Red Rock Sound is giving away Orchestral Hall Reverb and Palette Colorizer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

15 Jun 2023

These two just popped up in the shop :puf_bigsmile:

A big thanks to RRS for these generous gifts :clap:

I've bought several of their REs, some of them are free now also. I hope they get back with their paid-for REs as well, some of those are still on my wishlist :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Loque

15 Jun 2023

Thanks for the generous gifts. Good luck for us all and i hope we will be in a safer world soon!
Reason12, Win10

Worker 13

15 Jun 2023

Thanks Red Rock! I have their Red 70 and Ivoks REs.

Catblack

15 Jun 2023

Worker 13 wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Both are now missing from the shop, as is their bass enhancer.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

dvdrtldg

15 Jun 2023

Are Orchestral Hall and Palette any good?

ambi

15 Jun 2023

Catblack wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Worker 13 wrote:
15 Jun 2023
Both are now missing from the shop, as is their bass enhancer.
Sanctions against Russia make it impossible for the dev to recieve his money from RS, so he withdrew everything from the shop.
If the situation changes for the better he plans to bring everything back to the shop.

Libraquaricorn

15 Jun 2023

It's a real shame Ivoks is gone, it's been one of my absolute favorite RE synths for many years now. I guess the value of my license increased substantially....

challism

16 Jun 2023

Thank you for the generous gifts Red Rock!

Ivoks was one of the first REs I ever bought. I think it was my 3rd RE. I still love and use it; it's got an amazing filter with external audio input. I've got a number of other Red Rock REs too: C1L1 Compressor, MBC Multiband Compressor, ModularRE, Bass Enhancer, Exciter and all the free ones they've given away over the years - Red Rock have given away lot of REs over the years. It's great to add these two REs to my collection. I've had my eye on Orchestral Hall. I've heard that Palette Colorizer is pretty much included in ModularRE, but it appears as though they are quite a bit different, so it's great have them both! Palette seems to add different noise types (by color) and allows you to tweak them. ModularRE's color panel appears to be a broader colorizer that adds noise more common to the sound of equipment manufactured in different countries (maybe?). ModularRE also has a bass enhancer and exciter, but they appear to be bit more limited than the stand alone REs. Picture below for comparison.

Anyway, thanks again for the (years of many) generous gifts Red Rock Sound. Hopefully the sanctions will soon be lifted and the rest of your products will return to the shop and you can continue getting paid and developing more REs.
redrock.jpg
redrock.jpg (126.01 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

16 Jun 2023

I ran the default Octorex drumloop into Orchestral Hall and Palette after that. Instant mojo, this is going straight to my drum bus template :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

arnigretar

16 Jun 2023

Nice :) I already owned Orchestral Hall Reverb - always loved that.
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

madmacman

16 Jun 2023

While I always appreciate generous gifts (thanks for these freebies!), I am puzzled what the "Palette Colorizer" actually does. I know, I know: Just add this effect to the original signal and select the desired color.

But when I checked the results on a sine wave with spectrum analyser and scope, it doesn't do anything? I mean, yes - the amplitude of the input signal is sometimes louder, and sometimes a little more quiet. But the harmonics seem to stay unaffected. Anyone who could enlighten me?

DaveyG

16 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
16 Jun 2023
. Hopefully the sanctions will soon be lifted
There is zero chance of that happening soon. They need to set-up a company in a non-sanctioned country and accumulate the money there for a few years.

Re8et
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2023

Thnx! Hope to see new Russian modules coming out in the future, like these... and the Polyvoks!!

jam-s

16 Jun 2023

madmacman wrote:
16 Jun 2023
But when I checked the results on a sine wave with spectrum analyser and scope, it doesn't do anything? I mean, yes - the amplitude of the input signal is sometimes louder, and sometimes a little more quiet. But the harmonics seem to stay unaffected. Anyone who could enlighten me?
I think you should retry the test with a square wave. A sine may be too pure (aka no harmonics) to see any effect.

madmacman

17 Jun 2023

jam-s wrote:
16 Jun 2023
I think you should retry the test with a square wave. A sine may be too pure (aka no harmonics) to see any effect.
Ah, then I was completely mislead. I was expecting something similar like the saturation knob or scream 4, which add harmonics at some point. More like a wave shaping feature. I'll try it with other source material. Thank you! :)

crimsonwarlock

17 Jun 2023

madmacman wrote:
17 Jun 2023
jam-s wrote:
16 Jun 2023
Ah, then I was completely mislead. I was expecting something similar like the saturation knob or scream 4, which add harmonics at some point. More like a wave shaping feature. I'll try it with other source material. Thank you! :)
It is using impulse responses, so it can't create new information.
-------

madmacman

17 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Really? Wow - download was just 2MB or so :o Tiny impulse responses I guess...

challism

17 Jun 2023

madmacman wrote:
17 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jun 2023
I'd ask for a refund. ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

17 Jun 2023

madmacman wrote:
17 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Same as guitar cab impulses, small files.You only need larger files with reverbs and such.
-------

madmacman

17 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
17 Jun 2023
I'd ask for a refund. ;)
:lol: naah...
crimsonwarlock wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Same as guitar cab impulses, small files.You only need larger files with reverbs and such.
Ah, thanks for the explanation. Never delved into cab impulse responses - so far I only dealt with reverbs. :thumbup:

selig
RE Developer

17 Jun 2023

jam-s wrote:
16 Jun 2023
madmacman wrote:
16 Jun 2023
A sine wave is the preferred way to test for any distortion/saturation, a square wave will tell you little. The whole point is to start with the most pure waveform possible such that IF harmonics are generated (ANY change to a sine wave generates additional harmonics) you’ll be able to easily see them and quantify them (tell whether the saturation/distortion is generating more even vs odd harmonics, see which harmonics are predominate, see how different input levels affect harmonics etc.).
Selig Audio, LLC

madmacman

17 Jun 2023

selig wrote:
17 Jun 2023
jam-s wrote:
16 Jun 2023
A sine wave is the preferred way to test for any distortion/saturation, a square wave will tell you little. The whole point is to start with the most pure waveform possible such that IF harmonics are generated (ANY change to a sine wave generates additional harmonics) you’ll be able to easily see them and quantify them (tell whether the saturation/distortion is generating more even vs odd harmonics, see which harmonics are predominate, see how different input levels affect harmonics etc.).
Hi selig, thanks for stepping by. As far as I understood previous replies, the suggestion for a square wave (and the statement by crimson warlock that impulse responses don't ADD harmonics) is to set an environment where you actually can hear the effect of the device, which seems impossible (in this case) with a pure sine.

But I'm a total layman on this topic.

• Information