I got charged for 4 RE's and only got 2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ortxedys

28 Mar 2023

Ok so i've supported the RE format for a while now and ran into a bit of an issue. I bought Algoritm, Friktion, Anoma, and Photon Particle Splitter. Both Photon and Anoma are not in my account. They still got my money though. Anybody ran into this issue? I did contact RS support. Just waiting on their response.

dvdrtldg

28 Mar 2023

If you haven't already tried it, go to My Account --> My Products --> Rack Extensions and hit the SYNC ALL button. That might make the missing ones appear

ortxedys

29 Mar 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
28 Mar 2023
If you haven't already tried it, go to My Account --> My Products --> Rack Extensions and hit the SYNC ALL button. That might make the missing ones appear
I’ve tried the sync all button multiple times. Both Anoma and Photon are not in the “rack extension” section of “my products”. First time I’m perplexed by an issue with Reason. I’m pretty good about troubleshooting. Currently using the trial versions until the matter is fixed.

challism

29 Mar 2023

The obvious thing to say here (and I'm sure you've already done it) is to contact RS support and they can sort it out. But before you submit a ticket and use up their resources you should check a few things.

Are the REs showing up on your "orders" page?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/orders

Did you get a receipt emailed to you after the purchase?

And you said the REs are NOT showing up in your "my products" page? I don't mean to ask stupid question or give basic advice (like try restarting your computer and Reason), but are you sure you are clicking the "Rack Extension" tab?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/rackextensions

If you are trialing the 2 REs, they should be showing up in this list (it should have some red font that says when it expires). Is that the case or are they not showing up at all?
RE.png
RE.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 420 times
What happens when you go to the shop page for these REs? Do they say "already tried" at the top right (near the "buy now" button)?

You could also go into your Rack Extension folder and manually delete the folders for these REs. You might even try deleting any index/cache/temp file so Authorizer has to write a new one. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

Also, did you try restarting your computer? ;)
I hope you and RS get it sorted out soon.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ortxedys

29 Mar 2023

challism wrote:
29 Mar 2023
The obvious thing to say here (and I'm sure you've already done it) is to contact RS support and they can sort it out. But before you submit a ticket and use up their resources you should check a few things.

Are the REs showing up on your "orders" page?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/orders

Did you get a receipt emailed to you after the purchase?

And you said the REs are NOT showing up in your "my products" page? I don't mean to ask stupid question or give basic advice (like try restarting your computer and Reason), but are you sure you are clicking the "Rack Extension" tab?
https://www.reasonstudios.com/user/rackextensions

If you are trialing the 2 REs, they should be showing up in this list (it should have some red font that says when it expires). Is that the case or are they not showing up at all?
RE.png

What happens when you go to the shop page for these REs? Do they say "already tried" at the top right (near the "buy now" button)?

You could also go into your Rack Extension folder and manually delete the folders for these REs. You might even try deleting any index/cache/temp file so Authorizer has to write a new one. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

Also, did you try restarting your computer? ;)
I hope you and RS get it sorted out soon.
I’ve tried all the obvious. I actually did receive a receipt and the money is pending on the account. That’s why I even decided to take it this far. Friktion and Algoritm show up on my product page as if I purchased them. Anoma and Proton dont (though I still got charged for them and got emailed a receipt). They only showed up when I trialed them but even then it’s a limited time and they still have my money for them. Im being slightly impatient but it just seems like I got lucky with some sort of glitch. It’s my first issue with the RE system. But I’m giving it the benefit of the doubt..

I appreciate the advice. Learned something I didn’t know about as far as clearing the cache goes. But it seems like the issue is on RS end, not mine.

doze

29 Mar 2023

If you have a receipt for them, it should be no problem.

challism

29 Mar 2023

ortxedys wrote:
29 Mar 2023
Very strange, indeed. I wonder what's going on with your account.

Sorry to point out all the obvious stuff. You just never know if someone maybe overlooked something.
Well it's good you have the receipt. I'm sure RSHQ will get you sorted out soon. At least you can trial them until it gets worked out. Souldn't be a problem for very long. They'll take care of you.
ortxedys wrote:
29 Mar 2023
Learned something I didn’t know about as far as clearing the cache goes.
Yeah, that cache is a good trick to know. Sometimes the files in the RE folder start taking up unneeded space (I've found that some don't always delete themselves, as they should).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information