The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MattiasHG
Reason Studios

09 May 2023

Steedus wrote:
09 May 2023
Can't wait! This, Tears of the Kingdom and becoming a home owner all in the span of a couple of days. Fun times!
I'm still irrationally angry Superbooth overlaps with Tears of the Kingdom release :|

avasopht
Competition Winner

09 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
09 May 2023
Steedus wrote:
09 May 2023
Can't wait! This, Tears of the Kingdom and becoming a home owner all in the span of a couple of days. Fun times!
I'm still irrationally angry Superbooth overlaps with Tears of the Kingdom release :|
👀

I've still got to get through Breath of the Wild, but this is good motivation to complete it.

Faastwalker

09 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
09 May 2023
Steedus wrote:
09 May 2023
I've not idea what 'Tears of the Kingdom' means. But it's Objeckt and Superbooth time in two days from now, so little else matters!! :D

Quarmat
Competition Winner

09 May 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2023
I've not idea what 'Tears of the Kingdom' means.
ill give you a hint:

buddard
RE Developer

09 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
09 May 2023
Steedus wrote:
09 May 2023
I'm going to be overcoming my Superbooth blues by attending a launch event with my kids on Thursday night :D

arnigretar

09 May 2023

Exciting stuff. Great to have a new synth in the rack - and even better it's made by the Props! Patches sound fine and all - but I'm more excited about diving into it myself :) And then get some Ryan-isq tutorial with some Californian-Swedish humour which makes life better. Being a Reason user is good these days. Well, have been good. Great -- these days! 90-120 euros is a good price as well for us perp's. Bring on thursday!
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

Faastwalker

09 May 2023

Quarmat wrote:
09 May 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2023
I've not idea what 'Tears of the Kingdom' means.
ill give you a hint:

I still don’t know! :shock:

Popey
Competition Winner

09 May 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
09 May 2023
Quarmat wrote:
09 May 2023

ill give you a hint:

I still don’t know! :shock:
I think they are referring to a new legend of zelda game.

I would not have had a clue either if my youngest boy had not asked for it for his switch.

Faastwalker

10 May 2023

Popey wrote:
09 May 2023

I would not have had a clue either if my youngest boy had not asked for it for his switch.
Ah, I see. I thought it was a new prog rock album or something ........... from Swedish rockers 'Tears of the Kingdom'!! :?

Steedus
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

Haha sorry, yes, it's a follow up to a huge Nintendo game. In my circle the name is infamous so I forget that it could be meaningless to other people ha. Just happens to be launching on the 11th too.

buddard
RE Developer

10 May 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
10 May 2023
Popey wrote:
09 May 2023

Ah, I see. I thought it was a new prog rock album or something ........... from Swedish rockers 'Tears of the Kingdom'!! :?
Hmm, I think we might have to start a prog rock band at the office now.

Faastwalker

10 May 2023

buddard wrote:
10 May 2023
Faastwalker wrote:
10 May 2023

Hmm, I think we might have to start a prog rock band at the office now.
Please don't!! :D (adult language warning :shock: ) Prog Rock, along with Country music, are like Kryptonite to me!! :crazy:

.............. back on track - Here in Australia it's the 11th May in less than 6 hours!!

Man, If I knew it was going out at midnight AEST I'd be burning the midnight oil tonight. Way into the early hours.

Popey
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

Faastwalker asks a good question and does anyone know what time new devices are usually released if there is a standard time.

Really looking forward to seeing if this type of synthesis is for me and hoping to have a play with it prior to Ryan's video dropping so I am at least a bit familiar with it before he teaches us.

Faastwalker

10 May 2023

Popey wrote:
10 May 2023
Faastwalker asks a good question and does anyone know what time new devices are usually released if there is a standard time.
I think it’s Sweden time, 11th May, start of working day(ish). But, if they were feeling nice, they could do it on NZ time. Like the first place on NYE where the fireworks go off! Everyone would be happy :D But, realistically, it will be nearer the 12th for us in this part of the globe :?

Popey
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
10 May 2023
I think it’s Sweden time, 11th May, start of working day(ish). But, if they were feeling nice, they could do it on NZ time. Like the first place on NYE where the fireworks go off! Everyone would be happy :D But, realistically, it will be nearer the 12th for us in this part of the globe :?
Thanks. I am in the UK so think it is only an hours time difference to CET.

PhillipOrdonez

10 May 2023

Exciting! 🕜

rorystorm

10 May 2023

But, if they were feeling nice, they could do it on NZ time. Like the first place on NYE where the fireworks go off! Everyone would be happy

yes, it's just on 3 AM on May 11 down here and I'm looking at my laptop like Tiny Bloody Tim at a toyshop window.

Popey
Competition Winner

10 May 2023

rorystorm wrote:
10 May 2023
But, if they were feeling nice, they could do it on NZ time. Like the first place on NYE where the fireworks go off! Everyone would be happy

yes, it's just on 3 AM on May 11 down here and I'm looking at my laptop like Tiny Bloody Tim at a toyshop window.
Ha ha I would be happy with this, earlier the better.

I will be the same tomorrow refreshing the web page every 5 minutes until the demo appears and I can try it 😂.

adfielding

10 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
08 May 2023
I've got a 30 minute tutorial arriving on release that'll fix that for you and everyone else! :puf_bigsmile:
I like to think I managed to get some decent sounds out of Objekt, but my experience with physical modelling synths was pretty darn limited and this video was an excellent primer. Well worth the watch when it's available!

Mataya

10 May 2023

So it's a physical modelling synth? Not that exciting for me. But I do wonder why were those people so ecstatic in the first teaser video, because I've never seen anything like that. Seemed fake as shit.

We'll see.

M

EnochLight

10 May 2023

Mataya wrote:
10 May 2023
But I do wonder why were those people so ecstatic in the first teaser video, because I've never seen anything like that.
It's marketing. Completely normal. If you've never seen anything like that, I'd be curious to know which rock you've been living under for the past several decades. :lol: ;)
adfielding wrote:
10 May 2023
ryanharlin wrote:
08 May 2023
I've got a 30 minute tutorial arriving on release that'll fix that for you and everyone else! :puf_bigsmile:
I like to think I managed to get some decent sounds out of Objekt, but my experience with physical modelling synths was pretty darn limited and this video was an excellent primer. Well worth the watch when it's available!
Wait - you've seen the video already??! :o :|
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

crimsonwarlock

10 May 2023

EnochLight wrote:
10 May 2023
adfielding wrote:
10 May 2023
Wait - you've seen the video already??! :o :|
Of course he has, because...
EnochLight wrote:
10 May 2023
It's marketing. Completely normal.
:puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

EnochLight

10 May 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
10 May 2023
Of course he has, because...
EnochLight wrote:
10 May 2023
It's marketing. Completely normal.
:puf_bigsmile:
I mean, if he's actually in the video... that tracks. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

QVprod

10 May 2023

Mataya wrote:
10 May 2023
So it's a physical modelling synth? Not that exciting for me. But I do wonder why were those people so ecstatic in the first teaser video, because I've never seen anything like that. Seemed fake as shit.

We'll see.

M
Well, if they had recorded the zoom call where they told me about combinator 2, my reaction wasn’t much different. Sometimes it’s the little things…

• Information