Studio Corbach gone from the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
NoisiaTHX

25 Aug 2023

No, in the end there was only the bundle with the Elemental instruments, which then also disappeared. The two RE are currently listed as new and there was no update.
Screenshot 2023-08-25 115358.jpg
Screenshot 2023-08-25 115358.jpg (21.98 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

gbuck

25 Aug 2023

I just took a trip to the Mixfood Music website and it appears to have all their synths advertised for sale. I had all but two in my arsenal. I just might buy the missing ones while they're available.

gbuck

25 Aug 2023

Well, maybe not. I clicked buy, and it sent me to a 404 in the Reason shop! Curses, foiled again.

sublunar

18 Sep 2023

Don't mean to resurrect a dead horse or stir up any drama but wanted to clarify a semi-recent conversation.

challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
It is truly disheartening when a dev won't fix bugs.
Indeed it is.
challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
That seems to be more of the exception rather than the rule when it comes to REs.
Pretty safe to assume, yes.
challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
I don't think it's fair to throw the whole platform under the bus because McDSP refuse to fix their bugs.
I think you may have misinterpreted the intended message of my previous comments, or I worded them poorly. This is the only reason I decided to revive this thread; I have tons of respect for most of the RE devs. You guys are devoting time and resources to create quality contributions to the unique Reason ecosystem. Considering Reason's previous "no VST" stance of years gone by: without your RE's, Reason wouldn't have become what it is today. You guys helped build arguably the best (most fun anyway) DAW on the market.

To clarify, my prior negativity was entirely with the bigger RE dev's who dabbled with the platform only to effectively abandon it (after taking our money). But this is at least as much of an indictment of Reason Studio's lack of quality control insofar as testing and verifying the RE's they allowed into their walled garden.

The trust I had in Reason's ecosystem has suffered as a result. The bad dev's and Reason Studios are equally to blame for providing buggy content in the shop. If you can't trust that the RE's are going to be bug free (or at least subsequently fixed when bugs are reported), then.. what good is the walled garden approach? When trust erodes, the whole thing suffers and the collateral damage then spills onto otherwise great RE devs due to the decrease in overall sales on the platform.

In my opinion, Reason studios has an obligation in these types of situations to step up and put these devs against the wall and do something like freeze payments until they fix their RE's or else be removed from the shop. Reason Studio's inaction on such matters is the heart of the problem and the cause of the erosion of my trust.

My issue is not with the platform itself and as I said previously:
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
I've never been disappointed by any RE's from a variety of devs such as T2on, Jiggery Pokery, Selig, etc.
challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
And don't even get me started on issues with VSTs. That platform is full of buggy software that gets abandoned and discontinued.
Indeed it is, but they're not tied to any DAW as a part of/representative of that ecosystem. One big selling point for me for Reason was its walled garden. I didn't want to have to deal with VSTs and Reason provided a pretty cool alternative.
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
Why continue to buy RE's when they can just disappear or have known bugs and never be fixed?
challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
I'm not sure if you understand how REs work. Once you buy them, they are yours FOREVER. Regardless of availability in the shop. You can still download them and use them. So your question implodes into itself.
You seem to have gotten a little overly defensive here. I do, in fact, understand how RE's work. Those that I bought are mine FOREVER, and the broken ones will apparently be broken FOREVER, too! That was kinda the point of my rant and I'm not seeing the part where my statement "imploded into itself"..
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
I haven't bought any RE's in several years now. Just gonna stick to what I have and what comes bundled with Reason.
challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
That sucks. You've been missing out.
Not really. I've actually bought a ton of RE's. Including the Mix and Mastering Bundle. Lots of great Jiggery Pokery RE's and other stuff. But I wasn't thoroughly testing every single purchase immediately after purchasing, so once I started to find some issues, I put the brakes on the careless spending. Now I have Arturia's V and FX collections. And SD3. I'm actually pretty content at this point.
sublunar wrote:
28 Jul 2023
But a few bad apples have soured the whole thing for me.
challism wrote:
29 Jul 2023
That's a choice you have made and accepted. I don't think it is very reasonable.
When a shop offers faulty products (mixed in with all the other quality stuff) but doesn't do anything to fix them, it's actually.. extremely reasonable to reconsider/halt future purchases.

• Information