Chord Sequencer 1.1 update now available (latest: 1.1.2)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

09 Nov 2022

And they also updated pattern mutator not that long ago.

I think people will start truly noticing when RS update old devices allowing automation for all parameters, and code automatic one click routing to individual mix channels to multiple output devices like Kong, redrum, etc. Things like that that make life easier and make glorious noises.

jam-s

09 Nov 2022

buddard wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2022

Yeah, they have done in the past (albeit sparingly) with the Dr.Octo.Rex, Europa and Combinator too. ;)
Don't forget Beat Map! In Reason 11.3 we added 2 additional maps + preset buttons for common pattern lengths.

RV7000 mkII was also a pretty big improvement with the addition of the convolution algorithm + custom IR loading.
Yes, those were really good additions. Now I (still) hope that Kong could get some love and finally get 16 individual stereo outputs (one for each pad) and a button to keep the pad-to-output-mapping fixed when loading patches.

PhillipOrdonez

09 Nov 2022

jam-s wrote:
09 Nov 2022
buddard wrote:
09 Nov 2022

Don't forget Beat Map! In Reason 11.3 we added 2 additional maps + preset buttons for common pattern lengths.

RV7000 mkII was also a pretty big improvement with the addition of the convolution algorithm + custom IR loading.
Yes, those were really good additions. Now I (still) hope that Kong could get some love and finally get 16 individual stereo outputs (one for each pad) and a button to keep the pad-to-output-mapping fixed when loading patches.
Yes. Kong needs one stereo out per pad. Yes! And if there are 16 outputs, you don't even need to have pad to output routing. Like on mimic, they are fixed, which would solve the patch switching output issue.

Jackjackdaw

09 Nov 2022

Kong channels , exactly. It is my all time most used device in Reason. I would go as far as to say it could use a button , or right click option that created and routed all 16 pads to mix channels automatically.

EnochLight

09 Nov 2022

Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Wait... They updated an old device? Added features? Wtf?
Yeah, they have done in the past (albeit sparingly) with the Dr.Octo.Rex, Europa and Combinator too. ;)
Parsec as well (the original at launch didn’t have a lot of the features that “2.0” has currently, including custom displays).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PhillipOrdonez

09 Nov 2022

Jackjackdaw wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Kong channels , exactly. It is my all time most used device in Reason. I would go as far as to say it could use a button , or right click option that created and routed all 16 pads to mix channels automatically.
Automatic mix channel routing on Kong, redrum, mimic, umpf and all multi output devices!

Billy+

09 Nov 2022

One extra feature I would like to see added is the ability to select multiple notes to be passed on via the bass notes cv ;) maybe a simple alt click inside the chord edit mode.

Creativemind

09 Nov 2022

EnochLight wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2022

Parsec as well (the original at launch didn’t have a lot of the features that “2.0” has currently, including custom displays).
Oh yes and Parsec but I was thinking of native devices. Just thought, they updated RV7000 as well by adding convolution.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

09 Nov 2022

buddard wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2022

Yeah I just mentioned the RV7000 before seeing your reply. Yeah that convolution was a great addition / improvement.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

challism

10 Nov 2022

buddard wrote:
09 Nov 2022
Creativemind wrote:
09 Nov 2022

All great updates!

And big THANK YOU to RS for listening to their user base and increasing the max steps on Pattern Mutator from 99 to 128. I made a lot of noise with that request, and I'm not sure that I ever publicly thanked RS for adding those extra steps... so a belated THANK YOU to RS for that!

How awesome would it be to see RS do similar updates to legacy devices like they did with Dr Rex and RV7000. I hope they consider it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bullt

10 Nov 2022

Mine has a bug,
if I try to playback from 1-8 bars, most of the times it only play bars 1 to 4....

joeyluck

10 Nov 2022

bullt wrote:
10 Nov 2022
Mine has a bug,
if I try to playback from 1-8 bars, most of the times it only play bars 1 to 4....
Do you mean CS loops again before bars 5-8 while it is set to 8 bars? Or is it playing through bars 5-8, but not triggering the chords? Do you have an example file or screenshot? Is the main Reason sequencer set to loop bars 1-4 by chance? Do you have other MIDI notes in Reason's sequencer on top of chords in CS's sequencer? Any CV connections?

bullt

10 Nov 2022

Yes, it loops sometimes again before bars 5-8 while it is set to 8 bars

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

10 Nov 2022

EnochLight wrote:
08 Nov 2022
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
08 Nov 2022
Video: is it just me, oe does Ryan have a cold?
No, I picked up on that too. Been hearing his voice in promos for well over a decade, and he definitely sounded congested.
Hahah! You guys are correct. I had a cold, actually one that I'm still getting over the last symptoms of but i was def congested. It's funny because I filmed most of that video on a Monday which was day one of my cold and I thought I sounded pretty passable but the raver clips I filmed on a Thursday once all the props arrived and I was SUPER congested then. I tried my best to sound at least like I was at Monday's level of congestion but I can certainly hear on the rave joke line and the ending line of the video that I sound like a marshmallow head. :)

MuttReason

10 Nov 2022

ryanharlin wrote:
10 Nov 2022
EnochLight wrote:
08 Nov 2022

No, I picked up on that too. Been hearing his voice in promos for well over a decade, and he definitely sounded congested.
Hahah! You guys are correct. I had a cold, actually one that I'm still getting over the last symptoms of but i was def congested. It's funny because I filmed most of that video on a Monday which was day one of my cold and I thought I sounded pretty passable but the raver clips I filmed on a Thursday once all the props arrived and I was SUPER congested then. I tried my best to sound at least like I was at Monday's level of congestion but I can certainly hear on the rave joke line and the ending line of the video that I sound like a marshmallow head. :)
Hope you shake it off soon Ryan. No fun broadcasting with a crappy cold. I had to do that many years back, in my first big break in radio I finally got to do some primetime reporting and almost immediately got the worst cold I’d ever had, it made me sound like a kind of castrated Bugs Bunny with the most ridiculous squeaky nasal voice. My brainwave fix - this was back in the analog days - was to record all my links to tape and then bounce them down with the Revox varispeed dialled down by around a quarter to make my voice sound deeper plus I boosted the desk EQ at around 300Hz or so to put a bit more bottom end in. Net effect was pretty damn weird TBH, like Bugs Bunny’s dad had got wasted and decided to do a radio show while speaking reaaaalllllyyy slowwwlllly, but I kind of got away with it (I think). Anyhoo, get well soon! And… great video, absolutely loved it.

joeyluck

10 Nov 2022

bullt wrote:
10 Nov 2022
Yes, it loops sometimes again before bars 5-8 while it is set to 8 bars
Do you have a patch or Reason file you can share?

steff3

11 Nov 2022

Seems there is a version 1.1.1 - no change log though .....

huggermugger

11 Nov 2022

steff3 wrote:
11 Nov 2022
Oh, you got me excited for a minute. I thought they had fixed the copy/paste bug, but it doesn't look like it.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.24.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-11 at 3.24.14 PM.png (369.92 KiB) Viewed 3811 times

joeyluck

11 Nov 2022

huggermugger wrote:
11 Nov 2022
steff3 wrote:
11 Nov 2022
Oh, you got me excited for a minute. I thought they had fixed the copy/paste bug, but it doesn't look like it.
Good catch. Did you report it?

huggermugger

11 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
11 Nov 2022
huggermugger wrote:
11 Nov 2022

Good catch. Did you report it?
I did indeed.

FLVZ

11 Nov 2022

Looks like i started my trial just before this update, wasn't really taking to the device tbh but looks like I can't trial the new updates. Tried deleting and syncing all but always downloads v1.0

joeyluck

11 Nov 2022

FLVZ wrote:
11 Nov 2022
Looks like i started my trial just before this update, wasn't really taking to the device tbh but looks like I can't trial the new updates. Tried deleting and syncing all but always downloads v1.0
Are you using Companion or launching Authorizer from your account?

FLVZ

13 Nov 2022

joeyluck wrote:
11 Nov 2022
FLVZ wrote:
11 Nov 2022
Not sure what companion is, i thought hitting sync all took care of updating devices where available?

joeyluck

13 Nov 2022

FLVZ wrote:
13 Nov 2022
joeyluck wrote:
11 Nov 2022

Not sure what companion is, i thought hitting sync all took care of updating devices where available?
The Companion app is if you are using Reason+. If updating from your account, you might want to download Chord Sequencer separately.

doze

13 Nov 2022

Sync All doesn't seem to be working like it used to? At least for me, i need to select the things I want to download, and physically add the free updates, or click Update on the My Products page.

• Information