Delta 1st note bug?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
FLVZ

06 Feb 2023

Has anybody noticed Delta not playing the first note of a block since the update to R12.5?

I made the mistake of upgrading my M1 Pro to the latest OS version and at the same time
updating Reason to the latest point updates. This was not happening previously (but I must
admit I wasn't very active on R12 until November last year). I've noticed this particularly
happens when Delta is stacked with other players.
I use strumming patches a lot, if that information is any use.
Is it perhaps something I'm doing wrong that I just never noticed before?

Would appreciate your advice.

challism

07 Feb 2023

There is a known player bug where the first note gets skipped. It's quite annoying. Hopefully RS will fix it someday. They do know about it. Anyway, the workaround is to nudge/slide the first note back a 10-15 ticks.

As for Delta, I'm not sure. The bug you are experiencing could be the RS player bug, or it could be Delta specific; it's hard to say for sure. You could report the issue to Marcos (the Dev); he's here on RT. I know he doesn't have much time for working on REs these days, but perhaps he would take a look into it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

FLVZ

07 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
07 Feb 2023
There is a known player bug where the first note gets skipped. It's quite annoying. Hopefully RS will fix it someday. They do know about it. Anyway, the workaround is to nudge/slide the first note back a 10-15 ticks.

As for Delta, I'm not sure. The bug you are experiencing could be the RS player bug, or it could be Delta specific; it's hard to say for sure. You could report the issue to Marcos (the Dev); he's here on RT. I know he doesn't have much time for working on REs these days, but perhaps he would take a look into it.
Sounds like I'm either just now starting to notice the bug. Or in my environment, stacking players perhaps is a trigger for the bug?
I'll use the workaround for the time being, thanks!

• Information