The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Tiny Montgomery

05 May 2023

challism wrote:
05 May 2023
moneykube wrote:
05 May 2023

mind blown wow
Yeah. Wow! That guy is really amazing. Beardyman (who oddly doesn't have a beard), kind of leaves me wanting to uninstall Reason and take up painting or something.
I was thinking the same but then the other lesson his method suggests is that any sound can be turned into any sound so lets all stop worrying about it!

Phenomenally talented though and obvious phd level intellect. Can kind of fathom how he has used all that bespoke and off the shelf software and hardware to work together (I guess) but what I cant work out is that lack of latency in it all, which is only accentuated by his obvious musical chops.

If you watch long enough everything crashes which he also copes with quite well.

DaveyG

05 May 2023

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
05 May 2023
If you watch long enough everything crashes which he also copes with quite well.
At least it doesn't burn... :twisted:

But as an earlier post said, I'm also curious as to how it looks in the rack. Maybe RS are getting bored of the whole hardware paradigm thing.

jfrichards

05 May 2023

With Oblekt sm.jpg
With Oblekt sm.jpg (542.85 KiB) Viewed 13975 times
It looks good in my painting program. It'll look amazing in Reason.

jfrichards

06 May 2023

Will the new Objekt work in Reason 10?

SebAudio

06 May 2023

DaveyG wrote:
05 May 2023
But as an earlier post said, I'm also curious as to how it looks in the rack. Maybe RS are getting bored of the whole hardware paradigm thing.

@ 0:41

crimsonwarlock

06 May 2023

SebAudio wrote:
06 May 2023
It is modelled as a desktop (or handheld) device, so tmo it doesn't go well with the rack paradigm.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

callesjonell

06 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
05 May 2023
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
05 May 2023
Market seems absolutely saturated with vintage emulations and the like, RS are on the right track with this and Friktion IMHO.

I'm looking forward to next weeks live stream as much as any TV fan looks forward to a new season of their favourite show, genuinely!
Just so you're not too disappointed: we'll all be at Superbooth next week so a livestream will likely be the week after at the earliest. But there'll be PLENTY of videos and maybe even some nice interviews from Superbooth :geek:
Would love to see the manual published on Thursday!

WOO

06 May 2023

SebAudio wrote:
06 May 2023
DaveyG wrote:
05 May 2023

Gee I wish my computer did that. It takes forever for reason to open on my win 10 box with 32 gigs of ram. It is 10 years old though, from the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth. :lol:

Breach The Sky

07 May 2023

It looks like you can chain all three resonators. Pretty wild to imagine what you can do with all that.

Won't the resonance peaks stack up to insane levels pretty fast though?
How much do the resonators actually react to the exciter/trigger (thinking about the noise-section mainly)?
Can you do hard/dirty sounds -without- the fx-section? (per voice)?

I guess I will find out on thursday, really pumped!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

08 May 2023

Oper-8 wrote:
05 May 2023
MattiasHG wrote:
05 May 2023
we'll all be at Superbooth next week so a livestream will likely be the week after at the earliest. But there'll be PLENTY of videos and maybe even some nice interviews from Superbooth :geek:
It would be a GREAT idea to give us videos (and especially audio samples) BEFORE the release date... Seriously, guys !
Hmm... what's magically appeared here..? https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/objekt/

Oper-8

08 May 2023

YAY, hooray, finally ! Thanks a lot !
Well, well, well... Those factory patches sound yummy ! A few sounds remind me of plucky textures you can get with Friktion - which is great, of course.
Can't wait to try it out ! Looks like this device is going to keep us busy for months...
And, errr - any chance for a nice intro discount price, maybe ? (like, for *cough* long-time users *cough*)
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023
Hmm... what's magically appeared here..? https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/objekt/
The demos sound great. :thumbs_up: I'm getting kind of a Björk vibe with a lot of the sounds.
Does it include any combinator patches or are most patches "normal"? I'm asking because I'm still on R11 and I assume I won't be able to open them if there are any.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

08 May 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 May 2023
MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023
The demos sound great. :thumbs_up: I'm getting kind of a Björk vibe with a lot of the sounds.
Does it include any combinator patches or are most patches "normal"? I'm asking because I'm still on R11 and I assume I won't be able to open them if there are any.
I can't speak for all examples made by artists, but all examples made internally only use vanilla Objekt patches—sometimes slightly tweaked. I made a handful of them and they're all default patches with no tweaks :)

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

Well from the demos it sure sounds like my kind of instrument. Well done RS.

BananaSkins

08 May 2023

Take away the visuals - and just listen...

marcuswitt

08 May 2023

Steedus wrote:
08 May 2023
Well from the demos it sure sounds like my kind of instrument. Well done RS.
I totally agree with you. Everything sounds organic, but with a synthetic touch it. And the variety of music gengres that RS has covered here is fantastic ofr getting a first impression of what one can do with this new instrument. Impressive!

EnochLight

08 May 2023

BananaSkins wrote:
08 May 2023
Take away the visuals - and just listen...
I love the GUI/UX. Looks like a classic piece of Propellerhead gear, but new. Even the color choices - it just works.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Harpuia

08 May 2023

Really, really hoping there's a competition coming with this, the sounds are right up my alley, and I think that would be really fun.

We might need to host an unofficial one if Reason Studios won't...

Popey
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

I know virtually nothing about modelling synthesis or even how this will fit with my style of music but look forward to trying it out.

Not long to wait now

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
08 May 2023

I can't speak for all examples made by artists, but all examples made internally only use vanilla Objekt patches—sometimes slightly tweaked. I made a handful of them and they're all default patches with no tweaks :)
Nice to hear. Thanks for the reply. :puf_smile:

challism

08 May 2023

Harpuia wrote:
08 May 2023
Really, really hoping there's a competition coming with this, the sounds are right up my alley, and I think that would be really fun.

We might need to host an unofficial one if Reason Studios won't...
Sounds like a good idea. I hope RS will give some prizes to the winners.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jfrichards

08 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
08 May 2023
Gorgeous music. (I hope it works in Reason 10, like Friktion does)

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

08 May 2023

Popey wrote:
08 May 2023
I know virtually nothing about modelling synthesis
I've got a 30 minute tutorial arriving on release that'll fix that for you and everyone else! :puf_bigsmile:

Steedus
Competition Winner

09 May 2023

Can't wait! This, Tears of the Kingdom and becoming a home owner all in the span of a couple of days. Fun times!

Popey
Competition Winner

09 May 2023

ryanharlin wrote:
08 May 2023
Popey wrote:
08 May 2023
I know virtually nothing about modelling synthesis
I've got a 30 minute tutorial arriving on release that'll fix that for you and everyone else! :puf_bigsmile:
Thanks Ryan, look forward to it as personally learn better watching vids than reading a manual.

• Information