A monthly video review of ALL rack extension?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Would you partecipate in making review videos in monthly challenges??

Yes.
86%
No, it fine like it is now.
No votes
Yes, but to do it professionally, RS could have some post production added, also like merging all of the vids, without a winner...
No votes
No, it should be handled by professionals.
14%

Total votes: 7
Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2022

I just finished watching the last Reason Studios video on yt.
If I was a musician that is approaching to Reason, and not someone with an hystory behind, so I know all about Reason Rack extension history, vsts, players, vst3, midi, all of that... It would take me quite some time to understand what are rack extensions capable of... Why isnt Reason Studio Actively supporting advertising via yt videos, of all of the Reason environment?? Currently, the most cool idea for advertising new rack extension, is via the Competitions and challenges...

I could pump one video for each extension out every day... the Fritz Echobode video I did sometime ago,
is my top view video on my channel... and it is anything clos to RND noise vids, or Benedict... Alien, etc..

would it be a cool thing to have competitions every month on one device of choice?? It would keep the forum users engaged, it would pump the ecosystem...

Who does agree it would be a better practice than current Reason Studio advertising manangement??

Faastwalker

21 Dec 2022

Are you suggesting a competition to make review or demo videos of RE's? That's a cool idea alongside the song challenges. Always up for more videos ;-) Especially for RE's that don't have many or any videos demonstrating them.

Re8et
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2022

Faastwalker wrote:
21 Dec 2022
Are you suggesting a competition to make review or demo videos of RE's? That's a cool idea alongside the song challenges. Always up for more videos ;-) Especially for RE's that don't have many or any videos demonstrating them.
In a way, yes, in another, I also see some yt vids like the SonicTalk podcast, which are just podcast between artists, with nothing in particular of interest apparently glueing the script together, if there is any, but it rounds out talking about loads of hardware, software content, in a not super exhaustive way... it just keeps the listening easy going. A real pleasure ear me saying. So
yes, and no, because I'm not sure competitions and prizes are the better way forward.
It worked untill now and it could be an option for those uncovered Re's but it's an option,
and above all a talk, perhaps better to have in a kitchen than in a studio.
I dunno... ;
)

Perhaps there's the impression that the current RS video content is boring, which is not, but it feels like it's not merely enough...

• Information