Summer Bash Sale (slowly emerging)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
crimsonwarlock

08 Jun 2023

It seems a Summer Bash Sale is slowly starting. One UJAM RE is on the deals page, showing on the RE page that: Save up to 70% on all UJAM Rack Extensions until June 28th! However, all other UJAM REs are still at full price. Don't know what's up with that.

Jiggery Pokery also has two REs in this sale (so far). Hoping he does some more, as I have a few of his REs still on my wishlist :puf_wink:

Are there more devs joining in?
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Neo

08 Jun 2023

:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

RobBarnett

08 Jun 2023

Anyone know if there's a crossgrade offer on UJAM VSTs vs. REs?

crimsonwarlock

08 Jun 2023

These pages still show what I posted. UJAM still only one sale (while that states ALL UJAM REs discounted). JP still only those two.
Neo wrote:
08 Jun 2023
- Hope RS join in aswell.
Don't hold your breath for that :lol:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

challism

08 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
08 Jun 2023
Neo wrote:
08 Jun 2023
- Hope RS join in aswell.
They might throw in a sticker.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

09 Jun 2023

Using a quote to page JiggeryPokery: Are you putting some more REs on sale? I have some money ready to spend :puf_wink:
JiggeryPokery wrote: ...
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
09 Jun 2023
Using a quote to page JiggeryPokery: Are you putting some more REs on sale? I have some money ready to spend :puf_wink:
JiggeryPokery wrote: ...
Maaaaaaaan. Don’t you have them all yet?! For shame for shame.
Actually, I don’t have Champagne Supernova. It was on sale a few years ago for €17 I think and I didn’t get it. Was going to just for the pedal board. Same with the wind chimes. Cheap as chips but I skipped it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ambi

09 Jun 2023

Many users updated to R12 over the last few weeks so a sale would be more than welcome and a smart thing to do for RS.
I also have some money right now that I'm willing to spend. Don't know how much longer I can hold it together.

DaveyG

09 Jun 2023

MrFigg wrote:
09 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
09 Jun 2023

Actually, I don’t have Champagne Supernova. It was on sale a few years ago for €17 I think and I didn’t get it. Was going to just for the pedal board. Same with the wind chimes. Cheap as chips but I skipped it.
Does that mean you paid actual real money for the daft laser harp one? I wondered who that was.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
09 Jun 2023
MrFigg wrote:
09 Jun 2023

Does that mean you paid actual real money for the daft laser harp one? I wondered who that was.
Nah. Don't have that one either. It's daft.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2023

MrFigg wrote:
09 Jun 2023
Actually, I don’t have Champagne Supernova. It was on sale a few years ago for €17 I think and I didn’t get it. Was going to just for the pedal board.
Champagne Supernova is pretty cool. I like it. But it's far from an all-rounder that gets used often. It's a very niche instrument for a particular character. I have a couple of tracks where I've used it exclusively.

crimsonwarlock

09 Jun 2023

MrFigg wrote:
09 Jun 2023
Well, I tried to use my money more than once to pay for something... didn't work :lol: :puf_bigsmile:
-------

crimsonwarlock

09 Jun 2023

I'm not sure what's going on, but the one UJAM sale AND the two JP sales have now disappeared. And instead there are now two Reason Studios bundles: one with three players and one with three synths, both at a 50% discount. Confused :shock:
-------

Neo

09 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
08 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
08 Jun 2023

They might throw in a sticker.
Stickers.. Indeed :lol:
RE.jpg
RE.jpg (80.72 KiB) Viewed 7775 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

dvdrtldg

09 Jun 2023

Seriously tempted by this synth bundle. Algoritm, Complex-1 and BV-X Vocoder for $149

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/synth-bundle/

I've almost bought all three of these in the past, but couldn't quite justify the price. Might be time to jump on them

challism

09 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
09 Jun 2023
Seriously tempted by this synth bundle. Algoritm, Complex-1 and BV-X Vocoder for $149

I've almost bought all three of these in the past, but couldn't quite justify the price. Might be time to jump on them
The only one of those I use is Algoritm. I never use BV-X (in fact it's the only RS RE I don't own a license for, but I've got it in R+). I keep telling myself I will use Complex-1 and get better at modular, but I never do. Plus, I recently bought the Cherry Audio bundle for $1 so I've got CA2600 and Voltage Modular, which are both incredible and blow Complex-1 away, IMO.

That being said, it's nice to see RS throwing together a few temporary bundle deals. The player bunder looks like good deal for $99. Those are 3 very good players.

Isn't it strange how these four never seem to leave the "deals" page?
deals.png
deals.png (155.38 KiB) Viewed 7631 times

dvdrtldg

10 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
09 Jun 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
09 Jun 2023

The only one of those I use is Algoritm. I never use BV-X (in fact it's the only RS RE I don't own a license for, but I've got it in R+). I keep telling myself I will use Complex-1 and get better at modular, but I never do. Plus, I recently bought the Cherry Audio bundle for $1 so I've got CA2600 and Voltage Modular, which are both incredible and blow Complex-1 away, IMO.
I'm trialling BV-X at the moment and loving it. I'm not really interested in traditional vocoder stuff, but it's amazing when you start putting beats & loops & random audio through it

Complex-1 is just a nice package. I have Reaktor for the real white lab coat mad scientist stuff, but sometimes you just want to have something simpler and with a friendlier UI. I remember really liking it when I trialled it

Algoritm is probably the one I need least, got plenty of FM synth options already but again, it's a fun well-designed UI and invites experimentation

crimsonwarlock

10 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
09 Jun 2023
If you don't have any of them, this is a nice bargain.
dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Jun 2023
Algoritm is probably the one I need least, got plenty of FM synth options already but again, it's a fun well-designed UI and invites experimentation
I'm a FM-synthesis junkie, so I'm biased, but Algoritm does many things that traditional FM synths can't do. It is basically a modular synth in that regard.
-------

DaveyG

10 Jun 2023

In looking for those bundles I stumbled across the Sugar Bytes RE bundle:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/sb-re-bundle/

It's sort of the opposite of a sale because it costs money but seems to have no RE's in it.

crimsonwarlock

10 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
10 Jun 2023

It's sort of the opposite of a sale because it costs money but seems to have no RE's in it.
I'm almost tempted to buy it and see what happens.... almost :lol:
-------

challism

10 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Jun 2023
challism wrote:
09 Jun 2023

I'm trialling BV-X at the moment and loving it. I'm not really interested in traditional vocoder stuff, but it's amazing when you start putting beats & loops & random audio through it

Complex-1 is just a nice package. I have Reaktor for the real white lab coat mad scientist stuff, but sometimes you just want to have something simpler and with a friendlier UI. I remember really liking it when I trialled it

So we are completely on opposite side of this. ha ha ha

Maybe I need to give BV-X some more attention. I'm not really interested in vocoders, but it a bit different than just a straight-forward, traditional vocoder. I agree.

That randomizer on Algoritm, though. Not as good as the randomizer on Objekt, but it's still pretty good and you can get some great stuff from clicking that button. I think it's the first time RS introduced the slider/ribbon randomization function, which is awesome.

crimsonwarlock

10 Jun 2023

Anyone (devs?) have any information about this bash sale happening or not. It seemed the UJAM and JP sales were announced maybe too early, but now it is completely unclear what's happening (or not) :?:
-------

DaveyG

10 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
DaveyG wrote:
10 Jun 2023

I'm almost tempted to buy it and see what happens.... almost :lol:
I bought two, just in case it becomes a valuable collector's item. :thumbup:

dvdrtldg

10 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
I'm a FM-synthesis junkie
Do you have Waves Flow Motion? I picked it up a while back on a buy-one-get-one-free deal, wasn't expecting to be blown away but it's crazy good

crimsonwarlock

11 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
I'm a FM-synthesis junkie
Do you have Waves Flow Motion? I picked it up a while back on a buy-one-get-one-free deal, wasn't expecting to be blown away but it's crazy good
Nope, I am strictly RE, as much as possible. The few VST plugins I still use are slowly being replaced with RE alternatives or removed from my workflow. Hence, me hoping to pick some things up at sale prices :puf_bigsmile:

As for FM, I think I'm nicely provided with PX-7, Zero, Algoritm and RYM2612. Still eyeballing FM4 though :puf_smile:
-------

• Information