Elektron Style Player?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Crumbfort

04 Apr 2023

Hey all!

This is something I've been musing about quite a bit recently. Would anyone (besides myself) be interested in an Elektron sequencer style player?

I'm not even sure if such a thing is possible in the RE/player format, but I always come back to thinking that this would be absolutely PERFECT in the reason rack.

A few things that make the Elektron sequencer (in general) stand out for me:

-Parameter locking
-Conditional Triggers
-Trigless Triggers
-Slide Triggers (slew between stepped values)
-Individual track lengths/speeds

I'm not a programmer, and I likely am completely naive about the complexities involved in creating such a thing, but... I can't stop thinking about it!

The idea would be to make this extremely playable with a midi keyboard/controller. Perhaps each track could have it's own octave(s) separated zones on the KB, and you could hold down a key (a step in the sequencer) and twist a midi knob/fader to write parameter locks and such.

I don't know, I have many (probably TOO many :lol: ) thoughts about this.

What do you folks think?
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

deeplink
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2023

So I was actually inspired by the Digitakt to try make something similar - however I could only make a monophonic version.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7527921

I don't think a player device would suffice, rather it would need to be a multi-sampler quick access to different variations.

To wire up CV to control lots of varying parameters could be a bit of a hack.

That said, the closest thing to your requirements to is probably a Robitic Bean's Seqeuncer
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Crumbfort

04 Apr 2023

deeplink wrote:
04 Apr 2023
So I was actually inspired by the Digitakt to try make something similar - however I could only make a monophonic version.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=7527921

I don't think a player device would suffice, rather it would need to be a multi-sampler quick access to different variations.

To wire up CV to control lots of varying parameters could be a bit of a hack.

That said, the closest thing to your requirements to is probably a Robitic Bean's Seqeuncer
This is SUPER cool, well done!! I'm definitely gonna give it a spin.

The player I'm imagining would be specifically for sequencing: note/gate/cv(or CC, if we want to think in those terms). No sound generation or sampling on it's own. Perhaps this could make the project simpler? Hrmm...
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

PhillipOrdonez

04 Apr 2023

If sequencing is all you're after, robotic bean sequences gets you conditional trigs for note and gate. It does have CV outs but i haven't messed with them and don't think they do conditional trigs

Crumbfort

06 Apr 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
04 Apr 2023
If sequencing is all you're after, robotic bean sequences gets you conditional trigs for note and gate. It does have CV outs but i haven't messed with them and don't think they do conditional trigs
Sequences is indeed great (I own it and love it) but sadly it's fairly limited step CV wise and doesn't scratch that elektron/tracker style itch.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of interest! Perhaps I'll have to pick up some rudimentary programming skills... :D

• Information