The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moneykube

29 Apr 2023

deeplink wrote:
29 Apr 2023
Sorry to spoil speculation... but Objekt is in the shop. So you can expect it to be a paid RE (and included in R+).
it is in the shop? has it been released. not seeing it.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Oper-8

29 Apr 2023

It hasn't been released yet, but the product page is already up : https://reasonstudios.com/shop/rack-extension/objekt/
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

DaveyG

29 Apr 2023

There is no f'ing way it is going to be free for R12 perpetual owners. Their whole thing is to drive the subscription model forwards.
"Hey perpetual dudes. look what you are missing out on..."

Aosta

29 Apr 2023

It is going to take me a while to get in with the colour scheme.
Tend the flame

SebAudio

29 Apr 2023

Aosta wrote:
29 Apr 2023
It is going to take me a while to get in with the colour scheme.
And then they were 3 : Maelstrom, Pulsar, Objekt

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Apr 2023

Was Synchronous ever simultaneously available as built-in for the (at the time) latest version of Reason and as a paid add-on for older versions?

That said, I think the main flaw in my original speculation is not that Objekt already has a placeholder in the shop, but the assumption that driving adoption of Reason 12 mid-cycle is a comparable priority with boosting MRR.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2023

DaveyG wrote:
29 Apr 2023
There is no f'ing way it is going to be free for R12 perpetual owners. Their whole thing is to drive the subscription model forwards.
"Hey perpetual dudes. look what you are missing out on..."
Yep. I'm thinking the same thing.
The options will be to get it through either subscription or by a seperate purchase in the Shop.

wereMole88

29 Apr 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Apr 2023
Nothing to miss really, hasn't dropped yet
I mean all the fuss about it :-)

dvdrtldg

29 Apr 2023

ambi wrote:
29 Apr 2023
The first video that ReasonStudios released sounded very interesting. Everything else that came thereafter failed to amaze me.
Same. That Adam Fielding Instagram teaser in particular, it's a big complex pad with lots going on, but it's also totally boring

Not dissing Objekt itself, which I'm prepared to be blown away by. But so far the hype seems to be largely self-generating. I guess that's the whole point of a thread like this, which let's not forget kicked off with the cheesiest reaction video of all time

Faastwalker

29 Apr 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
29 Apr 2023
ambi wrote:
29 Apr 2023
The first video that ReasonStudios released sounded very interesting. Everything else that came thereafter failed to amaze me.
Same. That Adam Fielding Instagram teaser in particular, it's a big complex pad with lots going on, but it's also totally boring

Not dissing Objekt itself, which I'm prepared to be blown away by. But so far the hype seems to be largely self-generating. I guess that's the whole point of a thread like this, which let's not forget kicked off with the cheesiest reaction video of all time
I thought the Adam Fielding pad sounded incredible. But it’s the teaser video RS dropped that really peaked my interest. Some amazing sounds in there. Not been blown away by other examples that have trickled out. It’s all about the teaser vid sounds for me. I wonder if they are Objekt presets? I could spend days just playing around with those presets if they are :D

deeplink
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2023

If you guys are interested, here's a video of Beardyman playing with Objekt.. seemingly using a combination of an exciter and his voice to control it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Crn_H4Ro ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

Oper-8

30 Apr 2023

Thanks a lot ! Finally a demo showing the possibilities with the external input - and it sounds awesome !
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

Aosta

30 Apr 2023

When I saw the externals my first thought was hooking up a mic and blowing into it :D
Tend the flame

Faastwalker

30 Apr 2023

I’d almost forgotten about the audio inputs. The mind boggles :geek:

PhillipOrdonez

30 Apr 2023

deeplink wrote:
30 Apr 2023
If you guys are interested, here's a video of Beardyman playing with Objekt.. seemingly using a combination of an exciter and his voice to control it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Crn_H4Ro ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Remarkable

"@reasonstudios new device, Objekt is nuts…. Everything in this piece is actually my voice. Objekt is a Karplus-Strong resonator which can be tweaked to do stuff like this. This improvised piece is #ableton #manipulator from @polyversemusic turnado by @sugarbytesofficial and until i integrated Reason into my rig, specifically to get Objekt into it, I couldn’t dream of being able to do this. Ignore the fact that it doesn’t sound like the human voice. It f*****g is."

lychee

30 Apr 2023

Some sounds while waiting to be able to touch it.

Objekt really reminds me of Chromaphone and Imagine, to see what new it brings.

Faastwalker

01 May 2023

A lot of the above examples don't do much for me. Horses for courses I guess. I'm most interested in pads, soundscapes, experimental electronic sounds etc.

Sounds like Objekt is going to excel at these sounds from some of the demos we've heard & that amazing teaser video RS put out. 10 days to go ............... :-D

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 May 2023

I just want to see what it's really capable of doing.

It looks like they've added a few tweaks to Karplus-Strong.

If anything, having top producers like Teddy Riley using it (he was tagged in the insta post) could bring some new users to RRP.

Kilsane

02 May 2023

He could offer R+ licenses (3 months or 6 months) to the Superbooth and bet on the fact that his people re-subscribe afterwards (if the public does not like it, Reason Studios will not lose anything and if the public likes it, they will subscribe).

Otherwise I'm waiting to see Objekt in action

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

02 May 2023

avasopht wrote:
02 May 2023
It looks like they've added a few tweaks to Karplus-Strong.
Just for the record, it's not straight Karplus-Strong. Objekt goes far beyond and also has two different styles of resonators (1 modal, 2 "objects").

Can't wait to hear what people come up with! It's the first instrument where I feel we haven't even scratched the surface internally, even after making hundreds of patches.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

02 May 2023

Love the idea of generating instruments that don't exist but sound organic. This honestly excites me. Pun fully intended.

Oper-8

02 May 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
02 May 2023
hundreds of patches
That's nice to hear ! Will these be the factory patches that will come along with Objekt ?
And, er... Would you share a few (say, a dozen or two) audio examples before the release date ? As far as I'm concerned, Objekt will obviously be an instant purchase, but May 11th is still an eternity away...
No need for fancy videos or anything, a SoundCloud playlist will be absolutely fine !

EnochLight

02 May 2023

fieldframe wrote:
29 Apr 2023
Was Synchronous ever simultaneously available as built-in for the (at the time) latest version of Reason and as a paid add-on for older versions?
They did offer Syncronous for free (as an optional RE download) when you upgraded to Reason 7.1 back in the day at launch. That said, you needed Reason 7.1 or later at the time due to the SDK update for Syncronous custom display for RE SDK 2, and after the limited offer ended, Syncronous was sold in the Prop Shop for $49 USD.

syncronous.JPG
syncronous.JPG (144.12 KiB) Viewed 8937 times

But when Reason 10 launched, Syncronous was included for free. I think it also sold in the shop at the same time for previous versions. Will have to check.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jfrichards

02 May 2023

Has anyone tried a guitar or a voice through this yet?

EnochLight

02 May 2023

jfrichards wrote:
02 May 2023
Has anyone tried a guitar or a voice through this yet?
Wow - welcome back jfrichards! It's been years, man. YEARS.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information