Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ryanharlin
Reason Studios

11 May 2023

joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2023
@Ryan I found the easter egg!! (at least this one) Thank you! :lol:

Easter Egg Prize lol.jpg

That’s one of FOUR I put in! Did you think I would make it that easy to find them all?? Two are JoeyLuck-relate and two are Friends references in keeping with your gifs

Ottostrom

11 May 2023

I've been keeping my expectations toned down because I really don't need a dedicated glass pluck synth, but the patches showcased in the tutorial had me super impressed!
Now I'm very excited to start programming it myself :)

Edit:
I just started testing and immediately found a strange behavior which I'm surprised got left in the official release.
After randomizing but not committing the change (pressing OK) I can change patch and the randomization screen stays in this incomplete stage. Then if I press the X while on this new patch it messes up the whole sound, even though the randomization was actually made on the previous one?
Last edited by Ottostrom on 11 May 2023, edited 1 time in total.

PhillipOrdonez

11 May 2023

MrFigg wrote:
10 May 2023
It’s also in the Rewards section if anyone has any points left.
Cries cause no points left ( i think, haven't gotten out of bed)

When did this drop? I was expecting it to drop 9 am CET today 🤨

arnigretar

11 May 2023

Just purchased! Thank you :) Great job everyone. Let's go write some tunes! Brilliant device Props!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

dan_g

11 May 2023

really tempted to get this. i have points for a 25€ off reward. i will demo this for sure! could really be a game changer for instrumentation and sound design.
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Popey
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

Great video from Ryan that gave me a good idea of how it works and I can see a lot of use for this.
Bonus finding out I have enough reward points to save 25 on top of the discounted early price.

Only downside is I have had to go to the office so cannot play with it yet.

As I cannot try it yet is anyone willing to confirm the below points?

1.can you automate the randomizer
2. If using objekt in RRP how would you use samples as an audio in. I cannot think of a way to route it from an audio track in live (appreciate I can probably add the sample to a RRP sampler) but is this feasible without using RRP devices.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Loque

11 May 2023

Popey wrote:
11 May 2023
2. If using objekt in RRP how would you use samples as an audio in. I cannot think of a way to route it from an audio track in live (appreciate I can probably add the sample to a RRP sampler) but is this feasible without using RRP devices.
You can use any audio source, that means also any sampler inside Reason or the RRP.
Just lets say, you through Objekt in a Combinator and add Grain or Kong into the Combinator, but instead of connecting to the mix output you need to connect the sampler's output to the Audio Input of Objekt. Now play both instruments by playing or sending MIDI to the Combinator. That is all.
Reason12, Win10

avasopht
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

This is an interesting synth - especially how well it does percussive instruments.

I'm surprised nobody has tried to get it to spit out some convincing vocal tones ...

Key questions:
1. What acoustic instruments does it struggle with?
- a. Can it at least do a decent job at making a synthetic sound with a similar character?
2. What acoustic instruments does it do surprisingly well?

I'm also looking forward to seeing acoustic Kontakt instrument libraries built from this.

Popey
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

Loque wrote:
11 May 2023
Popey wrote:
11 May 2023
You can use any audio source, that means also any sampler inside Reason or the RRP.
Just lets say, you through Objekt in a Combinator and add Grain or Kong into the Combinator, but instead of connecting to the mix output you need to connect the sampler's output to the Audio Input of Objekt. Now play both instruments by playing or sending MIDI to the Combinator. That is all.
Thanks Loque. I guess that was my thinking that I could use any RRP device as you can connect the audio in.

I was wondering if you could send stuff from outside of the RRP (eg an audio track in live) but off the top of my head cannot think of any rs device in the rrp that would receive the audio and then be able to patch to the audio in of objekt. It's not a problem as I will just use rs devices for this.

Looking forward to seeing if I can automate the random too as this would be brilliant for subtle changes to Tom's or perc sounds to maintain interest.

I have not even used it yet and I already think it's a big win for rs 😂

visheshl

11 May 2023

Popey wrote:
11 May 2023
Loque wrote:
11 May 2023

Thanks Loque. I guess that was my thinking that I could use any RRP device as you can connect the audio in.

I was wondering if you could send stuff from outside of the RRP (eg an audio track in live) but off the top of my head cannot think of any rs device in the rrp that would receive the audio and then be able to patch to the audio in of objekt. It's not a problem as I will just use rs devices for this.

Looking forward to seeing if I can automate the random too as this would be brilliant for subtle changes to Tom's or perc sounds to maintain interest.

I have not even used it yet and I already think it's a big win for rs 😂
Hmm, i don't remember how i did it,but i think i have previously used the reason vocoder in live...which means this should work too...not too sure yet, let me get the trial of objekt. Will confirm if external audio works with objekt in Ableton.

Edit : there's no trial for objekt it seems ?

Popey
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

Hmm, i don't remember how i did it,but i think i have previously used the reason vocoder in live...which means this should work too...not too sure yet, let me get the trial of objekt. Will confirm if external audio works with objekt in Ableton.
[/quote]

That would be cool if you could. I am going to try once I finish work too. Appreciate the response 👍

challism

11 May 2023

ha ha ha ha Metallica's St. Anger snare drum joke

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

moalla

11 May 2023

Will their be a option for rent to own Objekt in the next time?
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

motuscott

11 May 2023

So very cool. Plus intro discount! Plus you can use reward points! Extra very cool.
Home run!
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Kilsane

11 May 2023

A small article in the Reason studios blog
https://reasonstudios.com/blog/synthesi ... nthesizer/

Heigen5

11 May 2023

Tried it off a bit, - a very cool instrument. It can do distorted guitars as well in a very good manner. Reason+ here, so it's free for me.

Jagwah

11 May 2023

Looks cool congrats to those involved in the release, should be interesting!

joeyluck

11 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
11 May 2023
joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2023
@Ryan I found the easter egg!! (at least this one) Thank you! :lol:

Easter Egg Prize lol.jpg

That’s one of FOUR I put in! Did you think I would make it that easy to find them all?? Two are JoeyLuck-relate and two are Friends references in keeping with your gifs
Lol awesome!! I figured it might not be the only one haha. Looking forward to searching for these later!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

Anybody tried it on guitar?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

11 May 2023

Wow...looks like RS put a lot of attention to detail when they design this thing. Look at the different scratches on the knobs or the material of the synth...

2023-05-11 15_56_50-Learn Physical Modeling Synthesis with Objekt from Reason Studios - YouTube.jpg
2023-05-11 15_56_50-Learn Physical Modeling Synthesis with Objekt from Reason Studios - YouTube.jpg (119.64 KiB) Viewed 6270 times
Reason12, Win10

Gamano

11 May 2023

Hi,
is it possible to upload your own sounds (eg wav files) into Objekt? One video suggested that you could - but I can't see how??
Thanks

EnochLight

11 May 2023

avasopht wrote:
11 May 2023
2. What acoustic instruments does it do surprisingly well?
Drums/percussive and strings like stand up bass and guitar (far better than Friktion IMHO). Metallic/glass as well.
moalla wrote:
11 May 2023
Will their be a option for rent to own Objekt in the next time?
There already is:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/plus/subscriber
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

_andreypetr_

11 May 2023

Now I'm trying to mess with Dispersion module aiming similar to Friktion Harmonics sounding for some flute sounds. Can someone give any advices?

jfrichards

11 May 2023

MrFigg wrote:
11 May 2023
Oh yeah! It's wonderful, so deep you can feel it way inside.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 May 2023

jfrichards wrote:
11 May 2023
MrFigg wrote:
11 May 2023
Oh yeah! It's wonderful, so deep you can feel it way inside.
Maaaaaaaaan!!!! Why d’you have to go and say that? Maaaaaaan!!!!!! :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information