ReFlanger - very nice modulation effect

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dusan.cani

23 Dec 2022

reflanger.PNG
reflanger.PNG (137.72 KiB) Viewed 1705 times

Another RE which deserves more attention.

Of course there are many flanger effects but each one has its own character. And this RE flanger brings very pleasant, warm colour to original synth sounds. It definitely has its own organic vibe which creates some magic in the processed sounds.

It has easy controls for tweaking a very variable range of outcome - from very light and mild flanging / chorus enhancements to dramatic and wild flanger, phaser and comb effects.

It operates either in a classic mode or baber pole effect which has additional switch on the back selecting the "up" or "down" infinity mode.

It's also possible to turn off internal modulation by turning the "Width" control to zero. In that state the device operates like comb filter and it's possible to change the cutoff manually by "Delay" control. "Regen" knob sets the amount and polarity of feedback so "comb +" or "comb - " and inverted flanger/phaser effects can be achieved.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... reflanger/

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2022

I didn’t even know it existed. I do like their filter though and have been using it quite a bit. I’ll give this one a spin soon and see if I like it. Thanks :puf_smile:

BRIGGS

24 Dec 2022

r11s

Theo.M

01 Apr 2024

Sadly this one causes non stop crashes for me.
Out of every single RE I have currently installed (all demos bar Euclid rhythm, maybe 40 RE's currently installed plus all the Reason+ devices), this is the only one that does it, and it's consistent, so I truly do believe the issue is the RE.
Even on a new project with one track and no other effects, as soon as I drag it in, I get the error pop up message and that the device has been disabled.
Now, if I save, then close Reason and re open it, the device is there and working, but I am not going to do this for one device every time I want to use it.
It's actually a good flanger, and has very long sync times which I happen to love so I can do uber drawn out flange sequences in tempo, so man do I hope they fix it.
But I thought this might notify the developer of the issue and it would be worth posting.

Loque

01 Apr 2024

Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Out of every single RE I have currently installed (all demos bar Euclid rhythm, maybe 40 RE's currently installed plus all the Reason+ devices), this is the only one that does it, and it's consistent, so I truly do believe the issue is the RE.
Even on a new project with one track and no other effects, as soon as I drag it in, I get the error pop up message and that the device has been disabled.
Now, if I save, then close Reason and re open it, the device is there and working, but I am not going to do this for one device every time I want to use it.
It's actually a good flanger, and has very long sync times which I happen to love so I can do uber drawn out flange sequences in tempo, so man do I hope they fix it.
But I thought this might notify the developer of the issue and it would be worth posting.
MagmaSonic is AFAIK
drno wrote:
Reason12, Win10

Theo.M

01 Apr 2024

Loque wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
MagmaSonic is AFAIK
drno wrote:
I don't understand what that means, sorry

Loque

01 Apr 2024

Theo.M wrote:
01 Apr 2024
Loque wrote:
01 Apr 2024

MagmaSonic is AFAIK
I don't understand what that means, sorry
1. I quoted, which shows up in his (devs) inbox