Idea for player: keyboard view with labels

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

05 Jun 2023

I've been playing with Soundpaint 2.5 and I'm really enjoying how easy it is to add labels to the keyboard.

I was thinking something like this would be a great feature for the Combinator, but then I was thinking it would be very convenient as a player. Check out how it works in Soundpaint:

Would something like this be possible as a player? Or maybe one of the existing keyboard view players could be updated with a label feature like this?

jam-s

05 Jun 2023

Yes, that would be handy as a player. Still the integration Kontakt + a NI keyboard with light guide give you is even more superior. Having proper support for the light guide would be great, but I suppose remote cannot do it (yet?).

WaxTrax

05 Jun 2023

jam-s wrote:
05 Jun 2023
Yes, that would be handy as a player. Still the integration Kontakt + a NI keyboard with light guide give you is even more superior. Having proper support for the light guide would be great, but I suppose remote cannot do it (yet?).
As a Player lover and NI keyboard owner, I want both damn it! :lol:

joeyluck

05 Jun 2023

jam-s wrote:
05 Jun 2023
Kontakt doesn't have labels though, unless I've missed a new feature? I'm on Kontakt 7. They just have color-coded keys, which often don't make sense for me because they also don't reflect a multi and can't be easily edited by the user.

jam-s

05 Jun 2023

Well, there are labels in Kontakt 6 (but those are only displayed when you hover the mouse over the respective key/range). I think those can also be changed/configured, but it might be a more complicated process.

Loque

05 Jun 2023

You can make an image and use it as a Combinator background.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

05 Jun 2023

Loque wrote:
05 Jun 2023
You can make an image and use it as a Combinator background.
Yeah that's what I'm doing now for some new patches, but it's a lot more work and there's also no feedback as to what is being pressed.

MarkTarlton

05 Jun 2023

I like this idea and could find it handy for a few different applications, good stuff Joey!

• Information