Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
aeox
Competition Winner

26 May 2023

Objekt fun!

ljekio

27 May 2023

raymondh wrote:
26 May 2023

I figure a workaround is to sequence the Odyssey from a midi lane and then use the same midi lane to double track Objekt to it, much in the way we would use a vocoder.
This is the best way, but sometimes can try to build a pitch detector (based on Neptune, Beatspeak or something like that).
Of course, there will not be high detection accuracy, but this may be suitable for live.

raymondh

27 May 2023

ljekio wrote:
27 May 2023
raymondh wrote:
26 May 2023

I figure a workaround is to sequence the Odyssey from a midi lane and then use the same midi lane to double track Objekt to it, much in the way we would use a vocoder.
This is the best way, but sometimes can try to build a pitch detector (based on Neptune, Beatspeak or something like that).
Of course, there will not be high detection accuracy, but this may be suitable for live.
Thanks.
I had a play around with this today.
What I found is that I lost a lot of the character of the analog synth (as an audio input source), and found much more pleasing results simply by using the internal exciter in Objekt, and layering the direct analog synth with an Objekt layer. This especially made a big difference to the transients.

madmacman

27 May 2023

After finding the "Dance Organ" preset (and combining it with Audiomatic "Bottom" preset) I keep playing "Push The Feeling On" for hours.

Please help... :o

selig
RE Developer

27 May 2023

raymondh wrote:
27 May 2023
ljekio wrote:
27 May 2023

Thanks.
What I found is that I lost a lot of the character of the analog synth (as an audio input source), and found much more pleasing results simply by using the internal exciter in Objekt, and layering the direct analog synth with an Objekt layer. This especially made a big difference to the transients.
A typical exciter is just shaped noise, so it won’t necessarily sound “analog” in this context. The advantage of external exciters IMO is for stuff like creating rhythmic effects or spectral effects (where the range of frequencies of the exciter changes even when Objekts pitch does not). This could include using an exciter synth that generates a random filter frequency/Q with every note, or sending a drum machine pattern to trigger the synth while holding notes on Objekt, or just sending that drum machine pattern directly into Objekt. In these cases I’d suggest shutting off the internal exciters entirely.

I don’t think you need a pitch detector since you typically don’t want the exciter’s pitch to be super obvious or it won’t have as much effect in my experience. But you often DO want to have both synths triggered by the same MIDI notes, so putting them in a Combinator is where I start when exploring these options.
Selig Audio, LLC

StephenHutchinson

27 May 2023

selig wrote:
27 May 2023
raymondh wrote:
27 May 2023

Thanks.
A typical exciter is just shaped noise, so it won’t necessarily sound “analog” in this context. The advantage of external exciters IMO is for stuff like creating rhythmic effects or spectral effects (where the range of frequencies of the exciter changes even when Objekts pitch does not). This could include using an exciter synth that generates a random filter frequency/Q with every note, or sending a drum machine pattern to trigger the synth while holding notes on Objekt, or just sending that drum machine pattern directly into Objekt. In these cases I’d suggest shutting off the internal exciters entirely.

I don’t think you need a pitch detector since you typically don’t want the exciter’s pitch to be super obvious or it won’t have as much effect in my experience. But you often DO want to have both synths triggered by the same MIDI notes, so putting them in a Combinator is where I start when exploring these options.
I've gone the Combinator route... for inputs into Objekt. So far I've experimented with Subtractor, Thör, Malström, Grain, Europa, Monotone Bass (super fun!), and Algoritm. What an amazing world of sounds you can create with these combinations.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

raymondh

27 May 2023

selig wrote:
27 May 2023
raymondh wrote:
27 May 2023

Thanks.

Excellent context, and now I "get it", reinvigorated at using the external audio input! Thanks!

PhillipOrdonez

27 May 2023

raymondh wrote:
27 May 2023
selig wrote:
27 May 2023

Excellent context, and now I "get it", reinvigorated at using the external audio input! Thanks!
If you haven't watched the live stream they did a couple of days ago, it was a very inspiring session full of tips and tricks, including the external input. There's a part where Matthias is playing the guitar into the mic to excite objekt, and doing drums with the fingers. Well worth the time watching!

raymondh

27 May 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
27 May 2023
raymondh wrote:
27 May 2023

If you haven't watched the live stream they did a couple of days ago, it was a very inspiring session full of tips and tricks, including the external input. There's a part where Matthias is playing the guitar into the mic to excite objekt, and doing drums with the fingers. Well worth the time watching!
thanks! I'll check it out!

ljekio

28 May 2023

selig wrote:
27 May 2023

For most (tuned) instruments, use as an exciter can cause unwanted resonances with very high peaks. To avoid this, you need to adjust tune of the Objekt too.

Aosta

28 May 2023

I wonder if there are any plans to bring Objekt to IOS? Think it would make a great app though I'm not sure if I read somewhere they have abandoned that area of development.
Tend the flame

scotward57

28 May 2023

Having spent a couple of weeks messing around with Objekt, I think Reason Studios did a great job providing starter templates and the randomizer is helpful in getting variations. Still I'd like to learn more about what I'm doing. In particular, I'd like resources for understanding physical modeling and why those frequency or feedback delay numbers found in the modal and objekt panels produce the sounds that they do.

Any suggestions?

Faastwalker

28 May 2023

Aosta wrote:
28 May 2023
I wonder if there are any plans to bring Objekt to IOS? Think it would make a great app though I'm not sure if I read somewhere they have abandoned that area of development.
Seems unlikely. Not much happening on the iOS front for a while from RS unfortunately. But, They did make Europa into a VST plug-in. Maybe an Objekt VST might happen? Seems to be a good amount of interest outside of Reason circles for Objekt.

jam-s

29 May 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
28 May 2023
Aosta wrote:
28 May 2023
Seems unlikely. Not much happening on the iOS front for a while from RS unfortunately. But, They did make Europa into a VST plug-in. Maybe an Objekt VST might happen? Seems to be a good amount of interest outside of Reason circles for Objekt.
Fixed it for you:

But, They did make Europa into a VST plug-in and discontinued it quite shortly after, so an Objekt VST seems unlikely to happen.

Faastwalker

30 May 2023

Great new video from Adam Fielding on Objekt patch creation;

Whoopdee

01 Jun 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
30 May 2023

summon.exe

01 Jun 2023

Whoopdee wrote:
01 Jun 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
30 May 2023

:lol:

Whoopdee

01 Jun 2023

summon.exe wrote:
01 Jun 2023
Whoopdee wrote:
01 Jun 2023

:lol:
Oso! <3

Faastwalker

07 Jun 2023

Reason Studios announce Objekt song challenge;

https://reasonstudios.com/blog/objekt-song-challenge/

PhillipOrdonez

07 Jun 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
07 Jun 2023
Reason Studios announce Objekt song challenge;

https://reasonstudios.com/blog/objekt-song-challenge/

Deserves it's own thread

Faastwalker

07 Jun 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
07 Jun 2023
Deserves it's own thread
Okay. Done :thumbup:

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2023

This device is incredible. The amount of time in the past which I've spent trying to make sounds more natural is immeasurable.
With Objekt, it supercharges my workflow because it already has a very nice "natural" sound with little effort.
I've always been distant from using samples unless absolutely needed and because of that, I find great pleasure in creating sounds with Objekt. No need to tote around massive sample libraries and keeping Reason project file sizes extremely small.
The mod matrix is the icing on the cake <3

Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this thing to fruition!

_andreypetr_

11 Jun 2023

Is there a place where we can share and exchange Objekt patches? This is very interesting to explore and discuss ideas

SebAudio

03 Jul 2023

ljekio wrote:
20 Jun 2023
127k views :clap:
Thanx for posting, amazing !

• Information