Europa stock wavetable location?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
guitfnky

08 Nov 2022

just wondering if it's possible to access the stock wavetables included in Europa, and if so, where those files are located...trying to transition some songs fully to Ableton for live performance and would like to be able to recreate one of my Europa patches with the stock Ableton plugins so I don't have to worry about authorizing Reason separately in a live setting.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Jackjackdaw

08 Nov 2022

Maybe you could automate a slow sweep through the shapes and record the audio to make a wave table with.

huggermugger

08 Nov 2022

Check if you own the Europa VST. They included it in an earlier version of Reason.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 8.29.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 8.29.21 AM.png (62.63 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

platzangst

08 Nov 2022

guitfnky wrote:
08 Nov 2022
just wondering if it's possible to access the stock wavetables included in Europa, and if so, where those files are located...
Probably not.

Generally Reason devices seem to have their data contained in the device itself, or wrapped inside a Refill, and either way not easily accessible if at all. I don't know if that applies for the aforementioned VST version, but I tend to think it would be similarly difficult.

Jackjackdaw

08 Nov 2022

I think the VST was suggested to circumvent the online authorisation rather than to mine the wave tables from

Stygian Abyss

08 Nov 2022

In fact, there are no stock wavetables included as audio files in Europa.

Even if this synth can load user wavetables, the factory ones are generated in real time from mathematical formulas, increasing the synth's waveshape manipulation capabilities.
For those how know Serum, this could be compared to using its mathematical formula parser directly as an audio data source.

Thus, Jackjackdaw's suggestion about creating wavetables from Europa's audio output seems to be the your only available choice.

guitfnky

08 Nov 2022

thanks everyone—I suspected I might be SOL, and it sounds likely that I am. oh well. maybe one day I’ll dig in and try to ballpark it, but in the meantime I’ll have to stick with Reason.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information