Cobra versus other Skrock Synths

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
moalla

26 Dec 2022

Today i trialed Cobra, my first impression sounds nice, but when i switch of the light SMFX effects of this device it´s nothing special compared with Kraft, Electrons sounds similiar in some cases, especial it has also this unison per osc, but that´s obviously the killer feature of Cobra and Electrons and i had not the time to check it, Cobras phase per osc feature looks nice, but found not the time to use it really.

I think Cobra a good sounding synth, i´s okay, but with relatively small number of presets around 170 when i countered it right. Electons has 260Presets and Morningstar don´t know just trialed, there are no information about on the hp.

In terms of usage, i would say someone who is a new reason user could look for, Morningstar of it´s amazing analog synth presets are really worthy also Cobra or Electrons are cool. But for me who owns Solar5, Aurora, Kraft and Thermal.... it gives me not the big update of new synth sounds, especial when i hear what amazing presets are made by Carly for Kraft. Big thanks to skrock for the superb SMFX effects.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

crimsonwarlock

26 Dec 2022

I already had Kraft and Morningstar (which is wonderful). Bought Electrons for its modulation sequencer
and Pulse PWM because... synthwave :puf_smile:

I got Thermal thrown in for free this sale (if you don't have it, grab it before the sale is over).

I really like the Skrock synths, but Cobra doesn't add anything special for me. Same goes for Horizons, which is only ten bucks right now, so I passed on that one too. The only one I still want to pick up is Tectonic, but I've blown my budget for this sale, so it has to wait for another one.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

• Information