Summer Bash Sale (slowly emerging)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ravasb

11 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
DaveyG wrote:
10 Jun 2023
In looking for those bundles I stumbled across the Sugar Bytes RE bundle:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/sb-re-bundle/

It's sort of the opposite of a sale because it costs money but seems to have no RE's in it.
I'm almost tempted to buy it and see what happens.... almost :lol:
It represents all the work and bug fixes they have put into it over the years. Absolutely zero. A couple of the worst purchases I have ever made.

Arpeg
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2023

DaveyG wrote:
10 Jun 2023
In looking for those bundles I stumbled across the Sugar Bytes RE bundle:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bundle/sb-re-bundle/

It's sort of the opposite of a sale because it costs money but seems to have no RE's in it.
All these FX and more are in Sugar Bytes' Turnado VST. If there was a Turnado RE I would prefer that but the VST version does a lot of automation under hood.

Jackjackdaw

12 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
11 Jun 2023
dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Jun 2023

Do you have Waves Flow Motion? I picked it up a while back on a buy-one-get-one-free deal, wasn't expecting to be blown away but it's crazy good
Nope, I am strictly RE, as much as possible. The few VST plugins I still use are slowly being replaced with RE alternatives or removed from my workflow. Hence, me hoping to pick some things up at sale prices :puf_bigsmile:

As for FM, I think I'm nicely provided with PX-7, Zero, Algoritm and RYM2612. Still eyeballing FM4 though :puf_smile:
I admire this pursuit of ideological purity (in regards to music software if not other aspects of life). The best I can do is limit myself to four manufactures. Reason, Steinberg, Arturia and PSP. And if I was to go stone cold loyal I would probably have to fall on the Steinberg side of the fence. But then I want to be able to open all of my old projects so i need the others installed anyway!

ambi

12 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
Anyone (devs?) have any information about this bash sale happening or not. It seemed the UJAM and JP sales were announced maybe too early, but now it is completely unclear what's happening (or not) :?:
The fact that none of the devs answered makes me believe that there is indeed a sale around the corner that noone is allowed to talk about. My guess is it starts next Monday. Maybe even Friday.

crimsonwarlock

12 Jun 2023

Jackjackdaw wrote:
12 Jun 2023
I admire this pursuit of ideological purity (in regards to music software if not other aspects of life).
For me, it's not ideological at all. It is pure functional efficiency. A few years back, I had to re-install dozens of commercial/bought VST-plugins with all kinds of separate installers and sometimes pretty involved licensing schemes (after a MS-initiated system crash on my DAW). This took me over a week, and I'm talking workdays here. I decided then and there to get rid of all the different licensing stuff. This meant basically using only freeware VST plugins, which was very much doable. After completely switching to Reason, I decided to go the RE-only route, so re-installing a system, either after a crash or moving to new hardware, would simply be handled by the Reason system.

I'm now in the process of moving any old project that has some meaning to me, over to Reason, as I also have my share of projects missing stuff because it is no longer available. For me, Reason has the best promise (of all DAWs) of my Reason projects loading in the future, as every RE that ever existed is still working in every new Reason version.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

crimsonwarlock

12 Jun 2023

ambi wrote:
12 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
Anyone (devs?) have any information about this bash sale happening or not. It seemed the UJAM and JP sales were announced maybe too early, but now it is completely unclear what's happening (or not) :?:
The fact that none of the devs answered makes me believe that there is indeed a sale around the corner that noone is allowed to talk about. My guess is it starts next Monday. Maybe even Friday.
Yep. It is really strange that a few devs announced a sale, and then... didn't :shock:

Let's hope for a sale soon. I need to burn some cash :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

strangers
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2023

Looks like the sale has resurfaced through June 27.

crimsonwarlock

20 Jun 2023

strangers wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Looks like the sale has resurfaced through June 27.
Yep :puf_smile:
-------

challism

20 Jun 2023

Only seven days to make your decisions/purchases.

I'm definitely getting some Kuassa amps since they are finally on sale for 50%. Matchlock (Fender), Caliburn (Marshall), and Lancaster (Vox) will soon be mine! I already have Vermillion, Creme and Cerberus. I think those 6 will be more than enough for my needs. Does anybody know how Kuassa comes up with their names for these amps? They don't seem related to the amps they are emulating at all. Why not Lox, Carshall and Mender instead?

I'll probably pick up Ekss Ouroboros now that it's finally 50% off. I trialed it way back when and I liked it, but have been waiting for it to go on sale. Looks like the time to get it is upon me.

Thanks for the freebie, LoveOne. I've long wondered about BZR-1. Now it's mine to figure out. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

crimsonwarlock

20 Jun 2023

challism wrote:
20 Jun 2023
I'm definitely getting some Kuassa amps since they are finally on sale for 50%. Matchlock (Fender), Caliburn (Marshall), and Lancaster (Vox) will soon be mine! I already have Vermillion, Creme and Cerberus. I think those 6 will be more than enough for my needs.
Oooh yes. I just got Lancaster, as that was the last one on my wishlist. The ones I already had are the ones you named here :thumbup:
-------

challism

20 Jun 2023

Fender, Vox and Marshall are pretty much essential. I also really like Cerberus and highly recommend it. I've gotten kind of "meh" about Vermillian over the years - probably just bored with it's sound. And I've been pretty meh about Creme since I got it, but at the time, they were the only two Kuassa amps in the shop. I'm really excited to have these 3 new amps in my rack. I all three of them sound fantastic. I'm going to pass on the MegaBoogie and Orange (for now).

Public service reminder: Remember, you can put these amps on anything, not just guitar. They are great effects units for synths, bass or anything else you might want to experiment running into them.

strangers
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2023

I wanted to like the Kuassa amps but they didn't really mesh with me. It'd be cool to see more amp sims in the RE format since there's a large void. The Softube RE amp sims are forgettable which is a shame because their VST amp sims are really good.

Loque

20 Jun 2023

strangers wrote:
20 Jun 2023
I wanted to like the Kuassa amps but they didn't really mesh with me. It'd be cool to see more amp sims in the RE format since there's a large void. The Softube RE amp sims are forgettable which is a shame because their VST amp sims are really good.
With Rev700MKII and the bit amount of distortion units alone in Reason you can create interesting tones. And then there are a bunhc of additional Re in the shop, even for free. And than combine this with EQing and Mid/Side processing. Yea, maybe it is not exactly the tone of fender bla bla, but you can go pretty far with it.

So, what exactly you are looking for?
Reason12, Win10

strangers
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2023

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2023
With Rev700MKII and the bit amount of distortion units alone in Reason you can create interesting tones. And then there are a bunhc of additional Re in the shop, even for free. And than combine this with EQing and Mid/Side processing. Yea, maybe it is not exactly the tone of fender bla bla, but you can go pretty far with it.

I agree, there's plenty of elements to piece together in the RE world. RV7000 IR loading abilities is really convenient, too. A lot of the digital world really falls short in the mic and cab sim department when it comes to amp sims. IR loaders definitely help in that regard. I do like the Kuassa amp sims on synths. They make for good mangling devices although they're still not my first choices. My main instrument has always been guitar so most of this is irrelevant since guitarists are always on a never ending tone search. That's why there's so many amp sim VSTs of the same amps. X sounds great but is missing Y. Maybe they'll get it right with X.2. Rinse and repeat :lol: and take our money with each release.

On the non-amp front, there's some nice sales on Synapse and Ekks REs that caught my eye. Time to trial some REs in 7 days.

huggermugger

20 Jun 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
10 Jun 2023
crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 Jun 2023
I'm a FM-synthesis junkie
Do you have Waves Flow Motion? I picked it up a while back on a buy-one-get-one-free deal, wasn't expecting to be blown away but it's crazy good
Flow Motion is a favourite. I love their approach to an FM interface, the UI is in general very well done, and the motion sequencer rocks.

Loque

20 Jun 2023

strangers wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2023

I agree, there's plenty of elements to piece together in the RE world. RV7000 IR loading abilities is really convenient, too. A lot of the digital world really falls short in the mic and cab sim department when it comes to amp sims. IR loaders definitely help in that regard. I do like the Kuassa amp sims on synths. They make for good mangling devices although they're still not my first choices. My main instrument has always been guitar so most of this is irrelevant since guitarists are always on a never ending tone search. That's why there's so many amp sim VSTs of the same amps. X sounds great but is missing Y. Maybe they'll get it right with X.2. Rinse and repeat :lol: and take our money with each release.

On the non-amp front, there's some nice sales on Synapse and Ekks REs that caught my eye. Time to trial some REs in 7 days.
Does that mean it is just GAS? 😂
Reason12, Win10

hamsterfactor

21 Jun 2023

Does anyone care to wager a guess if/when Echobode will be on sale [again]?

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... y-shifter/
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2023

hamsterfactor wrote:
21 Jun 2023

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... y-shifter/
Never. They don’t do sales. The only time it was lower was when it was on intro way back in the day. Occasionally they give a percentage of the cost price to charity. Only chance of getting it cheaper is if you’ve got the Bitspeek RE/ VST and write to them. You’ll have to make do with the VST though which in my opinion is better and has an added Smear control.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

strangers
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2023

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Caught me red handed. Guess I can't buy more physical amps to add to the several that have been sitting in storage. REs and plugins only take up SSD space making them easier to collect. Back to scrolling through the Reason sale.

Anyone use Rob Papen's BIT? Really don't need another synth but can't help being shopped by a good sale or two or ten.

hamsterfactor

21 Jun 2023

Thanks, I‘ll go check out the VST. :thumbs_up:
MrFigg wrote:
21 Jun 2023

Never. They don’t do sales. The only time it was lower was when it was on intro way back in the day. Occasionally they give a percentage of the cost price to charity. Only chance of getting it cheaper is if you’ve got the Bitspeek RE/ VST and write to them. You’ll have to make do with the VST though which in my opinion is better and has an added Smear control.
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

challism

21 Jun 2023

strangers wrote:
21 Jun 2023
Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Caught me red handed. Guess I can't buy more physical amps to add to the several that have been sitting in storage. REs and plugins only take up SSD space making them easier to collect. Back to scrolling through the Reason sale.

Anyone use Rob Papen's BIT? Really don't need another synth but can't help being shopped by a good sale or two or ten.
ha ha, busted for GAS.. then continues with more GAS

crimsonwarlock

21 Jun 2023

hamsterfactor wrote:
21 Jun 2023
I don't think it will go on sale for the foreseeable future (or ever), so I bought it at the regular price not too long ago :puf_smile:
strangers wrote:
21 Jun 2023
I also didn't need another synth (except Objekt :puf_bigsmile: ), but I did buy BIT a while ago, and it is excellent sounding with a distinct character. It went straight into the project I was working on. Definitely a great addition to my setup.
-------

rorystorm

21 Jun 2023

I got BIT recently too. Its pretty great, and not as much feature bloat as some of the other Papen synths.

crimsonwarlock

22 Jun 2023

This sale, so far, I bagged...

- JP Steerpike, rounding out my delays selection.
- JP the Animus, as I didn't have a shimmerverb yet.
- Kuassa Lancaster, the only one amp I didn't have but still wanted. I was waiting for a sale on this one.
- Pads the big box, you can never have too much pads.
- MIDI compressor, nice for some more control, and it is dirt cheap right now.
- Velocity Curve, same as midi comp, but it's a player.
- Analog Sequencer, been eying it for quite some time to do some more early TD-ish stuff.

Still thinking about...

- Auto X compressor, but not sure if I have a use case for it (that I don't have a comp for already).
- Red Queen EQ, same dilemma. But I got Black Knight EQ before, thinking well why not, and it is now my most used EQ.
-------

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
22 Jun 2023
This sale, so far, I bagged...

- JP Steerpike, rounding out my delays selection.
- JP the Animus, as I didn't have a shimmerverb yet.
- Kuassa Lancaster, the only one amp I didn't have but still wanted. I was waiting for a sale on this one.
- Pads the big box, you can never have too much pads.
- MIDI compressor, nice for some more control, and it is dirt cheap right now.
- Velocity Curve, same as midi comp, but it's a player.
- Analog Sequencer, been eying it for quite some time to do some more early TD-ish stuff.

Still thinking about...

- Auto X compressor, but not sure if I have a use case for it (that I don't have a comp for already).
- Red Queen EQ, same dilemma. But I got Black Knight EQ before, thinking well why not, and it is now my most used EQ.
You're still thinking about the Harpsichord. I sense a disturbance in the Force.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information