Another Wonderfull Update from Mr Turn2Onz : ) ASVF-212 Analog State-Variable Filter ready to Go !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
247
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 Aug 2018

Post 20 Jan 2023

Hey Man ! You Rocks , again !

I'm only human, but I can feel that you are conscientious, open hearted, respectful, grateful, dedicated, willing, generous and....in short cause i can continu so far , you're HUMAN ..!

And for that and all the rest... Thank you... Of our generation, there aren't many left like that <3

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 1229
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 20 Jan 2023

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
What he said :clap:
----
Most users think the reason their requests aren't being met, is because some developer somewhere in a cubical refuses to waive its magic wand.

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 20 Jan 2023

+1 from me, it's a neat device

One thing tho is that I'm getting massive self-oscillation even with the self-oscillation switch turned to off.

been getting really great results from running the left channel through one iteration and the right channel through another and setting the lfo rates slightly differently, crazy 60s Hendrix phaser sounds.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 21 Jan 2023

Hi to all!) Thank you for publishing update release info

ASVF-212 (v. 2.0) / Analog State-Variable Filter with Self-oscillation and Key Tracking.

Image

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... le-filter/

UPDATE v. 2.0:
- New bigger panel (3U height) with new GUI design
- Self-Oscillation filter mode (set Filter Q = 100%, that run self-oscillation if option is on)
- Filter Keytracking. Activate Key Note frequency mode, and play by midi keys with self-oscillated signal
- Filter Smoothing
- Envelope Follower works with main signal inputs, plus new External ENV.FLW inputs
- Individual Envelope Follower Amount control (was been controllable by LFO Affect)
- Filter Drive. Works like an overdrive with compressor. Can be active only as part of active Limiter.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 21 Jan 2023

rorystorm wrote:
20 Jan 2023
One thing tho is that I'm getting massive self-oscillation even with the self-oscillation switch turned to off.
Self-Oscillation mode and Filter KeyTracking is main features of this update.

New Self-Oscillaltion mode add possibilities to create infinity loop from the signal feedback to the current frequency (Note), which you can select in Freq NOTE Mode.

Also, in NOTE mode you can play with Self-oscillated signal by midi notes (display show current note you play, and shifted octave momentary) as Filter Key Tracking.

In the first version of ASVF-212, at high FilterQ values you can also listen short Self-Oscillation. It is not controllable, and not so big at length..
Why? Because this is typical for the State-Variable Filter type with multi-feedback architecture.
So, Update 2.0 add infinity looped self-oscillation at high FilterQ values.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3238
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jan 2023

thank you... very cool update ! :clap:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals Minus - AKA > "The Oppressed" :shock:

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 21 Jan 2023

turn2on wrote:
21 Jan 2023
rorystorm wrote:
20 Jan 2023
One thing tho is that I'm getting massive self-oscillation even with the self-oscillation switch turned to off.
Self-Oscillation mode and Filter KeyTracking is main features of this update.

New Self-Oscillaltion mode add possibilities to create infinity loop from the signal feedback to the current frequency (Note), which you can select in Freq NOTE Mode.

Also, in NOTE mode you can play with Self-oscillated signal by midi notes (display show current note you play, and shifted octave momentary) as Filter Key Tracking.

In the first version of ASVF-212, at high FilterQ values you can also listen short Self-Oscillation. It is not controllable, and not so big at length..
Why? Because this is typical for the State-Variable Filter type with multi-feedback architecture.
So, Update 2.0 add infinity looped self-oscillation at high FilterQ values.
Ah! Got it it, thanks! I hadnt realised that you could use midi notes with it, thsts very cool. Maybe I should rtfm....

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 21 Jan 2023

okay, my apologies, I'm possibly not seeing the obvious here. I've got it so it receives midi notes which temporarily changes the cut off frequency, so I can 'play' the self oscillation of the Q when it's turned up. it sounds great.

But there doesn't seem to be any way of recording the midi notes - ie, the little + sign in the sequencer isn't highlighted so I can't create a note lane the way you can with ECF-42. So am I missing something? Sorry to be an idiot.

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2499
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 21 Jan 2023

If nothing else works you could put it into a combinator and add a note lane for the combinator.

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 21 Jan 2023

yeah, tried that, doesn't receive notes

_andreypetr_
Posts: 36
Joined: 11 Aug 2021

Post 21 Jan 2023

Turn2on, and again I'm asking about Flanger DBL:)
Is it possible that you could add negative feedback to it?

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2499
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 21 Jan 2023

rorystorm wrote:
21 Jan 2023
yeah, tried that, doesn't receive notes
Had you also enabled the "receive notes" entry for the ASVF in the combi programmer? As this is an FX this is off by default.

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 21 Jan 2023

jam-s wrote:
21 Jan 2023
rorystorm wrote:
21 Jan 2023
yeah, tried that, doesn't receive notes
Had you also enabled the "receive notes" entry for the ASVF in the combi programmer? As this is an FX this is off by default.
yeah, nah, receive notes doesn't appear when you open the combi editor.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 22 Jan 2023

Hello.
Currently, device not receive midi notes to Filter Key Note.
At near update I try to add this. So device can start revive midi keys from sequencer.

Currently, Combinator solution is work.

- Create main signal device, set to play it with matrix sequence.
- Set ASVF-212 to Notes Freq mode.
- Set filter response to LP
- Set FilterQ to 100%
- Self-Osc = ON
- Set basic Note like a C4 or any other.
- Combine
- Set in Combinator ASVF-212: Source=Key, Target = Filter Note Key.
- Start to play keys and record Midi to Combinator track.
- Stop. You now have notes in Reason Sequencer, that control Note Key parameter of ASVF-212 by midi from sequencer and also midi keys.

Currently, ASVF-212 just cant receive midi, and Combinator can help.
I fix it at next update to have possibilities for recording and receiving notes from midi sequence at ASVF-212 track.

Снимок экрана 2023-01-22 в 10.36.59.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 22 Jan 2023

_andreypetr_ wrote:
21 Jan 2023
Turn2on, and again I'm asking about Flanger DBL:)
Is it possible that you could add negative feedback to it?
Hello. I need some free time to make test and changes in Flanger. After current works I back to Flanger update. Please waiting, I remember and set flanger DBL questions to priority. Sorry that you need to waiting. I believe in few days I can back to it.

_andreypetr_
Posts: 36
Joined: 11 Aug 2021

Post 22 Jan 2023

turn2on wrote:
22 Jan 2023
_andreypetr_ wrote:
21 Jan 2023
Turn2on, and again I'm asking about Flanger DBL:)
Is it possible that you could add negative feedback to it?
Hello. I need some free time to make test and changes in Flanger. After current works I back to Flanger update. Please waiting, I remember and set flanger DBL questions to priority. Sorry that you need to waiting. I believe in few days I can back to it.
Yes, thank you! I mean it's already brilliant but missing this, so yes, it could be even better 😍

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 2499
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 22 Jan 2023

rorystorm wrote:
21 Jan 2023
jam-s wrote:
21 Jan 2023


Had you also enabled the "receive notes" entry for the ASVF in the combi programmer? As this is an FX this is off by default.
yeah, nah, receive notes doesn't appear when you open the combi editor.
Oh sorry, I was not in front of the PC, so I could not try it out. But as t2on has written this seems to be an oversight which will be getting fixed soon. So again sorry for assuming things.

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 22 Jan 2023

turn2on wrote:
22 Jan 2023
Hello.
Currently, device not receive midi notes to Filter Key Note.
At near update I try to add this. So device can start revive midi keys from sequencer.

Currently, Combinator solution is work.

- Create main signal device, set to play it with matrix sequence.
- Set ASVF-212 to Notes Freq mode.
- Set filter response to LP
- Set FilterQ to 100%
- Self-Osc = ON
- Set basic Note like a C4 or any other.
- Combine
- Set in Combinator ASVF-212: Source=Key, Target = Filter Note Key.
- Start to play keys and record Midi to Combinator track.
- Stop. You now have notes in Reason Sequencer, that control Note Key parameter of ASVF-212 by midi from sequencer and also midi keys.

Currently, ASVF-212 just cant receive midi, and Combinator can help.
I fix it at next update to have possibilities for recording and receiving notes from midi sequence at ASVF-212 track.


Снимок экрана 2023-01-22 в 10.36.59.png
Excellent thank you! Really appreciate you getting back so quick.

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 22 Jan 2023

jam-s wrote:
22 Jan 2023
rorystorm wrote:
21 Jan 2023


yeah, nah, receive notes doesn't appear when you open the combi editor.
Oh sorry, I was not in front of the PC, so I could not try it out. But as t2on has written this seems to be an oversight which will be getting fixed soon. So again sorry for assuming things.
No worries!

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 22 Jan 2023

Ok. I already add possibilities to record notes key tracking in coming update.
How it working:

- active main signal, that activate Self-Oscillation when FilterQ=100%, SelfOsc=On.
- Filter Freq mode = Key Notes.
- create ASVF0212 device track to the sequencer
- create on the device track New Note Lane. Where now you can play/record midi notes

Update is coming soon as possible.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3238
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 22 Jan 2023

turn2on wrote:
22 Jan 2023
Ok. I already add possibilities to record notes key tracking in coming update.
How it working:

- active main signal, that activate Self-Oscillation when FilterQ=100%, SelfOsc=On.
- Filter Freq mode = Key Notes.
- create ASVF0212 device track to the sequencer
- create on the device track New Note Lane. Where now you can play/record midi notes

Update is coming soon as possible.
wow wow wow... something great is going to be even better... thank you for your hard work. :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals Minus - AKA > "The Oppressed" :shock:

rorystorm
Posts: 538
Joined: 06 Jul 2019

Post 22 Jan 2023

moneykube wrote:
22 Jan 2023
turn2on wrote:
22 Jan 2023
Ok. I already add possibilities to record notes key tracking in coming update.
How it working:

- active main signal, that activate Self-Oscillation when FilterQ=100%, SelfOsc=On.
- Filter Freq mode = Key Notes.
- create ASVF0212 device track to the sequencer
- create on the device track New Note Lane. Where now you can play/record midi notes

Update is coming soon as possible.
wow wow wow... something great is going to be even better... thank you for your hard work. :exclamation:
^^+1. Great!

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 26 Jan 2023

MuRFA24 / Update 1.1.2:
Bugfix: Wrong Modulation Speed reslution in Hz mode.
Now work in range 0.01 … 100 Hz

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... -array-24/

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 1229
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 26 Jan 2023

Thanks for your continuing support.
----
Most users think the reason their requests aren't being met, is because some developer somewhere in a cubical refuses to waive its magic wand.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 599
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 31 Jan 2023

ASVF-212, UPDATE v. 2.0.1:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... le-filter/

Filter keytrack & Self-Oscilltion now can be controllable by midi notes from the Reason sequencer (piano roll). ASVF-212 now accept incoming notes from the device sequencer track.

For Oscillator keytrack: Just create ASVF-212, set Notes frequency mode, select in context menu “New Note Lane” and create midi clip with sequence for self-oscillated signal.

For Filter keytrack: Just create ASVF-212, set Frequency mode, select in context menu “New Note Lane” and create midi clip with sequence for filter keytrack.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Google [Bot], turbopage and 0 guests