Valentines Flash sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ekss
RE Developer

14 Feb 2023

Ahoy fellow Reason Talkers!
FilterChain X8187 Multi Effect and AMALGAM Hybrid FM/Subtractive Synthesizer both just got a small update fixing cv output that had a bug. Since Valentine's Day was closing in I decided to have them on sale just for the day. So FilterChain is currently on a whooping 70% discount and Amalgam is half price. Both of these are two of my personal favorites, hope you'll like them too!

Check them out here: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... l%20Sounds

Tiny Montgomery

14 Feb 2023

Awesome deal for filter chain (already have Amalgam) picking it up now.

Can I just say I love your no talking jam videos showcasing your devices.

This is my favourite. When is the next one!?

ekss
RE Developer

14 Feb 2023

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
14 Feb 2023
Awesome deal for filter chain (already have Amalgam) picking it up now.

Can I just say I love your no talking jam videos showcasing your devices.

This is my favourite. When is the next one!?
Thanks, that's really nice to hear. I will probably do more of these pretty soon!

MuttReason

14 Feb 2023

Nice, thanks Ekss! Picked up FilterChain, been on my list for a while now. Love your REs, they are all over everything I produce now.

Aosta

14 Feb 2023

Been lusting after the X8187 for ages after trailing it so instabuy for me!
Thank you for the sale :clap: :thumbup:
Tend the flame

Steedus
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2023

Already have both, but FilterChain for $19 is a no-brainer!

Arpeg
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2023

Thank you for the quick sale. By chance, I just popped in to the forums to browse around and saw this post 😮😎
Like above.. Wanted Filter Chain for a long time. I now have Sadist, Drumsyn, Filter Chain, space expander and want Ouroboros next and perhaps HexaTone 😊

Great work, thank you

Bes
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2023

[Heart Emoji] Happy Val's ekss [Kiss Emoji]
- Certified Reason expert

Mattvank

14 Feb 2023

Sounds very intresting with very low and and highpass configurations :-)

Quarmat
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2023

I own them both already, but thanks! I hope many grabbed this sale, Amalgam is crazy, I love it so much!

ksniod

15 Feb 2023

Missed it too :(

ekss
RE Developer

15 Feb 2023

Mataya wrote:
15 Feb 2023
Missed it. F*********k!
ksniod wrote:
15 Feb 2023
Missed it too :(

Dont worry, new sales will come, and in the meantime they're always available at full price (I'm extra grateful for those purchases!)
For these spontaneous flash sales Instagram is the best place to get the info quickly. (@ekssperimental)
Last edited by ekss on 15 Feb 2023, edited 4 times in total.

ekss
RE Developer

15 Feb 2023

Quarmat wrote:
15 Feb 2023
I own them both already, but thanks! I hope many grabbed this sale, Amalgam is crazy, I love it so much!
Lovely to to hear! ❤️

Loud_Silence

16 Feb 2023

Many thanks Ekss! I grabbed the Filter Chain, it was a bargain at that price.

I considered myself to be set with rack extensions for the time being, but I couldn't resist these overdriven filters. :twisted:

Out of curiosity, what are the filter slopes of the three filter modules?

Aosta

16 Feb 2023

Loud_Silence wrote:
16 Feb 2023
I considered myself to be set with rack extensions for the time being, but I couldn't resist these overdriven filters. :twisted:
Same here, I just fell in love with those filters, you could say it was love at first tweak ;)
Tend the flame

MuttReason

17 Feb 2023

FilterChain is an absolute beast. Can’t believe I haven’t picked this up before. Does crazy good things to a drum loop. Love it.

dvdrtldg

17 Feb 2023

MuttReason wrote:
17 Feb 2023
FilterChain is an absolute beast. Can’t believe I haven’t picked this up before. Does crazy good things to a drum loop. Love it.
What's so good about it? Serious question - I nearly bought it for $20 and then thought "Meh, I can rig up this kind of thing in a combi with some of the cool plugins I already have". Is it one of those X-factor secret sauce type REs?

rorystorm

17 Feb 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
17 Feb 2023
MuttReason wrote:
17 Feb 2023
What's so good about it? Serious question - I nearly bought it for $20 and then thought "Meh, I can rig up this kind of thing in a combi with some of the cool plugins I already have". Is it one of those X-factor secret sauce type REs?
Yeh, it really is, probably one of my most used res. Particularly good for techno kick rumbles

MuttReason

18 Feb 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
17 Feb 2023
MuttReason wrote:
17 Feb 2023
There’s something about the way the different filters interact that I can’t reproduce using other filters (Reason stock or third party REs) in a Combinator. Plus the envelope follower seems to have a different response curve to the Pulveriser env follower (for example) which makes it v easy to dial in funky effects driven by drum loop peaks.

The delay and reverb modules are easier to replicate with other REs/stock IMO so there it’s more a question of convenience, they’re built in so no need to add other devices and create a Combi.

The other factor here is I have several other REs from Ekss and they have become my go-to devices in pretty much everything I produce. So I kinda knew in advance that there would probably be some magic sauce involved in this one too.

dvdrtldg

19 Feb 2023

Sounds nice, I should have jumped on it. That'll teach me to exercise self-control

supersmarter

21 Feb 2023

dvdrtldg wrote:
19 Feb 2023
Sounds nice, I should have jumped on it. That'll teach me to exercise self-control
Yup...I just realized I missed 70% off...not having any social media but I'll try to follow this forum more often and hopefully catch another sale..

• Information