Is there a player that can delay/quantize incoming midi notes?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Aquila

29 Dec 2022

Say, for example, I want to use my keyboard to trigger an arpeggio or maybe a NNXT loop. Other than being 100% perfect with my timing, is there a player that can hold my key press and quantize it to the next bar?

If not, can someone make one please? :D

_andreypetr_

29 Dec 2022

Did you try Note Echo?

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2022

Aquila wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Say, for example, I want to use my keyboard to trigger an arpeggio or maybe a NNXT loop. Other than being 100% perfect with my timing, is there a player that can hold my key press and quantize it to the next bar?

If not, can someone make one please? :D
Are you thinking something that quantizes midi when playing live? Or am I misunderstanding what you are after.

008 (who I think is a reasontalk member) created this, not sure if it what you want or if I misunderstood what you are after.

https://sounds.doubleoeight.com/blogs/0 ... ime-refill

Live has something similar but the issue is if you are out of time it might quantize incorrectly. I tend to just play it live and the quantize after.

Ignore this if I misunderstood your needs 😊

Aquila

29 Dec 2022

Popey wrote:
29 Dec 2022
008 (who I think is a reasontalk member) created this,
Yes, quantizing when playing live. Gonna give that refill a try first, never hurts to check :puf_smile:

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2022

Aquila wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Popey wrote:
29 Dec 2022
008 (who I think is a reasontalk member) created this,
Yes, quantizing when playing live. Gonna give that refill a try first, never hurts to check :puf_smile:
No problem. I haven't actually tried 008 refill but hope it works for you.

-008'

29 Dec 2022

i apologize in advance for it probably not doing exactly what you want! :D
It will only quantize the initial note's pulse, no lengths or anything like that.

But now i wonder, perhaps this could be achieved with something like Delta? Like my patch going into Delta, etc etc..
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

Aquila

29 Dec 2022

-008' wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Well, given I'm struggling to figure out how to actually download the pack I should probably accept that apology :lol:

Seriously though, am I doing anything wrong? I've filled out the email form but all I received was a subscription confirmation and no links.

-008'

29 Dec 2022

Aquila wrote:
29 Dec 2022
-008' wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Well, given I'm struggling to figure out how to actually download the pack I should probably accept that apology :lol:

Seriously though, am I doing anything wrong? I've filled out the email form but all I received was a subscription confirmation and no links.
no its probably my system email stuff, long in disarray i will pm you the link
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

8BitMaelstrom

02 Feb 2023

-008' wrote:
29 Dec 2022
Aquila wrote:
29 Dec 2022

no its probably my system email stuff, long in disarray i will pm you the link
Hey can i get in on that too? CorrecTime looks awesome!

Aquila

26 Mar 2023

-008' wrote:
29 Dec 2022
i will pm you the link
So I can confirm this does what I need albeit with limited functionality. I can now trigger notes live with perfect timing for arpeggios etc but it'll only work in certain scenarios.

It would be great if this was a Player, that way it could work with any device and also have separate instances attached to multiple intruments within a combinator.

If there's any RE devs out there interested in building such a device please let me know.

-008'

26 Mar 2023

Aquila wrote:
26 Mar 2023
-008' wrote:
29 Dec 2022
i will pm you the link
If there's any RE devs out there interested in building such a device please let me know.
Or, just a thought devs.... maybe even let ME know! :lol: If any devs or RS ever do want to do something like this, please consider my resumé! I can guarantee you that I would have more useful input and opinions on the implementation and use of this specific function than anyone else alive. :thumbup:

- I : discovered it in Reason, built it, refined it, gave it away for free for the last 12 years.
- It's been DLd thousands of times, and I even send it along personally to people like Aquila here when they ask for this feature on the forum.
- Studied TimeCorrect from years worth of MPC manuals and in my quest i also had a couple emails with Roger Linn himself.
- FFS i even kept going until i had the Shuffle too. lol

Yes in current state it's a sort of kludge for a grander idea, but I'm no dev.
I have proposed directly to work with RS and build it to their regroove mixer. (no interest)
Begged quite a few devs to explore the possibility when REs/Players first launched. (no interest)

sorry for the outburst just makes me cringe at the thought of someone else doing it after these wasted years i put in. story of my life unfortunately.

after all it's just an idea with no ownership, so i do look forward to seeing it in the shop just to spite me. :cry:
To be honest i thought it would just be an added feature in Delta by now!

Aquila

26 Mar 2023

-008' wrote:
26 Mar 2023
sorry for the outburst just makes me cringe at the thought of someone else doing it after these wasted years i put in. story of my life unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear you feel jilted by that notion. I'm very grateful that you stepped in to help, so my apologies if my suggestion rubbed you the wrong way.

FWIW there's many things that third party devs have made that should've been in an official build by now (for example, remember Delora Software's RStouch? That should've been taken on board by Reason Studios long ago but was left to die).

-008'

26 Mar 2023

Aquila wrote:
26 Mar 2023
-008' wrote:
26 Mar 2023

I'm sorry to hear you feel jilted by that notion. I'm very grateful that you stepped in to help, so my apologies if my suggestion rubbed you the wrong way.

FWIW there's many things that third party devs have made that should've been in an official build by now (for example, remember Delora Software's RStouch? That should've been taken on board by Reason Studios long ago but was left to die).
Apologies Aquila, to clarify i don't feel jilted. Mostly just disappointed in myself for never making it happen.
Even to this day i have some new edits and Combi2.0 versions of it, but it was always for the love of it.
That said, of course i would leap at the chance to work with anyone, be it into Reason (preferred) or an Re.

Earlier i was just shouting at the clouds! :cool: i thought this was a forum for seniors!
(... Hey these aren't my pants...somebody crapped in these!)

• Information