Are there any regular discounts for Reason Studios REs?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
svenh

05 Feb 2023

Hi there!

I have been more or less away from music production for a couple of years and I hope to be able to reenter the playground soon.

I have caught up a bit on how Reason has developed and will probably get version 12 for HD graphics! And I see that the propellerheads still develop incredibly tempting, creative, and tasty rack extensions! If I get into Reason again, I would probably want:

* Bassline Generator
* Chord Sequencer
* Pattern Mutator
* Umpf Bundle
* Algoritm
* Friktion
* Scenic

That's a lot of plugins for a lot of money... Are there any regular discounts for Reason Studios plugins? Summer sale? Black Friday? Other time of the year?

Warm regards,
Sven

crimsonwarlock

05 Feb 2023

If you want R12 and all those nice REs, and start from scratch, going subscription might be the best way to go for you.

But to answer your question, yes they do sales occasionally.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

svenh

05 Feb 2023

Thanks, I have thought about subscription too. But in the past, I have already bought a lot of REs, so part of me says that in the long run it would be best to buy these plugins if I can get them at a good price.

What's your best guess for the next sale? ;)

joeyluck

05 Feb 2023

The next big sale might be in May? Although individual things go on sale from time to time. Algoritm was just on sale for a weekend a few weeks ago. Make sure you are subscribed to the emails.

crimsonwarlock

05 Feb 2023

svenh wrote:
05 Feb 2023
Thanks, I have thought about subscription too. But in the past, I have already bought a lot of REs, so part of me says that in the long run it would be best to buy these plugins if I can get them at a good price.
Just so you know, if you get the subscription on the same account you bought the REs, you can still use your bought REs with the subscription. There are regular deals to try out the subscription, like recently get 2 months subscription for 2 dollars.

Disclaimer: I'm not on the subscription plan myself, as I like to own the stuff I use. But in some cases subscription makes sense.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

svenh

05 Feb 2023

joeyluck wrote:
05 Feb 2023
The next big sale might be in May? Although individual things go on sale from time to time. Algoritm was just on sale for a weekend a few weeks ago. Make sure you are subscribed to the emails.
Sounds great, thanks!

svenh

05 Feb 2023

crimsonwarlock wrote:
05 Feb 2023
svenh wrote:
05 Feb 2023
Just so you know, if you get the subscription on the same account you bought the REs, you can still use your bought REs with the subscription. There are regular deals to try out the subscription, like recently get 2 months subscription for 2 dollars.

Disclaimer: I'm not on the subscription plan myself, as I like to own the stuff I use. But in some cases subscription makes sense.
Yes, I too like to own the stuff I use, but it may be worth trying a subscription deal before buying a lot of stuff. Thanks!

huggermugger

05 Feb 2023

Major sales usually happen in May and around Black Friday.

svenh

05 Feb 2023

huggermugger wrote:
05 Feb 2023
Major sales usually happen in May and around Black Friday.
Great, thanks!

RobC

06 Feb 2023

My first RE's introductory price will be 50% off the full price, and even that will get 50% off! That's an incredible 75% you'll save! And it will be for FREE!

challism

06 Feb 2023

svenh wrote:
05 Feb 2023
Scenic
Are you sure you want Scenic? I'd read what others have said about it (and definitely try it) before buying it. I got it with R11 Suite, otherwise, I wouldn't have it. I never use it and it isn't installed. The rest of the REs on your list are pretty solid and nice pieces of kit.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

svenh

06 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
06 Feb 2023
svenh wrote:
05 Feb 2023
Scenic
Are you sure you want Scenic? I'd read what others have said about it (and definitely try it) before buying it. I got it with R11 Suite, otherwise, I wouldn't have it. I never use it and it isn't installed. The rest of the REs on your list are pretty solid and nice pieces of kit.
Well, not sure about Scenic, and not 100% sure about the Umpf bundle, but they all seem worth trialing! The rest of the REs seem like you wrote solid! Thanks for your input!

challism

06 Feb 2023

svenh wrote:
06 Feb 2023
challism wrote:
06 Feb 2023

Well, not sure about Scenic, and not 100% sure about the Umpf bundle, but they all seem worth trialing! The rest of the REs seem like you wrote solid! Thanks for your input!
I tend to use Umpf Retro way more than Club. I particularly like the effects (gate reverb and tape, specifically), which can both be used as effects for other devices/audio input. It's a great device.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information