The new Instrument, "Objekt" is coming in May

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
_andreypetr_

03 Mar 2023

Loque wrote:
03 Mar 2023
_andreypetr_ wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Okay maybe that geometric shape could say something to us
Yea, maybe. I thought the same. Maybe it can morph something or just creates something edgy...

Well, we know it is a synth.
At least it shouldn't be something orchestral as we know, this design reminds me Minimal Audio stuff

PhillipOrdonez

03 Mar 2023

Morph? Cinematic? Scenic V2!!!!!

Free for R12 perpetual owners!

😂

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

Morph

(this joke may not work outside of the UK)
filmtvgames_morph_carousel_formats_-cut-out-v2.png
filmtvgames_morph_carousel_formats_-cut-out-v2.png (89.78 KiB) Viewed 10456 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

Popey wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Morph

(this joke may not work outside of the UK) filmtvgames_morph_carousel_formats_-cut-out-v2.png
Works in Sweden. Tony Hart was not Bob Ross.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lov2sing

03 Mar 2023

Maybe it’s the modeling section for horns for friction with morphing abilities and vector and subtractive and additive functions with sampling along with anolog filters and ribbon strip plus a double sequencer that works on two time signatures and a voice box along with a whammy bar and a kazoo, General midi instruments and multiple midi in ports.

I bet some of that is in there.
We make music for a reason

QVprod

03 Mar 2023

supersmarter wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Chi-Individual wrote:
03 Mar 2023

Well known is subjective. One of those featured is the creator of Stardew Valley Eric Barone. Watch the livestream RS did with him. I’m sure he has some influence.

Take 10 random people which care about music, and music history. They don't need to be techno fans. Ask them about have they ever heard of Richie Hawtin or Plastikman. Then ask them about Stardew Valley Eric Barone. If I am forced to bet, at least one person will say that "Richie Hawtin" sounds familiar to them while ...Stardew Valley Eric Barone is who exactly? No ONE!!! I mean no one in the context of real artistry.
I’d have to say well known is definitely subjective. Count me as one of your 10 random people. I’ve never heard of Richie Hawtin nor Plastikman.

QVprod

03 Mar 2023

By the reactions in the video, perhaps we’re getting something along the lines of Pigments or Falcon

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

Yeah yeah. Synth is a synth is a synth.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

03 Mar 2023

Lov2sing wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Maybe it’s the modeling section for horns for friction with morphing abilities and vector and subtractive and additive functions with sampling along with anolog filters and ribbon strip plus a double sequencer that works on two time signatures and a voice box along with a whammy bar and a kazoo, General midi instruments and multiple midi in ports.

I bet some of that is in there.
Did you miss "round robin", "pmw" "and s&h"?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

QVprod wrote:
03 Mar 2023
By the reactions in the video, perhaps we’re getting something along the lines of Pigments or Falcon
Or maybe something bug free!!! Now that really would be innovative.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

03 Mar 2023

MrFigg wrote:
03 Mar 2023
But you'll buy it anyway. :thumbup:

I keep wondering about writing a song about GAS but I'm not sure I have the right synth for it yet. :twisted:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

DaveyG wrote:
03 Mar 2023
MrFigg wrote:
03 Mar 2023
But you'll buy it anyway. :thumbup:

I keep wondering about writing a song about GAS but I'm not sure I have the right synth for it yet. :twisted:
I won't I won't I won't!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

03 Mar 2023

BRIGGS wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Scenic crying in the corner now. :cry:
I'm going to deep-dive into Scenic now, so I won't have to buy that new shiny thing when it is released :puf_bigsmile:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

Last Alternative

03 Mar 2023

My dream is a synth that works on audio channels so I can play my guitar with any sound imaginable. Zero latency midi guitar.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
03 Mar 2023
My dream is a synth that works on audio channels so I can play my guitar with any sound imaginable. Zero latency midi guitar.
Yeah. Me too. That’s mine too. Yes it is.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

03 Mar 2023

Last Alternative wrote:
03 Mar 2023
You can do this now and play any synth or your choosing. https://www.jamorigin.com/products/

jam-s

03 Mar 2023

Yay, from the looks of their faces I think we're finally getting Radical Kazoo or A-List Cowbell.

Chi-Individual

03 Mar 2023

QVprod wrote:
03 Mar 2023
supersmarter wrote:
03 Mar 2023

Take 10 random people which care about music, and music history. They don't need to be techno fans. Ask them about have they ever heard of Richie Hawtin or Plastikman. Then ask them about Stardew Valley Eric Barone. If I am forced to bet, at least one person will say that "Richie Hawtin" sounds familiar to them while ...Stardew Valley Eric Barone is who exactly? No ONE!!! I mean no one in the context of real artistry.
I’d have to say well known is definitely subjective. Count me as one of your 10 random people. I’ve never heard of Richie Hawtin nor Plastikman.
I, too, have never heard of Richie Hawtin or Plastikman, and def not versed in techno like stated. And this proves the point of my statement that popular is subjective. I’m not the type of narcissist who thinks someone isn’t popular because I don’t know them but because I know of some other person who’s a no name to others, my no name person is popular. Or because “possibly” more folks out of 10 know one over the other. Eric Barone, being who he is in the gaming community, def holds some influence saying he composes totally ITB with Reason. But the goalpost will always be moved or compared to justify one’s arguments.

Loque

03 Mar 2023

jam-s wrote:
03 Mar 2023
Yay, from the looks of their faces I think we're finally getting Radical Kazoo or A-List Cowbell.
Or Kazoo Layers. Or even A-List Kazoo.
Reason12, Win10

Marc Swing

03 Mar 2023

YEEES!! Radical Banjo! FINALLY!!!!

Reminiscence

03 Mar 2023

The issue is that the video is nothing to go by. One person's opinion is not another's. A reaction vid without any real context is kinda pointless. We're not watching Jurassic Park's Steven Spielberg say: You gotta see this!

But in any case, they should rather have given us all a sneak peak "at the same time" instead of running after their "ambassadors" getting first access like a VIP of some sort, which I disagree with quite heavily. And the cliche of cinematic is not interesting anymore - these days anything saying cinematic or "perfect for video game soundtracks" misses the point of synthesis and sampling. A sound with tons of reverb can be considered cinematic used in a specific context. Designing sounds separately than from what Reason already offers, is something new yes, but I don't want to lay it in some track or compose a whole track with it - always - especially since I play the banjo, the bagpipe, and the flute, not to say a guitar and a piano, barely. Then again, I may be lying. May 2024 here we come!

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

03 Mar 2023

dusan.cani wrote:
03 Mar 2023
This staged not authentic promotional video
Anyone who has tried to get musicians to act before would know that this cynical comment is like the moon landing conspiracies — in the same way that back in 1969 it was technologically harder to fake the moon landing on film than it was to just land on the moon. :)

Iapetus 9

03 Mar 2023

RE's and VST's have given me everything I could possibly need, so a new synth isn't at the top of my needs list. No hate, I just hope it lives up to the hype, because it's pretty obvious they aren't too concerned about the DAW improvements right now.
38L > 51D every time.

Neo

03 Mar 2023

supersmarter wrote:
03 Mar 2023
So it will be a Wavetable synth probably combined with something else (based on a geometric shape). Pretty sure it will be super nice. But (here we go here's a complaint) I think ReasonStudios would sell a lot more if they hire a well-known artist to speak about this. I am always underwhelmed by their promotional videos. On one side Ryan is super informational and a good teacher yet he gags in every video like a kid. Just like cheap toyish promotional of Chicco stuff for kids. Then there are youtube buffoons also known as "ambassadors" who are terrible. Really terrible.

Just one well-known artist would beat all of those that's just my IMHO. I have never heard of any of those people in the latest video. And most of them seem like posers and completely like staged awe..(it's prejudice but based on experience).

Like, for example, you see Richie Hawtin switched from Ableton Live to Bitwig. He uses Bitwig and then they post a video about it. Then there are two-three months of Bitwig activity on all forums worldwide. People selling Live just to switch to Bitwig. When Reason is a subject on other forums it is mostly some sort of complaint.

This might not be rational and you can find many minuses in this, but what I am trying to point out is that a well-known honest artist review would do a really good boost for Reason. But a real artist, like some legend, not someone you never heard of or someone with 4 releases.

Btw I love Reason so don't flame me. And 99% sure will be buying new stuff.
I have to agree.
As much as I heart Props/RS, I was tempted to go Bitwig after seeing the Plastikman myself.

Speaking of "ambassadors", it would be great to get likes of people like James Wiltshire (Freemasons) sharing RS videos.
I'm sure he promoted R5 way back when?

Sorry for side reply. Admin/Mods might want to place this in a new Thread under "RS Ambassadors"?
Anyway,.. new RE coming.. nice /without really knowing what it is lol
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

AnotherMathias

03 Mar 2023

Chi-Individual wrote:
03 Mar 2023
I, too, have never heard of Richie Hawtin or Plastikman, and def not versed in techno like stated. And this proves the point of my statement that popular is subjective. I’m not the type of narcissist who thinks someone isn’t popular because I don’t know them but because I know of some other person who’s a no name to others, my no name person is popular. Or because “possibly” more folks out of 10 know one over the other. Eric Barone, being who he is in the gaming community, def holds some influence saying he composes totally ITB with Reason. But the goalpost will always be moved or compared to justify one’s arguments.
Put me in for another person who has never heard of Richie Hawtin or Plastikman. I think we all tend to live in our own bubbles about who is a big deal in our world. Who would be impressed (I would) if a new device was loved by John Foxx, Richard Barbieri, and Tony Banks?
More important for promotional videos, don't do the ambassador thing at all! It's tribal and childish. And please, no more clickbait titles with pictures of some person making a dumb facial expression.

For a short time there, Reason put out videos that I think were good - about five years ago, with the releases of Europa, Grain, and Drum Sequencer.

• Information