Chord Sequencer 1.1 update now available (latest: 1.1.2)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Posts: 851
Joined: 22 Feb 2017

Post 14 Nov 2022

i remember it happening a few years back for about a week and then it returned to normal.
i wonder though now if it is actually on purpose, if SyncAll isn't version aware and some RE's aren't compatible with pre-10.1 Reason

User avatar
DaveyG
Posts: 1841
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 14 Nov 2022

There has always been something flakey with updating REs and licences. Sometimes you need to try "sync all" two or three times. Sometimes I start up Reason and it says "some of your licences are out of date" even though nothing has changed and I have to wait while it writes the same licences it has previously written. Ghost in the machine.

User avatar
Noiserunner
Posts: 78
Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Location: Munich, Germany

Post 14 Nov 2022

doze wrote:
13 Nov 2022
Sync All doesn't seem to be working like it used to? ...
Yes, for me, too. "Sync All" stopped working half a year ago. I'm regularly looking to "New Arrivals".
(MacBook Pro 13", Big Sur, Reason 12 (sometimes Ableton, Logic Pro X, Reaper), some soft- and hardware)

User avatar
FLVZ
Posts: 504
Joined: 17 Aug 2016
Location: ZW | GB

Post 14 Nov 2022

Noiserunner wrote:
14 Nov 2022
doze wrote:
13 Nov 2022
Sync All doesn't seem to be working like it used to? ...
Yes, for me, too. "Sync All" stopped working half a year ago. I'm regularly looking to "New Arrivals".
Yeah, now that you mention it, I have a tonne a REs that are listed as free due to updates. Reason 12 is buggy af! Only recently applied my upgrade, must have been a nightmare when it was first released...I guess you can't ask for more new features ASAP without something else getting compromised in the grand scheme of things...

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 955
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 14 Nov 2022

FLVZ wrote:
14 Nov 2022
Yeah, now that you mention it, I have a tonne a REs that are listed as free due to updates.
Can you name a few because there have been only a few updates to REs as of late? There are several free REs flagged as if you don't have them yet, but this is a reported problem in the shop and acknowledged by RS. It has nothing to do with updates.
----
The smart thing to do is using a DAW because of what the DAW does, not because of what the company behind the DAW does.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 3994
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 14 Nov 2022

Did anyone find out what the point update was for? 1.1.1
Remember this - freedom of expression does not exist in this dojo.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Nov 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
14 Nov 2022
FLVZ wrote:
14 Nov 2022
Yeah, now that you mention it, I have a tonne a REs that are listed as free due to updates.
Can you name a few because there have been only a few updates to REs as of late? There are several free REs flagged as if you don't have them yet, but this is a reported problem in the shop and acknowledged by RS. It has nothing to do with updates.
pretty sure all of these came up as free on the shop page... you have to click the "free" rack, then click the free update, make purchase of 0 dollars, confirm... then go to the next rack "free" and do the same... after that authorizer sync all works... but before selecting each update in this manner authorizer does not acknowledge there are updates... on a few racks I owned the page showed the price full... for something I owned ( how would I know there was an update unless I say what a minute, I own that, click on the rack and then see free update, purchase it for 0 dollars yet again) It is tedious. I am using R11 currently so this is not only a R12 issue....
Note also InRange 1.0.2 Sept 28> and likely many many more, earlier than these.
Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.20.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.21.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.22.26 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
crimsonwarlock
Posts: 955
Joined: 06 Nov 2021
Location: Close to the Edge

Post 14 Nov 2022

moneykube wrote:
14 Nov 2022
pretty sure all of these came up as free on the shop page...
Ah, that means you didn't look for updates for a while. Most of those updates are from weeks ago... or even longer. Umpf were updated almost a month ago :puf_wink:

I didn't see Umpf as free in the shop, instead I had to go to my products and hit update there for each RE, and download after updating the license.
----
The smart thing to do is using a DAW because of what the DAW does, not because of what the company behind the DAW does.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Nov 2022

crimsonwarlock wrote:
14 Nov 2022
moneykube wrote:
14 Nov 2022
pretty sure all of these came up as free on the shop page...
Ah, that means you didn't look for updates for a while. Most of those updates are from weeks ago... or even longer. Umpf were updated almost a month ago :puf_wink:

I didn't see Umpf as free in the shop, instead I had to go to my products and hit update there for each RE, and download after updating the license.
This happened as they came out, most times after I read about them being updated here... my updates come up as a logo that says free... then when you click on them you see free update... before they would be listed as free updates on the site... not just "free" ... some come up with prices although I own them and I am logged in... when I click one I know I own, only then I see the free update... then there are countless other I did get for free that remain listed as free even though I own them... I check very often bro... and usually get clued into the update when it is mentioned here... this is indeed a 3 steps backward approach in my opinion... if you own a rack... and you are logged in... there should be no prices on racks that need updating. Clicking "free" should not be the requirement to click on the rack to find the update( it SHOULD say as it did for years> "free update" not just "free"),and also>> "free" should at least disappear if you own the racks and there is no update... Yes I heard there is a problem if you own a lot of racks... but this has been known now for a year or so>I own a lot of racks that made the company money, so really, it should not be an issue at all... the shop site can not be THAT hard to fix... it worked for many years with out these issues. :exclamation: Check the dates in the pictures for the ones I sent snapshots of... they were within days of the updates being released and sometimes the very day they were released >>> so not checking for a long time is NOT the issue at all. I check the site at least twice a week. The sales plugin website needs desperate repair... they have people for that... right????? :question: I am pretty sure the website is not made by those fixing and/or working on reason 12... that is usually a third party developer on most sites.I could go back much farther with such snapshots but it only let me post 3 of the most recent ones, and I mentioned the one I could not put a snapshot of that was fairly recent but the snapshot limit had been reached.... This has been going on a long time. You asked for examples... I can add quite a few more examples of this happening over the last year and the year before. :shock: If the authorizer can't recognize that the racks have been updated ( which was the point of authorizer when using sync all ), at least the site should state the free updates on updated racks one owns, like it once did flawlessly for many , many years. :re: Often I catch them as they come out on the product page where racks appear at the top saying "free"or stating full price which also happens, even though I have purchased them>>if the racks are at the top of the page, it is a new release. I have missed some older ones at times( very few), but that is because I tire of this weird quirk, and once and awhile I am away for a week or two and miss the announcement that is usually here. I grabbed the Umpf updates within a few days of their releases... got the ones that came with bugs just before that>> so I was checking regularly for the update. There is no reason the webpage should not know what I own and what has been updated that needs updating. I spend extra time clicking on racks that are "free" that I own , just to check if it is an indeed an update or if it is yet another quirk with the shop page. The Chord Sequencer update was a rack listed at full price even though I purchased it before.( IT DID NOT SAY free or free update) ahem , on the very day the update came out, which THANKFULLY I saw from a post here, that it had been updated. I ran sync all before seeing the post and authorizer had no clue.Pretty sure the BassLineGenerator update to 1.04 was the same>>> as was Pattern Mutator 1.0.4>. They all listed the full price as have others... I see the update notifications here. If listed as full price > why would anyone even click on something they own that says it costs full price? So... you miss the update unless someone posts about it. THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 10096
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2022

1.1.2 is now available.

- Fixed a bug where Chord Sequencer could crash when doing Paste Chord.
- Fixed a bug where editing note velocity in a chord would affect the Suitability colors

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 2013
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2022

moneykube wrote:
14 Nov 2022
This happened as they came out, most times after I read about them being updated here... my updates come up as a logo that says free... then when you click on them you see free update... before they would be listed as free updates on the site... not just "free" ... some come up with prices although I own them and I am logged in... when I click one I know I own, only then I see the free update... then there are countless other I did get for free that remain listed as free even though I own them... I check very often bro... and usually get clued into the update when it is mentioned here... this is indeed a 3 steps backward approach in my opinion... if you own a rack... and you are logged in... there should be no prices on racks that need updating. Clicking "free" should not be the requirement to click on the rack to find the update( it SHOULD say as it did for years> "free update" not just "free"),and also>> "free" should at least disappear if you own the racks and there is no update... Yes I heard there is a problem if you own a lot of racks... but this has been known now for a year or so>I own a lot of racks that made the company money, so really, it should not be an issue at all... the shop site can not be THAT hard to fix... it worked for many years with out these issues. :exclamation: Check the dates in the pictures for the ones I sent snapshots of... they were within days of the updates being released and sometimes the very day they were released >>> so not checking for a long time is NOT the issue at all. I check the site at least twice a week. The sales plugin website needs desperate repair... they have people for that... right????? :question: I am pretty sure the website is not made by those fixing and/or working on reason 12... that is usually a third party developer on most sites.I could go back much farther with such snapshots but it only let me post 3 of the most recent ones, and I mentioned the one I could not put a snapshot of that was fairly recent but the snapshot limit had been reached.... This has been going on a long time. You asked for examples... I can add quite a few more examples of this happening over the last year and the year before. :shock: If the authorizer can't recognize that the racks have been updated ( which was the point of authorizer when using sync all ), at least the site should state the free updates on updated racks one owns, like it once did flawlessly for many , many years. :re: Often I catch them as they come out on the product page where racks appear at the top saying "free"or stating full price which also happens, even though I have purchased them>>if the racks are at the top of the page, it is a new release. I have missed some older ones at times( very few), but that is because I tire of this weird quirk, and once and awhile I am away for a week or two and miss the announcement that is usually here. I grabbed the Umpf updates within a few days of their releases... got the ones that came with bugs just before that>> so I was checking regularly for the update. There is no reason the webpage should not know what I own and what has been updated that needs updating. I spend extra time clicking on racks that are "free" that I own , just to check if it is an indeed an update or if it is yet another quirk with the shop page. The Chord Sequencer update was a rack listed at full price even though I purchased it before.( IT DID NOT SAY free or free update) ahem , on the very day the update came out, which THANKFULLY I saw from a post here, that it had been updated. I ran sync all before seeing the post and authorizer had no clue.Pretty sure the BassLineGenerator update to 1.04 was the same>>> as was Pattern Mutator 1.0.4>. They all listed the full price as have others... I see the update notifications here. If listed as full price > why would anyone even click on something they own that says it costs full price? So... you miss the update unless someone posts about it. THIS IS AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Dude, paragraphs

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7972
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 18 Nov 2022

dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Dude, paragraphs
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
18 Nov 2022
1.1.2 is now available.

- Fixed a bug where Chord Sequencer could crash when doing Paste Chord.
- Fixed a bug where editing note velocity in a chord would affect the Suitability colors
thanks joeyluck ! and also Reason Studios !
dvdrtldg wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Dude, paragraphs
:lol: what IS a paragraph??? That would make it look even more like a book. :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7972
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 18 Nov 2022

moneykube wrote:
18 Nov 2022
:lol: what IS a paragraph??? That would make it look even more like a book. :puf_wink:
Eh.. at least a little indentation and separation of sentences perhaps? :clap: :thumbup: Would certainly be a lot more effective at getting your point across without making your reader squint to the point of getting a migraine trying to interpret a massive block of un-ending text. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2022

EnochLight wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Eh.. at least a little indentation and separation of sentences perhaps? :clap: :thumbup: Would certainly be a lot more effective at getting your point across without making your reader squint to the point of getting a migraine trying to interpret a massive block of un-ending text. :lol:
alright... perhaps next rant then...
I thought periods , commas , and arrows "could" indicate sentences and or breaks....
>>>> Within the long text that was explaining why not checking recently, was NOT the issue.
I tried to explain the situation the best I could while being exhausted from the day.
LoL , I apologize if migraines were caused. :lol:
6 separate lines of text for you all. :puf_bigsmile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
littlejam
Posts: 704
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2022

hello,

this is completely off topic, kinda of
the guy i'm writing for for the tv shows
has no line breaks, no paragraphs, bad spelling
but he is telling a story

i copy and paste into a word doc
and format for tv / movie / book
stream of conscious writing is cool
i may be being redundant

and that is the fun part
if you have patience
to discern the story / rant within all of everything is written
and you listen to a cool song

3 quatrains ain't bad, right?

jcheers
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3131
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 18 Nov 2022

EnochLight wrote:
18 Nov 2022
Eh.. at least a little indentation and separation of sentences perhaps? :clap: :thumbup: Would certainly be a lot more effective at getting your point across without making your reader squint to the point of getting a migraine trying to interpret a massive block of un-ending text. :lol:
Providing solutions to problems noted by other users, would be WAY more constructive, than attacking the way I explained the problem, when examples were specifically asked for and given >IMHO. To attack a person who explained the problem quite well is one kind of lame approach > "IF" indeed one must post something , but does not have any solutions, or any proper suggestions on how to solve the issue. I can't see this as being the best approach, even if what I explained was with more words than "preferred", and/or was typed "imperfectly" in some people's eyes. I forgot I also used dot dot dot... which is also a break in text I used along with arrows like >>> , and of course comas, periods, question marks, and explanation marks.
I write long posts this way with abbreviated breaks, so they don't suck up miles of space on the forums I am involved in !
Less pages that way... see the logic?
Shoot the messenger if you must. BUT> FIX THE PROBLEM !
Again Chord Sequencer was listed as free and not a free update. It came out now... So I was not late to the party.
BTW I tried to "indent" sentences in this post, but the forum does not seem to allow it. As a moderator you "should" know this.
Do you want separate sentences with a line of space in-between sentences? ( that would make one super long text)
"making your reader squint">>> time to get glasses perhaps???
I thought periods end a sentence. Or, one uses a question mark or an exclamation mark :exclamation:
I had high marks in English.
That IS how a sentence ends.
How about this?
Authorizer bad !
Authorizer no longer works as it did !
The shop site is malfunctioning !
No examples can be given because that would require too many words !
End transmission !
BETTER????
A shorter rant this time, and I REALLY hope no migraines were acquired this time. :lol:
Last edited by moneykube on 18 Nov 2022, edited 2 times in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7972
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Imladris

Post 18 Nov 2022

moneykube wrote:
18 Nov 2022
TL:DR
:( :puf_unhappy: :o :cry: :shock:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
bossa
Posts: 217
Joined: 26 Jan 2017
Location: Gudensberg Germany

Post 19 Nov 2022

rgdaniel wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Great update! Also, love that Mallets patch from Loop Loft. Is that found somewhere in Reason's vast default loop collection, or if not does anyone know where I might get it? Loop Loft website is not specific about patch names (e.g. "Mallets 1 Big & Wet 65") included in their listed collections.
There someone had the same question and asked Ryan in the youtube comments and got the following answer:

That's a great loop right?! It comes from a ReFill Looploft makes called "everything but sticks". /ryan

https://www.thelooploft.com/products/ev ... but-sticks

User avatar
rgdaniel
Posts: 565
Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Location: Canada

Post 20 Nov 2022

bossa wrote:
19 Nov 2022
rgdaniel wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Great update! Also, love that Mallets patch from Loop Loft. Is that found somewhere in Reason's vast default loop collection, or if not does anyone know where I might get it? Loop Loft website is not specific about patch names (e.g. "Mallets 1 Big & Wet 65") included in their listed collections.
There someone had the same question and asked Ryan in the youtube comments and got the following answer:

That's a great loop right?! It comes from a ReFill Looploft makes called "everything but sticks". /ryan

https://www.thelooploft.com/products/ev ... but-sticks
LOL, yup, that was me! :)
Thanks!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Noise and 2 guests