Objekt song challenge

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

07 Jun 2023

Reason Studios announce Objekt song challenge;

https://reasonstudios.com/blog/objekt-song-challenge/

PhillipOrdonez

07 Jun 2023

Nice! 👍

Loque

07 Jun 2023

Ah...cool... Guess I throw Objekt in and see what comes out. A t-shirt would be a nice win.
Reason12, Win10

Aosta

07 Jun 2023

I am having fun playing with Ojeckt, might have a go for having a go, doubt prizes and fame will be coming my way though :lol:
Tend the flame

summon.exe

07 Jun 2023

i'll do it if i have time

challism

07 Jun 2023

I need a new T shirt. I suppose the pins could be used on the holes in my old T shirts.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

strangers
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2023

I haven't trialed Objekt yet so this gives me another reason to give it a spin. The rules are somewhat vague.

When they say, "use Objekt as the ONLY instrument." does that mean only one instance of Objekt or the only RE to be used is Objekt with however many instances? Same question for effects... Is "other effects" limited to REs, limited to Reason REs or open to anything including VST effects?

Faastwalker

08 Jun 2023

strangers wrote:
07 Jun 2023
When they say, "use Objekt as the ONLY instrument." does that mean only one instance of Objekt or the only RE to be used is Objekt with however many instances?

Same question for effects... Is "other effects" limited to REs, limited to Reason REs or open to anything including VST effects?
It's Objekt as the only instrument. You can use as many instances of Objekt as you like.

I'm not clear on effects though. Is it only RE effects? Or can you use VST effects? Or even external effects?

As for audio - You can use any audio, as long as it's processed through Objekt.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2023

I wonder if one could sample Objekt output with Mimic, guess not as Mimic is an instrument :(

jfrichards

11 Jun 2023

This is going to be very good. There are so many deep sounds in Objekt, hundreds not even worked out yet. Perfect for the reason maniacs on this forum. I couldn't help starting with the sound of a band I was in in 1971. Objekt took it in stride.

Reminiscence

13 Jun 2023

Objektief...objekt...will do as I got you...

Steedus
Competition Winner

17 Jun 2023

Hmm was just having a go at this using the trial. I’m mostly a patch user (especially as a starting point) and I’m running into a real lack of (synth style) bass and kick drum patches. This may be difficult.

Loque

17 Jun 2023

Steedus wrote:
17 Jun 2023
Hmm was just having a go at this using the trial. I’m mostly a patch user (especially as a starting point) and I’m running into a real lack of (synth style) bass and kick drum patches. This may be difficult.
WEll, yea, can be different. I dont think Objekt is for every style of music. But i think it has some nice kickdrums and snares. With some adjustment/randomness and EQing it can be used for other styles too. Ofc not for all if Objekt is used alone :-D
Reason12, Win10

Goriila Texas

19 Jun 2023

Yep the diversity in Objekt is slim and so I'm out of this challenge and won't be buying it.

Steedus wrote:
17 Jun 2023

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Jun 2023

So I didn't end up finishing anything for this - just didn't feel very creative lately - but I happened to be checking out some of the entries on the Soundcloud playlist and came across this one which just blew me away. This is totally the sort of thing I wish I could make.

btw, what genre/sub-genre is this? I need more :mrgreen:

No affiliation with the artist, just wanted to give them a shout out on here.

• Information