 Aug 2023

Loque wrote:
12 Jul 2023
Very nice synth. Just wished the fading would work if you go beyond the oscillator sections and it has a copy&paste.
You can get seamless waveform transitions in Nostromo when the OSC playhead wraps by following this method:

Seamless OSC Loop Nostromo.jpg
Seamless OSC Loop Nostromo.jpg (294.04 KiB) Viewed 4039 times

1) With desired waveform already loaded in OSC Slot 1, double-click that slot.
2) The menu showing the library waveforms on the far right will find the waveform matching Slot 1 and will highlight it. NOTE ITS CODE or SHAPE.
3) Click ONCE on Slot 9 to select it.
4) In the menu on the far right, click on the matching CODE or SHAPE. This will populate Slot 9 with the same waveform as Slot 1.

Nostromo (and before that Rostnomo) single-handedly got me back into Reason and Rack Extensions in particular.

Check out the attached combi I did a few years back for an quasi-generative example showing almost endless evolving waveforms. This requires Nostromo, PSQ1684 (both paid but insanely affordable) and some free REs: ReMark; RVL-1; MxSplirger

You need to hit the Combi's "Wave Cycle" button and it will start refreshing all of the OSC slots (away from the playhead to avoid glitching) in addition to matching Slots 1 and 9 for seamless looping.
Attachments
Darchon's Everwave for Nostromo.zip
(12.2 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

• Information