Objekt has arrived!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Billy+

08 Jul 2023

I wonder if Reason Studios was aware that the name of this device has been used by a dj for years.......

EnochLight

08 Jul 2023

Billy+ wrote:
08 Jul 2023
I wonder if Reason Studios was aware that the name of this device has been used by a dj for years.......
Yes, this has been discussed already.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moalla

24 Jul 2023

Now Objekt could be bought via "rent to own" but this doesn´t work right now for germany. :puf_unhappy:
Really sad, still looking for a nice sax sound and Objekt would be nice for this :cry:
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

mimidancer

25 Jul 2023

Been using Objekt with the DFAM. blending the nasty analog perc from the dfam with the metallic sounds of Objekt sounds amazing. I uses cv to fde around between the two units. The result sounds alive. It's friggin cool. Well at least for this synth nerd.

geronimo

04 Aug 2023

Is there a chance that a user creates a remote map file for the Nektar P series ?

RobBarnett

14 Aug 2023

New YouTube video featuring Objekt.

EnochLight

14 Aug 2023

RobBarnett wrote:
14 Aug 2023

It was cool to see Ben feature Objekt, and he seems to feel pretty warm about it. That said, I was a little shocked when he (at first) claimed it wasn't available as a VST3 inside of any DAW. I was like... Ben... what rock have you been living under for the past 4 years?!!! :lol: But then he re-covered and realized later that yes - RRP is a thing. He wasn't impressed with Objekt's guitars, but I'm of the understanding that Karplus–Strong physically modelling isn't great for that (good for hammered or plucked string or some types of percussion, but not the sort of strings in a guitar or violin, etc).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rorystorm

14 Aug 2023

EnochLight wrote:
14 Aug 2023
RobBarnett wrote:
14 Aug 2023

It was cool to see Ben feature Objekt, and he seems to feel pretty warm about it. That said, I was a little shocked when he (at first) claimed it wasn't available as a VST3 inside of any DAW. I was like... Ben... what rock have you been living under for the past 4 years?!!! :lol: But then he re-covered and realized later that yes - RRP is a thing. He wasn't impressed with Objekt's guitars, but I'm of the understanding that Karplus–Strong physically modelling isn't great for that (good for hammered or plucked string or some types of percussion, but not the sort of strings in a guitar or violin, etc).
Yeah I was surprised he didn't cover Friktion as well. Its not my deal personally but its pretty good. Hideous ui tho.

Really liked his karplus strong patch in vcv rack. I'm gonna try it out.

SebAudio

15 Aug 2023

rorystorm wrote:
14 Aug 2023
EnochLight wrote:
14 Aug 2023

Yeah I was surprised he didn't cover Friktion as well. Its not my deal personally but its pretty good. Hideous ui tho.

Really liked his karplus strong patch in vcv rack. I'm gonna try it out.
At least, he’d shown Reason ! But yeah, anybody who’s not aware of Reason the VST isn’t going to strike.
Ryan has made a comment but it’s buried in the thread.

ambi

15 Aug 2023

Just watched it. I like this guy but why do Youtuber's often, without having access to any numbers, try to teach companies how to run their businesses?
Asking RS to release all their synths in VST format would be equal to asking Bitwig to release the Grid as VST or asking Nintendo to release Super Mario and Zelda for XBox, Playstation and PC or asking Apple to make their App Store & Apps compatible with Android.
Without the exclusivity that Reason offers it's customers, it would probably die very quickly and I know people who bought Reason just to be able to use the Rack Plugin.

crimsonwarlock

15 Aug 2023

ambi wrote:
15 Aug 2023
Asking RS to release all their synths in VST format would be equal to asking Bitwig to release the Grid as VST or asking Nintendo to release Super Mario and Zelda for XBox, Playstation and PC or asking Apple to make their App Store & Apps compatible with Android.
Without the exclusivity that Reason offers it's customers, it would probably die very quickly and I know people who bought Reason just to be able to use the Rack Plugin.
This!
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

RobBarnett

15 Aug 2023

Rather than releasing as VSTs, they could release a free or cheap empty RRP and let users just buy the device(s) they want. This guy could then just get access to Objekt

selig
RE Developer

15 Aug 2023

RobBarnett wrote:
15 Aug 2023
Rather than releasing as VSTs, they could release a free or cheap empty RRP and let users just buy the device(s) they want. This guy could then just get access to Objekt
Oh crap, we’ve fallen into a time loop…
viewtopic.php?p=644550#p644550
Selig Audio, LLC

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2023

selig wrote:
15 Aug 2023
RobBarnett wrote:
15 Aug 2023
To be fair the fact it comes up so often means it surely is worth consideration by rs.

I have made the suggestion in the past but now it is like fight club - I may think it, but never say it in public 😂

DaveyG

15 Aug 2023

Hehe. The first rule of the Empty RRP club is...

Jackjackdaw

15 Aug 2023

selig wrote:
15 Aug 2023
RobBarnett wrote:
15 Aug 2023

SebAudio

15 Aug 2023

Popey wrote:
15 Aug 2023
selig wrote:
15 Aug 2023

To be fair the fact it comes up so often means it surely is worth consideration by rs.
Exactly ! And as every « open oriented » evolution of Reason, it’ll take years and arrive with no plume

ab459

11 Sep 2023

No info when will be next sale ? Damn missed intro

dvdrtldg

11 Sep 2023

November probably. Black Friday

ab459

12 Sep 2023

Ok tnx will see.

Mattvank

15 Mar 2024

Finally Object arrive in my Rack too🙂. Never been so exicited to own a Device
That presets are really cool. Nearly everything Sounds so unreal and real too.

Well done,Props!

• Information