Life Enhancement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
huggermugger

28 Oct 2022

One thing I'd like to see added to the new Life Player is an octave transpose button. Some patterns, including the default, are low (C1 range), and regardless of what range they're in, it'd be handy to transpose whole patches up and down conveniently, not just note by note.

Another wish is for a note spread option, like the Open chord setting on Scales & Chords. Again, many of the presets, including the default, produces dense note clusters, which remain dense even if quantized internally or by another Player. It'd be great to be able to spread those clusters out across a couple of octaves or more to produce chords with more air.

There'd be room in the UI, maybe needing to nudge the existing text readout boxes left.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 6.07.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 6.07.09 PM.png (88.56 KiB) Viewed 604 times

Bes
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2022

the device defaults to being set up for Drum machines
there is an option to transpose the notes up and down from the notes menu
also theres an external notes function so you can use any other player or MIDI device to select the desired notes
or you can manually scroll to the desired note values using a combination of Shift + click dragging the mouse on the note value screen
hope some of that information is helpful :)
- Certified Reason expert

huggermugger

28 Oct 2022

Bes wrote:
28 Oct 2022
the device defaults to being set up for Drum machines
there is an option to transpose the notes up and down from the notes menu
also theres an external notes function so you can use any other player or MIDI device to select the desired notes
or you can manually scroll to the desired note values using a combination of Shift + click dragging the mouse on the note value screen
hope some of that information is helpful :)
I tried saving a different default, but it didn't seem to work.

I know about the transpose option in the menus, but a control on the front panel would be helpful.

I've played it as an arpeggiator with external notes, it does very nice things. :)

You can't scroll the note values, you have to select them from a dense popup menu.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 5.55.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 5.55.20 PM.png (208.32 KiB) Viewed 591 times

Bes
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2022

hold SHIFT on the keyboard and left click with the mouse on the note value display you want to change, then move the mouse up or down. it totally works :)
- Certified Reason expert

huggermugger

28 Oct 2022

Bes wrote:
28 Oct 2022
hold SHIFT on the keyboard and left click with the mouse on the note value display you want to change, then move the mouse up or down. it totally works :)
Thank you :)

• Information