The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
strangers
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2023

Really interested to give this a go once it's released. I don't mind the look of it since it gets away from the endless sea of flat, cyberwave-y GUIs.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2023

It's been a while since I felt excited about an upcoming device, but I'm pretty psyched to get my hands on this one and see what it can do. I'm ready for it.
I really hope RS will make a long stream showing it's capabilities. It feels like it's likely to happen after they've hyped it up like this.

SebAudio

25 Apr 2023

EpiGenetik wrote:
25 Apr 2023
SebAudio wrote:
07 Apr 2023
what annoys me with Objekt (apart from using a « k » as a 15 years ago NI offering)
Screenshot 2023-04-25 140000.png
That’s a good förnuft !

Faastwalker

26 Apr 2023

Adam Fielding posted a short teaser (of sorts) on Instagram of a pad sound he'd been working on. Sounds frigging AMAZING!! :shock:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrdAYpYg ... _copy_link

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

27 Apr 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Apr 2023
It's been a while since I felt excited about an upcoming device, but I'm pretty psyched to get my hands on this one and see what it can do. I'm ready for it.
I really hope RS will make a long stream showing it's capabilities. It feels like it's likely to happen after they've hyped it up like this.
There will be streams, tutorials, and much more!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Apr 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Apr 2023
Awesome. Looking forward to it. :thumbs_up:

_andreypetr_

27 Apr 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
26 Apr 2023
Adam Fielding posted a short teaser (of sorts) on Instagram of a pad sound he'd been working on. Sounds frigging AMAZING!! :shock:

Am I the only one who feel uncanny valley effect while listening this demo? Robotic Bean's Resonans acts same for me - it even makes me a little nauseous. I'm not joking it's is an interesting serious question

PhillipOrdonez

27 Apr 2023

Faastwalker wrote:
26 Apr 2023

Wow! :shock:

Faastwalker

28 Apr 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Apr 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Apr 2023
Nice. Presumably these will come on/after release date? Actually, not long to go now. Just excited to see more 😬

Kilsane

28 Apr 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Apr 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Apr 2023
I would have liked to see some video and live before the official release, I know I might take it anyway

Oper-8

28 Apr 2023

MattiasHG wrote:
27 Apr 2023
When ?
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

jfrichards

28 Apr 2023

Looks good
Attachments
Objekt view.png
Objekt view.png (580.85 KiB) Viewed 9223 times

wereMole88

29 Apr 2023

How did I miss all of this?

dvdrtldg

29 Apr 2023

Nothing to miss really, hasn't dropped yet

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2023

I'm assuming Objekt will work on R11 (except for any included combinator patches of course which will most likely use the new combinator).
As far as I know there aren't any REs in the shop that requires R12.

ambi

29 Apr 2023

The first video that ReasonStudios released sounded very interesting. Everything else that came thereafter failed to amaze me.

buddard
RE Developer

29 Apr 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Apr 2023
I'm assuming Objekt will work on R11 (except for any included combinator patches of course which will most likely use the new combinator).
Yes, the current RE SDK is compatible with Reason 10.2 or later.

fieldframe
RE Developer

29 Apr 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Apr 2023
There is one potential angle where Objekt turns out to be a surprise built-in device in 12.6 rather than a premium add-on, similar to how Beat Map or Monotone came in point releases. This would be a very interesting way to drive mid-cycle upgrades to Reason 12 among the market segment that has thus far skipped it due to the shaky launch, though I would consider it unlikely as no point-release devices have ever been flagship-tier like Objekt.

PhillipOrdonez

29 Apr 2023

fieldframe wrote:
29 Apr 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Apr 2023
There is one potential angle where Objekt turns out to be a surprise built-in device in 12.6 rather than a premium add-on, similar to how Beat Map or Monotone came in point releases. This would be a very interesting way to drive mid-cycle upgrades to Reason 12 among the market segment that has thus far skipped it due to the shaky launch, though I would consider it unlikely as no point-release devices have ever been flagship-tier like Objekt.
I would be very much in favor of this 😅

_andreypetr_

29 Apr 2023

fieldframe wrote:
29 Apr 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
29 Apr 2023
Okay but why is in the shop then

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
29 Apr 2023
fieldframe wrote:
29 Apr 2023

Okay but why is in the shop then
Perhaps so cheap skates like myself on r11 can still buy it 😂.

In all seriousness though as much as I would love it to be included free in 12 I suspect it is just free for r+ and available to buy for the rest of us perpetuals. I look forward to trying it out.

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2023

Sorry to spoil speculation... but Objekt is in the shop. So you can expect it to be a paid RE (and included in R+).
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

29 Apr 2023

deeplink wrote:
29 Apr 2023
Sorry to spoil speculation... but Objekt is in the shop. So you can expect it to be a paid RE (and included in R+).
Beatmap is an example of an included in Reason device that you find in the shop, right?

deeplink
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2023

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Apr 2023
deeplink wrote:
29 Apr 2023
Beatmap is an example of an included in Reason device that you find in the shop, right?
Beatmap wasn't ever in the shop? Certainly not in the shop now. You might be thinking of Drum Sequencer
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

29 Apr 2023

deeplink wrote:
29 Apr 2023
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Apr 2023

Beatmap wasn't ever in the shop? Certainly not in the shop now. You might be thinking of Drum Sequencer
Blimey, I got confused. Beatmap is not in the shop 🤔 argh, the glimmer of hope has vanished 😔

• Information